Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2017, 07:23 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,185,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterful_Man View Post
Over the past ten years I've noticed more and more anti-white dogma coming from the left, to the point where they now accuse all whites of having a special privilege. They now want to remove historical monuments and statues of any past white man who is suspected of being even a little racist.

I'm not shocked by the fact that more young white men are turning to nationalism (which is ok), and more extremist stuff like Nazism (definitely not ok).

I think most of this is simply a reaction to the anti-white dogma that is being put forth by the left.
How does the left expect white people to react when they're constantly ridiculed for supposedly having a special privilege, or having their historical statues removed, or being discriminated against by affirmative action policies which sometimes favor less qualified minorities?

It seems like a lot of people are incapable of connecting dots or seeing cause & effect.
I'm not sure if you are open to learning anything new but if you are, here is a good article that explains that which confuses you. https://www.tolerance.org/profession...hite-privilege
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2017, 07:27 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,747,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Not true. Clinton and her campaign didn't hate the white working class, she simply neglected them. Big difference.
While continuing to support our jobs going to China or India and letting illegal immigrants keep stealing our jobs.

Old 08-14-2017, 07:28 PM

2,333 posts, read 1,489,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterful_Man View Post
Over the past ten years I've noticed more and more anti-white dogma coming from the left, to the point where they now accuse all whites of having a special privilege. They now want to remove historical monuments and statues of any past white man who is suspected of being even a little racist.

I'm not shocked by the fact that more young white men are turning to nationalism (which is ok), and more extremist stuff like Nazism (definitely not ok).

I think most of this is simply a reaction to the anti-white dogma that is being put forth by the left.
How does the left expect white people to react when they're constantly ridiculed for supposedly having a special privilege, or having their historical statues removed, or being discriminated against by affirmative action policies which sometimes favor less qualified minorities?

It seems like a lot of people are incapable of connecting dots or seeing cause & effect.
First, "a little racist"? Really?

But to your question: No, of course not. My SO, close friends, and most of my coworkers are white - all wonderful people. My favorite authors, artists and actors are white. You can't hate a race while inviting their people and culture into your heart.

Don't know why you'd equate a recognition of some historical flaws or privilege as hate. I recognize the Japanese have been horrendously cruel in periods of history; I do not hate the Japanese people. I recognize the wealthy have a privileged life in the US; I certainly do not hate the wealthy. I recognize Nazis were monsters, who may have had families and loved ones like us all; I have no hate at all for the German people, and not for their descendents.

And, lastly, I appreciate the sincere concern some white people like you may have about feeling alienated in your own country. But... I hope you recognize minorities feel that too, and that's why groups like BLM came to be.

Old 08-14-2017, 07:29 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
I am starting to think the left wants a race war. It is getting really odd .. they take the side of those who march with destruction on their mind battering Trump supporters , hating cops, calling everyone names, telling white people they should be guilty if they are white. And many are white people.. this is how sick it is...

I still can't believe the left.. they are trying every hate and division path they can find to destroy us all.

Old 08-14-2017, 07:31 PM

1,663 posts, read 1,055,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
I'm not sure if you are open to learning anything new but if you are, here is a good article that explains that which confuses you. https://www.tolerance.org/profession...hite-privilege
I read the first paragraph and already noticed major errors, lol.
Nice try.

There are racial differences in intelligence according to scientific research. People can choose to accept that or deny it, but facts are facts.

I'm actually quite ok with differences amongst varying groups of people, whereas the left seems to hate differences because they want everyone to be "equal". They're obsessed with equality.

I also happen to love diversity, but I also understand that for diversity to exist we must have separate borders, separate cultures, and separate races or ethnic groups that can focus on building their specific cultures.

The left's version of diversity will end up in conformity and mediocrity.

Old 08-14-2017, 07:31 PM

11,253 posts, read 11,025,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
What means do you speak of exactly?
Only time will tell. Every day there are new surprises from the left. New spin. New lies. More lunatic rants. More obstructionism. The left lowers the bar daily as they root for the failure of the Trump administration.

Old 08-14-2017, 07:32 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
I'm white. I don't hate myself. I acknowledge that I have a lot of advantages in this world (call it "priveledge" if you will). People in other situations also have advantages (for instance, a black female growing up wealthy might have privilege that a poor white male living in West Virginia coal county doesn't have...).

It doesn't mean that I don't work hard. It doesn't mean that I didn't work hard to get to where I am. It doesn't mean that I don't deserve what I've worked for in this life. But it is reality - I have advantages as a white male. I just do. These things have been studied - these realities exist. I will always have implicit advantages that some people don't have. I'm lucky.

People can deny these realities all they want. I know it makes some people uncomfortable to discuss these topics. I think it's a good thing that we're finally discussing these issues.

I don't think there is a (legitimate) movement on the left that "hates" white people. You don't honestly believe that, do you? Really?
List your privileges because I can't list one.

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I am starting to think the left wants a race war. It is getting really odd .. they take the side of those who march with destruction on their mind battering Trump supporters , hating cops, calling everyone names, telling white people they should be guilty if they are white. And many are white people.. this is how sick it is...

I still can't believe the left.. they are trying every hate and division path they can find to destroy us all.
It was a white supremacist among a group of white supremacists carrying Nazi flags that killed a woman and injured twenty others including five in critical condition - led by David Duke, who said they were fulfilling Trump's promise.

34,054 posts, read 17,071,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Not true. Clinton and her campaign didn't hate the white working class, she simply neglected them. Big difference.
Who?

Oh that's right..last year's forgotten loser.

FYI: When you call them deplorable and boast you will kill their jobs as she did, you hate them. She reaped what she sewed. Her lifelong dream crushed.

Old 08-14-2017, 07:33 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,567,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonJuanQuixote View Post
many terrible things are done in desperation.
Like voting for Donald Trump and doing everything one can to excuse KKK-style organizations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies