Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2017, 12:59 PM

923 posts, read 495,136 times

Advertisements

The Cascadia Tsunami can't strike soon enough

Old 08-21-2017, 01:05 PM

46,961 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
He did and he said so before hand.
So you keep saying. I gave you quotes, videos and times the clip was aired. You're very - coy - about the date of the devil's advocate quote. I know he blathered about "devils advocate" when he was cornered like a rat in the Megyn Kelly interview. But that seems a bit, y'know, late in the game.

But frankly, I don't give a damn. What is the purpose of a devil's advocate? To sow doubt. It doesn't absolve him in the slightest. He put those ideas out there and his harebrained fans not only gobbled them up, they decided to act on them. When you have a following like that, you don't get to wash your hands of the consequences of your words by merely pretending you played a role.

Short version: He said what he said, doesn't like the consequences, but isn't man enough to retract.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry
Always defend the truth. The truth is pure.
Then why are you sticking up for a man like Alex Jones, a man who's admitted to playing a role?

Old 08-21-2017, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
BTW, it wasn't staged. The guy's name is Jake Stratton. He is in some local Seattle rock-metal band, and I guess is a bit of a weirdo.

https://twitter.com/gobleft?lang=en

https://www.decibelmagazine.com/2017...jones-seattle/

Police mock Alex Jones following Seattle rant | Newshub
That's just what the MSM lamestream media wants you to think.

Old 08-21-2017, 01:16 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times
Quote:
BTW, it wasn't staged. The guy's name is Jake Stratton. He is in some local Seattle rock-metal band, and I guess is a bit of a weirdo.
I could see him doing it for the publicity.

Old 08-21-2017, 01:33 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
So you keep saying. I gave you quotes, videos and times the clip was aired. You're very - coy - about the date of the devil's advocate quote. I know he blathered about "devils advocate" when he was cornered like a rat in the Megyn Kelly interview. But that seems a bit, y'know, late in the game.
sigh During the Kelly interview he said for people not to listen to her because of a false narrative. Again the devils advocate came out early, he said he was going to look at the other side. You keep ignoring this.

Quote:
But frankly, I don't give a damn.
Then why make it about that in the first? lol

Quote:
What is the purpose of a devil's advocate? To sow doubt.
To look at something from another perspective. Because you don't like it, playing devils advocate takes on a whole new meaning for you. You're acting irrational and emotional. You can't think clearly when doing that. Hey look your Alex Jones!

Quote:
It doesn't absolve him in the slightest. He put those ideas out there and his harebrained fans not only gobbled them up, they decided to act on them. When you have a following like that, you don't get to wash your hands of the consequences of your words by merely pretending you played a role.
He needs to be absolved because he did something you didn't like? Act on them? You made this all up. More drama, more emotion. How about you quit listening to Alex Jones? You're not the audience he's going for.

Quote:
Short version: He said what he said, doesn't like the consequences, but isn't man enough to retract.
Nothing to retract. Because you don't like it?

Quote:
Then why are you sticking up for a man like Alex Jones, a man who's admitted to playing a role?
lol I'm not sticking up for him. I'm sticking up for the truth. Don't get mad at him for doing something he didn't do. I'll never defend that.

You want to get mad because he played devils advocate? I get it. I don't agree but I get it. Get mad at him for something he did.

Jones bad, Trump bad, Republican Bad. grrrrr That's what you refuse to get. You can't see with your agenda driven blinders. It's about policy. It's about the truth.

Old 08-21-2017, 02:08 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
When the Trump haters start posting a topic about Alex Jones, then Alex Jones must be worth listening too.

No doubt he raises very inconvenient issues and their usual response is to go on the attack.

Old 08-21-2017, 02:45 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
When the Trump haters start posting a topic about Alex Jones, then Alex Jones must be worth listening too.

No doubt he raises very inconvenient issues and their usual response is to go on the attack.
And doing what all media does, try to make money. Only the side you agree with can sensationalize, otherwise it's bad.

Old 08-21-2017, 05:04 PM

5,110 posts, read 2,050,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
I could see him doing it for the publicity.
As long as he don't get the ransom of glory that come with it.

Old 08-21-2017, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
You're not the audience he's going for.
Oh, that's for certain. And I need to be more grateful about that fact, for sure.

Quote:
I'm sticking up for the truth
A very noble cause. Now tell me how this:

Quote:
Yeah, so, Sandy Hook is a synthetic completely fake with actors, in my view, manufactured. I couldn’t believe it at first. I knew they had actors there, clearly, but I thought they killed some real kids. And it just shows how bold they are, that they clearly used actors. I mean they even ended up using photos of kids killed in mass shootings here in a fake mass shooting in Turkey -- so yeah, or Pakistan. The sky is now the limit. I appreciate your call
- advances truth?

Old 08-21-2017, 10:27 PM

465 posts, read 235,944 times
Default It's all show business

Quote:
This is the funniest news story to be told to whole audiences either side of the aisle of just what power does to some people in show business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies