Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2017, 06:56 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
KKK was founded by the democrats.. guess what? many democrats who are skin heads don't know what party to belong to.. no one wants them.. but the dems own them.
How are things in Moscow? Warm summer?

Old 08-14-2017, 07:01 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
This is a comment posted after the article. From a man who lives there. This thing has been brewing for quite sometime. You would have thought the city would have been ready for it. The vice mayor seems to have wanted it to blow up.

Repost:
"I am a citizen of Charlottesville and yesterday was a horrible day for my city. The news outlets have it all wrong. This whole march was started by the city's vice mayor and the city council. The vice mayor who is a racist black man ( google Wes Bellamy and read his hate statements towards white people and women) who decided to try to make a name for himself by removing a historical statue of Robert E Lee. He wants to erase history. After the citizens of Charlottesville voiced their opinion that the statue should stay Wes Bellamy kept pushing the issue. These are the facts. This has nothing to do with Trump. Wes Bellamy and the city council brought this mess upon our city. Race relations here have been set back 60 years. BLM is to the black community as the KKK is to the white community.
Bellamy claiming that he hates black people who “act white” or “talk white,” and considers white women to be the “devil.”

'Inappropriate' tweets from Bellamy cause some to call for his removal | Local | dailyprogress.com

This all began because someone decided, as other elected officials have across the country, to cave in to partisan political pressures and seek to erase American history. History is not there for us to love or hate, but for us to learn from and seek to not repeat its mistakes.

Old 08-14-2017, 07:08 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
If we want to condemn groups such as the neo-Nazis and others, then we must also condemn groups such as BLM and Antifa. And we need to stop the cherrypicking, as they all should be investigated. Let’s end this absurdity of trying to connect the Republican Party with the Ku Klux Klan, since it was a creation of the Democrat Party.

And I seem to recall Senator Robert Byrd of West Virginia, infamously known as a grand wizard of the Klan, lauded over at his memorial by Barack Obama, Bill and Hillary Clinton. It was Senator Byrd who was vehemently against the Civil Rights Act of 1964, but it was Republican Senator Everett Dirksen who supported its passage.

Old 08-14-2017, 07:09 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Are you trippin too?

Old 08-14-2017, 07:09 PM

1,663 posts, read 1,055,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
The fact that you guys love to use the phrase Democratic Plantation does not in anyway negate that liberals and progressives should not call any black person who disagrees an "Uncle Tom", but it does show a level of hypocrisy from your side.
The term "democratic plantation" isn't used to insult black folks, it's used to describe the racist democrat run system of keeping black people dependent on welfare, and thus out of the work force. If the democrats keep giving them paltry free handouts and entitlements, they expect blacks to keep voting for them. This is the democratic plantation and it is an intentionally racist system designed by racists back in the 60's to purposefully keep blacks on welfare and out of the workforce.

Old 08-14-2017, 07:10 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,486,570 times
Hope Trump builds that wall on the Mexico border quickly so he can protect us from our own citizens.

The home grown terrorists that Trump and the alt-right are grooming.

Old 08-14-2017, 07:10 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
Quote:
Are you trippin too?
Good Vodka, my friend. We Russian men die about 10 years before those in the civilized world due this type of tripping. Then again, some of the confederate states have lower mortality rates also.

Old 08-14-2017, 07:11 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,695,729 times
Quote:
KKK was founded by the democrats.. guess what? many democrats who are skin heads don't know what party to belong to.. no one wants them.. but the dems own them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
I see how easily some things just go over the heads of our resident intellectuals...

It's not funny, honey. Serious discussion.

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
Are you 10 ?

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Username password View Post
These statues are NOT historical artifacts. They were sculpted we after the war ended and they glorify the CSA - - a faction that wanted to split from the United States so tha they could preserve the right to own human beings as property.

You want history? Visit a museum, or an old Civil War battleground. Statues glorifying Confederate traitors have no place in a civilized society.
Why do you want to mandate how I view history? Maybe, I would rather see things outside, than in a museum sometimes, and learn something about our past. That is an arrogant, typical leftist statement trying to dictate to others how they do things. This is a family friendly forum, so I won't say what I really think.

How dare you try to take my freedom away by telling me where to look at history. You should be ashamed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies