Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What Do You Want To Hear Tonight About US Policy To Be In Afghanistan
We're Done With Afghanistan And We Are Getting Out Now 68 76.40%
We Are Increasing US Troop Levels in Afghanistan 11 12.36%
We Are Going To Pretty Much Do The Same Old Same Old 10 11.24%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2017, 08:09 PM

3,615 posts, read 2,330,890 times

Advertisements

McCain should be overjoyed , the trump base won't be . This is what happens when you let go brilliant political strategists like Bannon who understands the trump base and surround yourself with generals and Goldman Sachs types and globalists
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2017, 08:10 PM

39,870 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
Oh, I don't know. The bar for his sounding "presidential" has been set pretty low so far. And as far as "speaking from the gut", he's got quite a "gut" from which to speak, if you've seen him in golf togs.
Agreed. After 8 years of UmUmUmbama, it doesn't take much to sound more professional.

Not the message I wanted to hear though. Bring our troops home. We have sacrificed far too many young Americans trying to keep Muslims from killing each other. They are not worth it.

Old 08-21-2017, 08:11 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,445,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Hey, make no mistake, I am not happy at all that we are still wasting out time over there. I do not support his descision at all. Bu the fact that he held long meetings with his Generals to come to this conclusion (witch again i do not agree with) shows that he is taking the issue seriously and not just doing what he wants to keep a promise.
It's a pity the the President is so unversed in military matters--someone should have taught him the axiom: "Never reinforce failure--withdraw and consolidate--find a victory..and grab it"

The cold, hard truth..4,000 troops mean nothing..they will not change the balance of power a whit--at best, they might slow down the losses we've already sustained.

40,000 troops--might set the enemy back on their heels--on the other hand..it just might provide for the Afganis what is termed, 'a target rich environment'

How many Americans must die...before we get the point..without genocide..these people cannot be defeated!

Old 08-21-2017, 08:13 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,098,111 times
Very sad

Hope Trump
Is still strong on border and jobs though

Old 08-21-2017, 08:16 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,624,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
McCain should be overjoyed , the trump base won't be . This is what happens when you let go brilliant political strategists like Bannon who understands the trump base and surround yourself with generals and Goldman Sachs types and globalists
Wait, I thought Trumps "base" were ALL neo nazi extermination squad types who love killing all non white people...why would his supposed base by saddened by more war?

Old 08-21-2017, 08:19 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
8 years of Obama

8 years at war
Afghanistan has been going on a lot longer than 8 years.

Old 08-21-2017, 08:19 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Just another typical politician whose supporters claimed he wasn't.
You don't agree with his policy?

Obama would approve. Pius people will be raped, displaced, killed.

That's what voters want, no?

Old 08-21-2017, 08:23 PM

2,333 posts, read 1,489,213 times
I'm conflicted.. was before this speech and I didn't really learn anything new after it. I don't want any more Americans to lose their lives (or livelihoods, as broken men) in the Middle East. But I also get that there's a risk to leaving a vacuum like Iraq. I don't think the Afghanis stand a chance alone against Isis, Al Qaeda, and whatever other extremists are there... soon enough it will be another base camp for all of them from which to attack us over here.

Old 08-21-2017, 08:24 PM

3,306 posts, read 1,346,947 times
McConnell said Congress has "zero chance" of failing to raise the debt ceiling and Trump announced his Afghanistan strategy on the same day. A coincidence? Breitbarters aren't very happy today.

Old 08-21-2017, 08:29 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,445,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
You don't agree with his policy?

Obama would approve. Pius people will be raped, displaced, killed.

That's what voters want, no?
I think most of us want an end to the Middle East wars. I actually think Bush 1 had the right idea..when they **** us off...do something harsh..and leave--when the lesson wears off...repeat..accent on the harsh.

...and accent on the leave!

Had Bush II left Iraq alone...and concentrated on getting Osama..what would the region look like now? No ISIS...probably no Syrian Civil war. Hence, no refugee crisis...especially in Europe.

All because Bush II had to prove his P***s was bigger than his Father's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies