Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2017, 09:44 AM

29,808 posts, read 14,865,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Sad to see liberals trying to make political points over this poor girl's death. The parents wishes should be respected and let them mourn however they choose to.

As one not completely controlled by PC, I advise my kids and I try myself to avoid fighting or joining in groups that are fighting unless the cause is worth fighting and dying for. I don't consider preventing a couple hundred losers their right to protest as they were approved to do is worth dying for.

Just seems like common sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2017, 09:46 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,476,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AminWi View Post
The reason she gave for opting not to meet with him was because he lied and said that she had praised him when in fact she had not. I get the sense that she would be up for open and honest dialog, but knows a hopeless case when she sees one.
That's her reason? hahahaha. Maybe she shouldn't go since the statement I saw from her seemed to support Leftist violence anyway. Garbage.

Old 08-18-2017, 09:48 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,436,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Wasn't Heather a parent ? And a single parent at that?
I don't believe she had children. She was a paralegal in Charlottesville, and shortly before she died, she expressed to coworkers that she was afraid of getting shot but that she still wanted to be there. She was apparently killed after leaving work around lunch time to join the crowd who had gathered on Water St to celebrate after learning that the Unite movement's permit to protest in Emancipation Park had been revoked and that they were dispersing.

Old 08-18-2017, 09:49 AM

957 posts, read 761,047 times
Good for her. Why would she want to meet with the face of evil as she knows whatever he says would be a lie.

Old 08-18-2017, 09:51 AM

18,567 posts, read 7,434,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Heather's Mother Susan Bro is refusing to speak with Trump even though he is trying to contact her. Her position is she will not forgive him for morally equating what her daughter did, peaceful protest, with what the white supremacist and KKK did, namely spewing racial hate and engaging in deadly violence.
Trump didn't equate anything; he condemned illegal violence.

And "the white supremacist and KKK" did not engage in deadly force. One single idiot did. Stop lying and spreading hatred.

Old 08-18-2017, 09:52 AM

29,808 posts, read 14,865,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
I don't believe she had children. She was a paralegal in Charlottesville, and shortly before she died, she expressed to coworkers that she was afraid of getting shot but that she still wanted to be there. She was apparently killed after leaving work around lunch time to join the crowd who had gathered on Water St to celebrate after learning that the Unite movement's permit to protest in Emancipation Park had been revoked and that they were dispersing.

Okay, thanks for the info. Although, finding out that the unite group had their permit revoked and still stood their ground would have been a huge red flag for me. That is a tinderbox just waiting to go off.

I will be interested to hear the results (if we ever do) of the investigation of the incident. There are rumors that the mayor had the police stand down, almost as if they wanted something to happen. Hopefully that isn't the case, if it is Heathers death is on the person that made that decision.

Old 08-18-2017, 09:58 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,436,370 times
Quote:
Okay, thanks for the info. Although, finding out that the unite group had their permit revoked and still stood their ground would have been a huge red flag for me. That is a tinderbox just waiting to go off.

I will be interested to hear the results (if we ever do) of the investigation of the incident. There are rumors that the mayor had the police stand down, almost as if they wanted something to happen. Hopefully that isn't the case, if it is Heathers death is on the person that made that decision.
I think I know how the confusion started. Heather Heyer's mother, Susan Bro, posted a message to Facebook about a mother's love for a daughter, and the way that was reported made it sound as if Heyer is a mother. If you read carefully, however, it's clear that the message was a declaration of love from Susan to Heather.

Old 08-18-2017, 09:58 AM

51,699 posts, read 25,995,509 times
Quote:

Heather's death is on the man that ran into her and the KKK/Nazis who put him up to it.

Old 08-18-2017, 10:00 AM

19,818 posts, read 12,371,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
So if they had been allowed to have their little rally, Heather Heyer would still be alive.

Old 08-18-2017, 10:00 AM

18,567 posts, read 7,434,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Heather's death is on the man that ran into her and the KKK/Nazis who put him up to it.
There's no evidence anyone put him up to it. You're lying to inflame hatred.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies