Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2017, 06:39 AM

63,007 posts, read 29,203,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
this statement could not be more wrong.

one of my daughters voted for tRump and she is married to a black man. he also voted for tRump.

I am a "leftist".

tRump?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2017, 06:46 AM

17,349 posts, read 11,305,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Now try "white nationalist".
The definition of a Nationalist per the dictionary is
"a member of a political party or group advocating national independence or strong national government"

The definition of Nationalism is
" loyalty and devotion to a nation; especially : a sense of national consciousness (see consciousness 1c) exalting one nation above all others and placing primary emphasis on promotion of its culture and interests as opposed to those of other nations or supranational groups"

It has nothing to do with race or hatred. Abraham Lincoln, Roosevelt are good examples of nationalists, Republicans and Democrats, liberals and conservatives. The American generation that fought WWII were nationalists. It's about loving your country and putting your country first.

The news media is now making up their own definition and making it the same as "supremacist" by putting the word white in front of it and making it sound evil. The two words are very different with different meanings. The majority of Americans are nationalists. They are white, black, Asian and every other race and religion.

Old 08-14-2017, 06:48 AM

4,944 posts, read 2,944,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
The definition of a Nationalist per the dictionary is

It has nothing to do with race or hatred.
You my friend have been duped by right wing liars. White nationalist its in the name they want a white ethnostate sounds pretty racist to me.

Old 08-14-2017, 06:51 AM

27,606 posts, read 28,714,640 times
Quote:
The definition of Nationalism is
" loyalty and devotion to a nation; especially : a sense of national consciousness (see consciousness 1c) exalting one nation above all others and placing primary emphasis on promotion of its culture and interests as opposed to those of other nations or supranational groups"

It has nothing to do with race or hatred.
The OP asked for the definition of white nationalism, not nationalism. These are 2 very different things.

White nationalists want a separate racial homeland for themselves. They don't want non-whites in their midst. It's very much the same as black nationalists.

Old 08-14-2017, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
You my friend have been duped by right wing liars. White nationalist its in the name they want a white ethnostate sounds pretty racist to me.
No, you my friend have been duped by the media. There is nothing in nationalism that wants a white ethnostate. There is nothing racist about being a nationalist. Nationalists are all races. You are made to believe that supremacist and nationalist are the same thing. Look the words up in the Webster dictionary and you'll see they are very different.
You're saying the dictionary is lying. I think not.

Old 08-14-2017, 06:52 AM

2,513 posts, read 2,794,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
A toxic mixture of hatred, ignorance, fear and anger.
Gee, that could be said about BLM supporters. Heck, you just described many Unions.

Old 08-14-2017, 06:54 AM

Quote:
No, you my friend have been duped by the media. There is nothing in nationalism that wants a white ethnostate. There is nothing racist about being a nationalist. Nationalists are all races. You are made to believe that supremacist and nationalist are the same thing. Look the words up in the Webster dictionary and you'll see they are very different.
You're saying the dictionary is lying. I think not.
Yes nationalists can be any race. White nationalist can only be white you are obfuscating the truth by backpedaling I don't need to listen to the media to know that white nationalists are morons who want racial segregation.

Old 08-14-2017, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
The OP asked for the definition of white nationalism, not nationalism. These are 2 very different things.

White nationalists want a separate racial homeland for themselves. They don't want non-whites in their midst.
Those are supremacists, not nationalists. They are not the same and no amount of propaganda can change that.

Old 08-14-2017, 06:55 AM

34,244 posts, read 18,612,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFanHSV View Post
Gee, that could be said about BLM supporters. Heck, you just described many Unions.
That's a good point. Both use intimidation, and violence to advance their cause, and achieve their goals.

Old 08-14-2017, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Those are supremacists, not nationalists. They are not the same and no amount of propaganda can change that.
White supremacists have hijacked the term white nationalist to appear more mainstream. Thankfully most normal people aren't fooled by that gimmick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies