Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2017, 11:18 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,843,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsku View Post
Thanks for this post, clears up the timeline nicely.
Friday night, they hold an illegal march and beat up a bunch of students. This is a well-organized march with military commands and stations fueling up Tiki Torches.

Saturday morning, it is disorganized mayhem with groups of KKK/Nazis attacking citizens at random.

The police call off the noon rally and then break up brawls the rest of the day.

Old 08-16-2017, 11:19 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,667,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
That's a personal attack. You've been reported. You have no evidence whatsoever that I "visit hate sites." You're just angry and frustrated that both I and the DA have made the objective observation that the car driver's actions were NOT premeditated. AND, in fact, there's clear evidence that after having already been attacked from behind, he accelerated forward to avoid further attacks.
The hardest murder charge to prove and convict on is premeditation. Second degree is a shoe-in for a conviction. You just have to prove that the perp willfully did it. DA is going to hang this guy. The rope's just longer with 2nd degree over 1st.

Old 08-16-2017, 11:19 AM

19,654 posts, read 12,244,081 times
Quote:
That's a personal attack. You've been reported. You have no evidence whatsoever that I "visit hate sites." You're just angry and frustrated that both I and the DA have made the objective observation that the car driver's actions were NOT premeditated. AND, in fact, there's clear evidence that after having already been attacked from behind, he accelerated forward to avoid further attacks.
I don't know, it looks like he was driving recklessly before that. Even if he panicked at some point, he has to bear responsibility. I don't blame him for backing up - he would have been pulled out of that car like Reginald Denny and beaten into a coma. The people that jumped behind the car, very stupid. Of course he was going to get out of there as they were smashing their way into the car.

Old 08-16-2017, 11:21 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
The hardest murder charge to prove and convict on is premeditation. Second degree is a shoe-in for a conviction. You just have to prove that the perp willfully did it. DA is going to hang this guy.
Nope. The video and still frame evidence doesn't support it.

Old 08-16-2017, 11:22 AM

Quote:

Lesson to the left... If you don't want to scare a driver into accelerating into a crowd, don't physically attack his car with weapons.
Unless your hero can get a jury of peers with anger management issues and difficulties thinking things through, I doubt this will fly.

Old 08-16-2017, 11:22 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,836,240 times
Quote:
Nope. The video and still frame evidence doesn't support it.
I'll make sure and keep the crow warmed up for you for the day they toss him in the can for 40 years.

Old 08-16-2017, 11:25 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,271,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
Crazies. When you can't see a Tiki torch without thinking of the Klan, YOU are the problem.

Nothing the President can say will appease the fools, so why bother with them? Not worth my time.
How absurd. Plenty of people have them in their backyards.

When a crowd of people holding torches is also holding confederate flags, bats, wearing helmets and shouting Jews Will Not Replace us and Blood and Soil, there is a tendency for logical intelligent people to be reminded of other gatherings.

Call those people fools is simply a way of deflecting from the obvious.

Old 08-16-2017, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
The hardest murder charge to prove and convict on is premeditation. Second degree is a shoe-in for a conviction. You just have to prove that the perp willfully did it. DA is going to hang this guy. The rope's just longer with 2nd degree over 1st.
The guy has a public defender and history of anger management issues.

There are photos of him at the rally and videos of him accelerating into the crowd.

I hope he has some hobbies that can be pursued in a small space.

Old 08-16-2017, 11:29 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,511,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
So a bunch of Klansmen and Nazi sympathizers came to town, armed to teeth, and vowing to cause trouble and the police are at fault for not protecting everyone from mayhem popping up all over the place?

I read where this group has a rally planned in Boston. That ought to be a good time.
Everyone from the former Cville Police Chief, protesters and ralliers, outside experts have criticized the police. Especially puzzling is why the street where the cars were wasn't shut down the disregard for keeping the opposing groups apart, and the police 'disengagement' when they did see violence, which let the violence grow.

Old 08-16-2017, 11:32 AM

4,488 posts, read 1,644,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
Just because he is too stupid to be "good" at terrorism (ironic term if there ever was one) does not mean he is not a terrorist.

He was more effective than the shoe bomber guy and no one is trying to say that guy wasn't a terrorist.
Good Post!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies