Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2017, 06:20 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,112,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
Cool, now all you need is a majority of votes of your elected representatives to agree with you.
No, let's do like the liberals, and just tear them down. Liberals don't have to obey the law- they can provide "sanctuary" for illegals, so why can't I do what I want regardless of the law?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2017, 06:22 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,112,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I could see these snowflakes voting for a law that makes it illegal to make a statue of someone without making a statue for everyone! Imagine that, 300 million statues in America!
They would prefer 300 million statues of Obama, Whoopie, Hillary, or Bernie- maybe Bruce Jenner- after the sex change operation!

Old 08-17-2017, 06:58 AM

25,848 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
They would prefer 300 million statues of Obama, Whoopie, Hillary, or Bernie- maybe Bruce Jenner- after the sex change operation!
And illegal aliens first!

Old 08-17-2017, 07:01 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
I don't see anyone getting a vote. Baltimore took them down in the middle of the night. Anyone here from Baltimore vote on that?

"The removals began late Tuesday night, a day after the City Council voted unanimously to take down the monuments immediately, CNN affiliate WBAL reported."

Baltimore mayor defends decision to remove Confederate statues overnight - CNN

The city had already decided the statues should go. The midnight action just moved the timetable.

"Pugh said she was frustrated the process for removing the statues wasn’t further along when she took office in December. She noted that Rawlings-Blake had the commission’s recommendation for nearly a year before leaving office."

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/mar...814-story.html

Old 08-17-2017, 07:01 AM

3,211 posts, read 2,243,156 times
Quote:
Because after the Civil War their priority was to kill/displace native Americans off the land to make it safe for white, Christian settlers. Seems pretty offensive to me.
For sure DC (built on Democrat slave labor) needs to be razed to the ground and then move the capital out of the Swamp to a more neutral location.

Old 08-17-2017, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Yes.

"The removals began late Tuesday night, a day after the City Council voted unanimously to take down the monuments immediately, CNN affiliate WBAL reported."

Baltimore mayor defends decision to remove Confederate statues overnight - CNN
You mean the liberal fringe council steamrolled the population again? You realize what has happened to these city councils in liberal cities? Decent people no longer run for them.

Old 08-17-2017, 07:18 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
You mean the liberal fringe council steamrolled the population again? You realize what has happened to these city councils in liberal cities? Decent people no longer run for them.
Well, that's on them, isn't it?

The statue removal question was in discussion for nearly two years, including during a mayoral campaign. Obviously, neither the mayor nor the council majority thought they'd pay a political price for this action.

And you're stepping all over your own argument. Baltimore is a liberal city, and has been for some time. Why do you think that a liberal city council in a liberal city is on the fringe? Are you seriously saying that most of those liberal citizens support keeping confederate statues? In what universe would that occur?

Old 08-17-2017, 07:22 AM

1,659 posts, read 1,242,613 times
Quote:
I don't see anyone getting a vote. Baltimore took them down in the middle of the night. Anyone here from Baltimore vote on that?
I'm sure Baltimore's problems have all been solved now.

Old 08-17-2017, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Well, that's on them, isn't it?

The statue removal question was in discussion for nearly two years, including during a mayoral campaign. Obviously, neither the mayor nor the council majority thought they'd pay a political price for this action.

And you're stepping all over your own argument. Baltimore is a liberal city, and has been for some time. Why do you think that a liberal city council in a liberal city is on the fringe? Are you seriously saying that most of those liberal citizens support keeping confederate statues? In what universe would that occur?
Baltimore is like St Paul and Minneapolis. The liberals run the show eve though the majority of the people paying the bills are truly conservative but just go with the flow.

St Paul just announced a 24% property tax hike. And they wonder why people are getting fed up with them.

Old 08-17-2017, 07:24 AM

1,122 posts, read 962,275 times
Why all the yelling and screaming of statues today? Why in 2017? If they go to Vietnam War Memorial in Washington DC I have a gut feeling there will be a war...

My nephew, is a Millennial and sent me a message on Twitter and showed me a picture with men in fatigues carrying assault weapons at the rally this past weekend in Virginia. He stated we need to be more scared of these guys - I looked the fellas up and they were part of a militia that goes to these rallies to try to keep every one protected. Also, in Virginia you can carry a gun which I looked up. What propaganda my nephew was spewing trying to make it look as those these men were all bad. They were veterans of the wars...My nephew also backs up ANTIFA.

Why have we not heard from Ron Kovic? I wonder how he would feel to learn they want to destroy the war memorials. All of this is so disturbing and it's the Millennials who are causing most of it in my view. Not all of them are bad but the ones yelling/screaming seem to be lost souls.

Baby boomers were taught history and I do not think these kids have. It's who we are and a reminder NOT to repeat history. This is our nation...good or bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies