Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2017, 08:05 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,759,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
? The whole point of that article is the author speculating that maybe that's something that liberals will some day suggest.
True, and given the pace at which the cultural revolution is proceeding that someday could be tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2017, 08:07 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,628,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
True, and given the pace at which the cultural revolution is proceeding that someday could be tomorrow.
Well, lemme know when that happens. Then I'll stop calling this thread out as a baldfaced lie.

Until then, though...

Old 08-18-2017, 08:13 AM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 2 days ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,599,675 times
How do you define "alt-left"?

Richard Spencer himself defines (or at least characterizes) alt-right as white nationalists. I no of no "progressive" who coined the term "alt-left". There is no alt-left, for "alt" is not simply a euphemistic for "far". Therefore, your use of alt-left is simply propaganda you swallowed from whoever you consider a reliable non-MSM source - especially if you say there's no difference between the "alt-left" and regular left.

So tell me, what exactly is the alt left? Otherwise that's just a bunch of rhetorical hot air.

Quote:
That headline is a baldfaced lie, and your thread is total bull****. There is not one word in that article about liberals wanting to blow up Mount Rushmore. Did you even bother to read it? The whole point of that article is the author speculating that maybe that's something that liberals will some day suggest.

Nevertheless, I am certain that within an hour this thread will have 10 pages of Trumpheads barking their heads off - even though none of them will have bothered reading the aricle, either.
A+, Mr. In-Between.

Anyone who thinks The Daily Caller is a reliable source also is likely to think InfoWars is reliable too. A few months ago, I even saw a thread about racism at an Iowa high school - with a friggin prepper site as a source article!!!!

After seeing the remarks from such people on this site one gets the impression that they think the proper litmus test for truthfulness/reliability is by how scarily sensational a news site, paper, network, or story is. If that doesn't tell you about their lack of mental and emotional discipline and lack of critical thinking skills, I don't know what does.

Last edited by Phil75230; 08-18-2017 at 08:25 AM..

Old 08-18-2017, 08:23 AM

3,519 posts, read 2,822,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itinerantlocal View Post
It's Time To Blow Up Mount Rushmore | The Daily Caller Ammo up people. The left is getting violent again.
What is wrong with you people? Have you no shame in trying to support Trump's racists positions?

When it is shown that any of the presidents on Mt. Rushmore were in favor of seceding from the Union so that they can continue to own and enslave people, yes we can blow it up.

The article does not show anyone on the left wanting to blow things up. And if you support Trump's narrative that it is we are destroying or culture, are you OK with White Supremest groups putting up a statue of Adolph Hitler in your town because he is a part of their history and culture? That is all these statues are, celebrating traitors who were in favor of leaving the Union so they could own people and not pay them for the work they did.

Old 08-18-2017, 08:24 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,445,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
How do you define "alt-left"?
The violent and radical Left.

Old 08-18-2017, 08:25 AM

461 posts, read 861,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Really?
The alt right or neo nazis' cultural revolution has also been picking up steam....does that mean someday/maybe tomorrow nazis will want to kill everyone not like them....?
Oh wait...that slope has been crossed now and in the past...

Old 08-18-2017, 08:27 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,445,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDCB View Post
Really?
The alt right or neo nazis' cultural revolution has also been picking up steam....does that mean someday/maybe tomorrow nazis will want to kill everyone not like them....?
Oh wait...that slope has been crossed now and in the past...
Yes really. Wake up.

Old 08-18-2017, 08:30 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,648,665 times
Quote:
That headline is a baldfaced lie, and your thread is total bull****. There is not one word in that article about liberals wanting to blow up Mount Rushmore. Did you even bother to read it? The whole point of that article is the author speculating that maybe that's something that liberals will some day suggest.

Nevertheless, I am certain that within an hour this thread will have 10 pages of Trumpheads barking their heads off - even though none of them will have bothered reading the aricle, either.
Not really a lie, it's actually in the actual Vice article.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/9...mount-rushmore

Second Paragraph.

"Which made me wonder: If Rushmore ever did get "blown up," what should those dudes be replaced with? Fact is, I'm not sure there is any American president worthy of being etched into the side of a 60-foot mountain with explosives and jackhammers. I mean, every single one has at least been partially complicit in horrific atrocities."

Also, this was legit the headline of the actual article before Vice changed it.

https://twitter.com/johncardillo/sta...58338432954368

You should do more research before calling people liars.

Old 08-18-2017, 08:35 AM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 2 days ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,599,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
The violent and radical Left.
Violent and radical are two different things. Violence is a matter of behavior. Radical is a matter of political position. You can have non-violent Maoists and non-violent theologically extreme religionists (Christian, Islamic, whatever).

You can also have violent people who aren't radical either - even if simple fights at a bar between a run of the mill conservative and a run of the mill liberal, who are so self-righeteous and/or prideful they simply see others who take the opposite belief as effectively barely human.

So where do non-violent radicals fall into that alt-left scheme? Where do violent non-radicals fall into it?

I'm sure there are some white nationalists who are both non-violent and also don't advocate violence, yet their beliefs nevertheless qualify as alt-right by virtue of them being white nationalists.

So defining alt-left as the violent and radical left doesn't do anything. You'd do better to simply call them the militant left --- btw, even then, Black Bloq for sure and arguably many Antifa are not liberals of the Bernie Sanders sort. They are anarchists, who hate the touchy feely leftists as much as they hate the conservatives.

Old 08-18-2017, 08:36 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,381,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
Man, the internet has made it possible for you guys to live any right-wing fantasy/narrative you want eh, thanks blogs, social media and YouTube.

The traditional media with it's journalistic integrity is the only keeping you guys in check and you guys can't stand it, which is why you call them fake.
wow. I just saw the words "traditional media" and "journalistic integrity" used in the same sentence.

I am sad for you Eli. very sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies