Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2017, 09:57 AM

52,708 posts, read 34,643,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
You know a lot of ignorant people. This is what is so dangerous about the path the left is choosing to take America down. First they establish that it is OK to be violent against people with certain beliefs. In this case white supremacy, white nationalism, neo Nazi beliefs. Not a lot of sympathy for those folks. Next, expand the definition of these terms to include anyone you disagree with. Include any sort of general racism in to the mix(and everyone's a racist, right?) and in the case of white nationalism, drop the white and just call it nationalism. Now just about anyone you disagree with falls in to the group that you are allowed to be violent towards. Very dangerous.

Many of these people you are choosing to lump in with klansmen and Nazis are not people you want as your enemies in a violent conflict. It's pretty safe to pick on little white girls and hooded klansmen and yes the media will absolve you of all blame when it all hits the fan but that won't get you far when it is your blood spilling on to the sidewalk.

I suppose you can't expect people who want to erase history to actually learn from history.
very good summary.
+1.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2017, 09:57 AM

7,473 posts, read 4,027,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post
As I posted above, that is not an example of irony.

Let me illustrate irony for you, using your arguments:

You assert:

So, safe spaces are necessary and beneficial to young black intellectuals. But, young black intellectuals do not understand the concept of personal space?

Would you agree that an individual's personal space should be safe?

If yes, then those HU students violated the high school student's personal safe space when they battered her and stole her hat.

There's the irony!

Very good explanation...........

Old 08-22-2017, 09:59 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,402,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
Awesome job of what, exactly? Race-baiting?
No, awesome job of using Alinsky's Rules for Radicals against folks who embrace Alinsky.

Did you read those tweets by HU and the NAACP?

They are insane, illogical, racist, immoral musings.

That's what you do when you're correct: you force the enemy to play by its own rules because your stance is the moral, logical one.

These girls knew what they were doing. I do agree they probably had help from adults to put the plan in motion.

Old 08-22-2017, 10:01 AM

2,768 posts, read 1,587,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Again, the girls were not harmed and she was not "battered." The hat also was not "stolen." It was snatched off her head and one of the people in her group gave it back to her. It is interesting how many of you characterize a non-violent incident as violent.
You are wrong.

When the girl's hat was stolen from her, she was battered.

Battery - the intentional offensive or harmful touching of another person without their consent. Under this general definition, a battery offense requires all of the following:

intentional touching;
the touching must be harmful or offensive;
no consent from the victim.

Touching the person of someone is defined as including not only contacts with the body, but also with anything closely connected with the body, such as clothing or an item carried in the person's hand. For example, a battery may be committed by intentionally knocking a hat off someone's head or knocking a glass out of some-one's hand.

Old 08-22-2017, 10:03 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,846,198 times
Quote:
Words can definitely satisfy one of the elements of assault. I did not state that the girls were assaulted. I said that they may have been assaulted. Yes, words alone are usually insufficient to constitute an assault. However, the girls stated that the HU students were aggressively berating them, and indeed at least one of the girls was battered when her hat was stolen (battery is the intentional offensive or harmful touching of another person without the person's consent).

The types of acts that fall into the category of assaults can vary considerably, but usually an assault requires an overt or direct act that would put the reasonable person in fear for her safety. Spoken words alone will not be enough of an act to constitute an assault unless the offender backs them up with an act or actions that put the victim in reasonable fear of imminent harm. Actually, given a battery occurred, it seems very likely that an assault also occurred.

I'm not going to argue about taking this to court.

I'm just trying to make you and others understand that you do not have the right to assault, batter, or commit theft against another who peacefully expresses his/her political opinion.

How is this even an issue of debate?
Now you say they have not been assaulted, can you also admit that battery was not committed upon them....Knocking a hat off someone's head is not "harmful touching" the girls were not harmed....

Words do not constitute an assault. As stated, my nephew is a very small minority of black students at his school. He has had worse said to him than these girls on a day by day basis. He's also had things knocked out of his hands. Hispanic students at his school have been followed with chants of "build that wall" all day during and following Trump's inauguration.

None of those are assaults. When you visit a place you should be respectful of that place. These girls were not respectful of HU and they sought to provoke a negative response from black college students. The response they received was very tame compared to what IMO they thought they would get.

4,178 posts, read 2,654,081 times
Quote:
You are wrong.

Battery - the intentional offensive or harmful touching of another person without their consent. Under this general definition, a battery offense requires all of the following:

intentional touching;

Touching the person of someone is defined as including not only contacts with the body, but also with anything closely connected with the body, such as clothing or an item carried in the person's hand. For example, a battery may be committed by intentionally knocking a hat off someone's head or knocking a glass out of some-one's hand.
Idk residing, I'm usually on your side, but in this case I gotta agree with Salmon. You can't go around taking hats off people for things you don't like. Either keep it moving, say it's "offensive", or just keep quiet and let them be.

But when you actually get physical, even as much as taking the hats off, that's too much, IMO.

These are 20 year old kids doing this to teenage girls. That's a problem.

3,987 posts, read 2,118,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Yeah, they were naive enough to think that students at Howard could actually act like civilized human beings. How stupid of them!
Correct, they should have known better. Being naive is very dangerous in todays America.

36,853 posts, read 17,402,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Well if you don't claim your "oppressed" you don't need their government programs to help you. Their purpose goes away. How mean of you!
I'm a lowly dark-skinned ghetto kid.

You should have seen the look on the government's face when I didn't come running to the door as it held up a leash asking me if I wanted to go for a walk.

Old 08-22-2017, 10:04 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,846,198 times
Quote:
You are wrong.

intentional touching;

See above.

They were not harmed. Knocking a hat off is not harmful touching.

Old 08-22-2017, 10:04 AM

2,768 posts, read 1,587,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
...my argument is that the girls should know better...
Well, this is like blaming a women who got raped because she was wearing "inappropriate" clothing. The woman should have known better?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies