Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 06:17 AM

5,546 posts, read 10,003,203 times

Advertisements

What a conundrum. Will the repubs on this board now reverse their stance and have to start giving him the stamp of approval since he's become one of them? And what will the liberals do?

Moreover and OMG, what will Fox News do? How will they be able to complain about him anymore?

I think it's time for some posters on here to change their little status settings...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2011, 06:20 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,733,310 times
Barry is a marxist, not a Republican.

Old 07-22-2011, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Barry is a marxist, not a Republican.
If you actually look at what he is doing right now, he is doing nothing more than carrying on Bush's policies. He is going against democratic ideals. He's become a republican, IOW.

I know it's hard for you all to accept, but he is actually one of you now. You'll have to stop the anti Obama threads you repubs. BTW, here is a description of marxism:

http://www.allaboutphilosophy.org/wh...arxism-faq.htm

Old 07-22-2011, 06:35 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
If you actually look at what he is doing right now, he is doing nothing more than carrying on Bush's policies. He is going against democratic ideals. He's become a republican, IOW.

I know it's hard for you all to accept, but he is actually one of you now. You'll have to stop the anti Obama threads you repubs. BTW, here is a description of marxism:

What is Marxism
No, he's not Republican.
He may not be your Democrat anymore, but he's not Republican else the right would be in love with him.

The only Republican that I've seen defend him is warmonger McCain who is drooling at the mouth that we're bombing 3 countries without Congressional approval.

Old 07-22-2011, 06:38 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,946,153 times
The reality of the situation is, Republican is Democrat, Democrat is Republican, down is up, and up is down in this world. You know that old expression two wings of the same bird? Well, think of both of the parties like two wings of the same fighter jet and you'll start to get a clearer picture

Old 07-22-2011, 06:41 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,154,196 times
Did Obama just learn that the republicans freed the slaves?

Old 07-22-2011, 06:42 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
In the end..both D and R are being manipulated by the same power structure.
The man behind the curtain is pulling both strings here.

We lose no matter who is in office.

Old 07-22-2011, 06:44 AM

Ok, continuation of the wars, continuation of Guantanamo, discussing no tax hikes for the rich and cuts to medicare and SS today with a republican, going against his own party which is fuming, in bed with the banksters and Wall Street and now big pharma and in agreement with bailing them out, ignoring the 99ers (as in no more benefits for them)...What differentiates him from a republican?

Old 07-22-2011, 06:44 AM

5,391 posts, read 7,232,888 times
Quote:
What a conundrum. Will the repubs on this board now reverse their stance and have to start giving him the stamp of approval since he's become one of them? And what will the liberals do?

Moreover and OMG, what will Fox News do? How will they be able to complain about him anymore?

I think it's time for some posters on here to change their little status settings...
Forget about it - as you see in the first reply, they'll just keep repeating things like "Marxist", "most liberal ever" etc., because they are parrots who never let reality get in the way of a good squawk.

The Republicans have played a successful game during Obama's presidency - by digging in their heels, they've gotten Obama to shift more and more right. Obama can't just dictate what he wants done, regardless of how many Righties claim he's a dictator, he has to get both parties in government to work things out if anything is to get done. I know a lot of Dems have openly wished that Obama would "twist arms like LBJ did," but in this political climate, I think the Repubs are of one mind to say "so what?" if he did try that. The only way to get Democratic presidents to act more liberally is to elect more liberal Congress members.

Old 07-22-2011, 06:46 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,946,153 times
Quote:
Ok, continuation of the wars, continuation of Guantanamo, discussing no tax hikes for the rich and cuts to medicare and SS today with a republican, going against his own party which is fuming, in bed with the banksters and Wall Street and now big pharma and in agreement with bailing them out, ignoring the 99ers (as in no more benefits for them)...What differentiates him from a republican?
Misty, I ask myself the same thing. They are the same damn party no matter how you slice it. There is no such thing as Democrat good, Republican bad or Republican good, Democrat bad. They are going to continue the same crap no matter their party label. That's why the MSM is pushing Romney so bad because when Obama has to pass the mantel, they want to make sure the establishment puts in a copy of Obama in the White House. They are also making Perry their backup in case Romney doesn't make it through the primary. That's why I'm putting my weight behind Ron Paul because I fell for the pretty words and eloquent speeches Obama made in 2008, but not anymore. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

Democrats love war and are just as anti-freedom as the Republicans
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies