Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2017, 07:50 AM

16,912 posts, read 10,604,576 times

Advertisements

YouTube shut down and deleted a channel made by a single dad that featured videos he took with his kids around the house. His videos had millions of views and were among the most popular on YouTube.

YouTube shuts down creepy Toy Freaks channel | Daily Mail Online

I get that Google is a private company, but imagine the outrage if they shut down a channel for single moms that featured things she did around the house with her kids? In fact, if I were this guy I would get a lawyer to see if they did in fact shut down single mom channels or if they discriminated against him for being a single dad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2017, 07:57 AM

3,366 posts, read 1,608,721 times
Profiting from suffering? How so?

I've never heard of it, what was creepy about it?

Old 11-18-2017, 07:59 AM

2,112 posts, read 1,143,369 times
They didn't discriminate against him because he was a dad, they discriminated against him because he's a bad dad.

Old 11-18-2017, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo302 View Post
Profiting from suffering? How so?

I've never heard of it, what was creepy about it?
Nothing. It's just a way to shut down a popular channel by a dad for doing dad stuff.

Old 11-18-2017, 08:03 AM

25,974 posts, read 22,154,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
YouTube shut down and deleted a channel made by a single dad that featured videos he took with his kids around the house. His videos had millions of views and were among the most popular on YouTube.

I get that Google is a private company, but imagine the outrage if they shut down a channel for single moms that featured things she did around the house with her kids? In fact, if I were this guy I would get a lawyer to see if they did in fact shut down single mom channels or if they discriminated against him for being a single dad.
Did you read the article? This is quoted from the article:

"Though it's unclear what exact policy the channel violated, the videos showed the girls in unusual situations that often involved gross-out food play and simulated vomiting. The channel invented the 'bad baby' genre, and some videos showed the girls pretending to urinate on each other or fishing pacifiers out of the toilet."

I think it should go beyond shutting down the channel to a visit from Child Protective Services. This is a sick man! I am particularly concerned about showing the girls pretending to urinate on each other, I won't detail why, just say that those who know what a "golden shower" is and pedophilia should be able to figure it out!

Anyone that classifies this as "dad stuff", thank God I didn't have anyone like that for a dad.

Old 11-18-2017, 08:04 AM

39,239 posts, read 27,639,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post

YouTube shuts down single dad's popular Toy Freaks channel after complaints he is exploiting his daughters and 'profiting from their suffering' with his weird videos that often show them scared and crying

Read more: YouTube shuts down creepy Toy Freaks channel | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Give me a break, it looks like his daughters had a lot of fun time with their father. Nothing wrong with it.

Old 11-18-2017, 08:10 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,551,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post

"Though it's unclear what exact policy the channel violated, the videos showed the girls in unusual situations that often involved gross-out food play and simulated vomiting. The channel invented the 'bad baby' genre, and some videos showed the girls pretending to urinate on each other or fishing pacifiers out of the toilet."

I think it should go beyond shutting down the channel to a visit from Child Protective Services. This is a sick man! I am particularly concerned about showing the girls pretending to urinate on each other, I won't detail why, just say that those who know what a "golden shower" is and pedophilia should be able to figure it out!

Anyone that classifies this as "dad stuff", thank God I didn't have anyone like that for a dad.
Now here's something we can agree on! That's just gross and, no, doesn't sound like normal 'dad stuff'.

Old 11-18-2017, 08:12 AM

2,112 posts, read 1,143,369 times
Even if this guy was my brother, I wouldn't let him babysit my kids

Old 11-18-2017, 08:16 AM

19,658 posts, read 12,251,755 times
Sounds like Louis CK level inappropriate dad humor. I hope when kids who are used like this for humor get older the make the parents regret it.

Old 11-18-2017, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post

What kids do you know who don't do "gross stuff" like fake vomiting? Hell, they make fake vomit toys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies