Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who has your support the most
Trump is my guy. 15 65.22%
Bannon represents the true values of the alt/right...I'll stick with him 4 17.39%
I'll support both..no matter how far apart they get 4 17.39%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2017, 03:03 PM

1,816 posts, read 1,149,982 times

Advertisements

As a candidate he was firmly opposed to adding more troops to Afghanistan as well as doing nation building there or in any foreign country - remember America First?

Well, informed sources have it, that he is considering an additional deployment of troops up to perhaps 5,000 or more, to shore up existing forces. Yet another example of turning a campaign promise on it's head and converting it to another promise not kept, at best, or at worst (my choice) the continuation of his propensity to lie.

BTW does anyone think this is smart, if after 15 years we have nothing to show for our efforts there, but thousands of precious lives lost and billions drained from our treasury and adding to our bulging deficit?

Maybe Donny will surprise me and not do this, but I doubt it, since getting out now, would make him feel like a loser and we all know how he feels about that - don't we.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2017, 03:10 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,460,508 times
What the heck? Trump is going to telegraph to the world and to ISIS and the Taliban what our plans are in Afghanistan - the same thing he criticized Obama for.

Old 08-20-2017, 03:18 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,094,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
As a candidate he was firmly opposed to adding more troops to Afghanistan as well as doing nation building there or in any foreign country - remember America First?

Well, informed sources have it, that he is considering an additional deployment of troops up to perhaps 5,000 or more, to shore up existing forces. Yet another example of turning a campaign promise on it's head and converting it to another promise not kept, at best, or at worst (my choice) the continuation of his propensity to lie.

BTW does anyone think this is smart, if after 15 years we have nothing to show for our efforts there, but thousands of precious lives lost and billions drained from our treasury and adding to our bulging deficit?

Maybe Donny will surprise me and not do this, but I doubt it, since getting out now, would make him feel like a loser and we all know how he feels about that - don't we.
The warhawks on both the right, and left have been pushing Trump to send US troops to Syria, and adding more troops in Afghanistan, to this point he has resisted.

Remember that Trump just ending the clandestine operations to fund, and arm radicals in Syria.

Things are pretty bad when you dems need to try to make a big deal about something so unimportant.

Hows that Russian conspircy theory going, over a year and still not a single shred of evidence.

Old 08-20-2017, 03:20 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,584,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post

I heard him condemn war. I also heard him profess to love it.

Guess which story I believed.

Old 08-20-2017, 03:48 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,363,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
The warhawks on both the right, and left have been pushing Trump to send US troops to Syria, and adding more troops in Afghanistan, to this point he has resisted.

Remember that Trump just ending the clandestine operations to fund, and arm radicals in Syria.

Things are pretty bad when you dems need to try to make a big deal about something so unimportant.
The possibility of putting 5,000 more Americans in harm's way to continue another asinine war of no benefit to the US is unimportant?

just

Quote:
Hows that Russian conspircy theory going, over a year and still not a single shred of evidence.

Your evidence of that would be WHAT? Or do you suffer the mistaken belief that investigators comment on active investigations?

Old 08-20-2017, 03:49 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,363,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post

Neither?

Old 08-20-2017, 03:52 PM

566 posts, read 503,594 times
Don said no need for nato, now he loves it... losing my vote if ukraine is added.

Old 08-20-2017, 03:53 PM

3,519 posts, read 2,821,048 times
Quote:

It would seem to be important to one of the 5000 along with their family and friends.

Old 08-20-2017, 03:56 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,492,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Neither?
Lol. Guess which one trump believes. Neither.

Old 08-20-2017, 04:01 PM

1,816 posts, read 1,149,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post

Listening to my Generals is going to take him and us over the cliff and lead to endless and needless wars. The chief beneficiary will be China as they are eating our lunch economically and will replace us as the leading economic power sooner rather than later.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies