Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What Do You Want To Hear Tonight About US Policy To Be In Afghanistan
We're Done With Afghanistan And We Are Getting Out Now 68 76.40%
We Are Increasing US Troop Levels in Afghanistan 11 12.36%
We Are Going To Pretty Much Do The Same Old Same Old 10 11.24%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2017, 07:59 PM

20,109 posts, read 9,018,880 times

Advertisements

any Trump collusion found today?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2017, 08:00 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times
“We have wasted an enormous amount of blood and treasure in Afghanistan. Their government has zero appreciation,” Trump tweeted in November 2013. “Let's get out!”

Old 08-21-2017, 08:01 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,662,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
Trump doesn't know what he's doing. He's surrounded himself with generals who solve everything with "more troops". They're not going to tell him that Afghanistan is a lost cause.

This businessman doesn't have a clue about the law of diminishing returns. His friends the Russians should have told him about Afghanistan.

No, they don't listen to us. People keep voting for the same candidates in gerrymandered districts. They have no competition so they don't have to listen.
That's true. To a nail, every solution is a hammer. To a general, every solution is more troops and money.

Old 08-21-2017, 08:02 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,022,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
they voted for AMERICA first and now are cheering trump on as he expands a 15 year old war.
17 year old war according to Trump.

Old 08-21-2017, 08:02 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I was just thinking "what has happened to democracy in America?". There are various unscientific polls going on at this moment and all of them are running 80% against any more troops in Afghanistan. Is no one listening to US? Who says we are not united? We are united on this. We don't want any more of this war.
You may be tired of the war. The enemy isn't. They still gather and plot to kill us. Sitting on the couch smoking pot and eating potato chips won't stop them.

Old 08-21-2017, 08:03 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,445,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
Watch, you won't hear a word about the Russia story for a while because Trump has shown he is willing to play ball on the Big Agenda items. When he bombed Syria the Russia story went away for the first time in a long time, only to come back when he started to show signs of acting independently again. The trumped up Russia collusion story is what the deep state, or the establishment or whatever you want to call them use to keep Trump in check. Do what we say or we'll turn the heat up again. Who knows what Mueller could find? Maybe something...maybe nothing. Stick with the program and maybe we can make it go away.
I disagree with your reasons..but i agree with your conclusion..Trump is a broken man..powerless and well on his way to becoming the lapdog of the DC power brokers.

Old 08-21-2017, 08:04 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,626,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
Dunno about all that--as you know..I've never liked Trump..but he could have at least kept his promises.

He's flailing..and i suspect he's just taking advice randomly--Generals are good at sounding confident..it's part of their repertoire. Had he walked away from the war..it would be a disaster--if he stays it will be a disaster--there is no clear win..for Trump. But he could have made the decision that his voters agreed with..and kept that much integrity.
Hey, make no mistake, I am not happy at all that we are still wasting out time over there. I do not support his descision at all. Bu the fact that he held long meetings with his Generals to come to this conclusion (witch again i do not agree with) shows that he is taking the issue seriously and not just doing what he wants to keep a promise.

Old 08-21-2017, 08:04 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,704,020 times
What's new? Trying, but never succeeding.

Old 08-21-2017, 08:05 PM

5,481 posts, read 8,578,205 times
I'm a Trump supporter but I absolute disagree with continuing the fight in Afghanistan. Pull out and secure our borders. Worry about what goes on in this country and do everything in your power to make sure they dont reach these shores.

Old 08-21-2017, 08:05 PM

30,371 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Now at least 2 areas where Trump and I part....hope I'm wrong on this one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies