Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2017, 04:18 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,804,457 times

Advertisements

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ntino-fashion/

These people really don't get it, do they? These are the people that coal miners and people on the assembly line think give a rat's ass about them? Read Linton ' s reply to a comment.

Old 08-22-2017, 05:25 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,454,917 times
Jeff Bezo's WaPo pumping out the fake news/spin .

All she said was it was a nice day and mentioned what she was wearing .

Big deal .

Why do you think someone can't be rich and enjoy nice things and still care about coal miners or sick kids etc ?

Seems like the people posting nasty comments were just jealous .

I guess a family with a net worth of about $300 million should wear rags just to "prove a point"

But even if she wore rags and flew spirit airlines the lefties would find some ridiculous and petty thing to criticize her on .
Just pure jealous and envy .

Old 08-22-2017, 05:46 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,804,457 times
What was all that about her service to this country? Please. Some of you will never admit you were conned into thinking a guy who pees into a gold plated toilet and his cronies care anything about the plight of working class Americans.

Old 08-22-2017, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
What was all that about her service to this country? Please. Some of you will never admit you were conned into thinking a guy who pees into a gold plated toilet and his cronies care anything about the plight of working class Americans.
Working in government and service to the country as secretary of the treasury . Someone like him doesn't need the job . He could make a lot more money if he just focused on business .
Similar to Trump . On the other hand the Clintons and Obamas were enriched by their government work and it made them wealthy.
I have more respect for those that make their money in business / private sector .

Speaking of plight of working class Americans , I didn't really see Obama do much for them .
His "hometown" Chicago is a good example.

The Dems today also care nothing for working class Americans . I mean this is why Hillary lost big time .
A prime example is open borders where working class Americans need to compete with illegals for jobs .

No doubt if we didn't have the huge number of illegal aliens things would be better for working Americans .

Bill Clinton NAFTA policies also devastated working class Americans sending jobs outside the country .
List goes on .

The globalists are the ones that don't care about the working class .

Old 08-22-2017, 06:34 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,839,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post

They bought it hook, line, and sinker. Trumpees are very childlike in their understanding of reality. They actually believe that this rich guy, who has never done one damn thing for anyone else in his entire life, and who s***s on people who do work for him by not paying them, suddenly becomes this wonderful, caring human being who is out to make THEIR lives better.

Leopards do not change their spots, and corrupt people do not change what is embedded in their DNA. Trump has, and always will be, out to line his own pockets, not those coal miners who he used to get elected. Those miners , and all the others, were ripe for the picking, and he knew it.

Old 08-22-2017, 06:46 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,839,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Working in government and service to the country as secretary of the treasury . Someone like him doesn't need the job . He could make a lot more money if he just focused on business .
Similar to Trump . On the other hand the Clintons and Obamas were enriched by their government work and it made them wealthy.
I have more respect for those that make their money in business / private sector .

Speaking of plight of working class Americans , I didn't really see Obama do much for them .
His "hometown" Chicago is a good example.

The Dems today also care nothing for working class Americans . I mean this is why Hillary lost big time .
A prime example is open borders where working class Americans need to compete with illegals for jobs .

No doubt if we didn't have the huge number of illegal aliens things would be better for working Americans .

Bill Clinton NAFTA policies also devastated working class Americans sending jobs outside the country .
List goes on .

The globalists are the ones that don't care about the working class .
Ok, JM, you raise some interesting points.........let's look at them:

No, someone like him doesn't "need" this job, but he took it, and the main reason is EGO, and FUTURE BENEFITS. His resume will be enriched and his worth just became a lot higher because of holding this position.

If you think Donald Trump hasn't , and will not continue, to make a Hell of a lot more money out of his being President than as a real estate guy, you really don't know anything. This gig is the cherry on his sundae, and it will elevate his stature and income potential now, and for years to come. He is raking it in right now, feeding off of his position.

As for Obama "not doing much for working class Americans", you must have been out of the country during the 2008 time period. Let me bring you up to date. The economy was in the toilet, businesses were closing day by day, people were losing homes, cars, and marriages because they were losing their jobs. Obama, and Obama alone, turned that around through hard work and the fact he DID CARE.

And, as for that little bit about "Americans competing with illegals for jobs", are you headed out to the fields today to pick fruit ? Are you going to the local hotel to do housekeeping ? Are you going to work 12 hours today mowing lawns and doing landscaping ? NO, you are NOT ! Those illegals are not taking your job, they are taking jobs YOU and I do not want to do. THAT, my friend, is the reality of the illegal situation, not your made up fantasy.

Old 08-22-2017, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Ok, JM, you raise some interesting points.........let's look at them:

No, someone like him doesn't "need" this job, but he took it, and the main reason is EGO, and FUTURE BENEFITS. His resume will be enriched and his worth just became a lot higher because of holding this position.

If you think Donald Trump hasn't , and will not continue, to make a Hell of a lot more money out of his being President than as a real estate guy, you really don't know anything. This gig is the cherry on his sundae, and it will elevate his stature and income potential now, and for years to come. He is raking it in right now, feeding off of his position.

As for Obama "not doing much for working class Americans", you must have been out of the country during the 2008 time period. Let me bring you up to date. The economy was in the toilet, businesses were closing day by day, people were losing homes, cars, and marriages because they were losing their jobs. Obama, and Obama alone, turned that around through hard work and the fact he DID CARE.

And, as for that little bit about "Americans competing with illegals for jobs", are you headed out to the fields today to pick fruit ? Are you going to the local hotel to do housekeeping ? Are you going to work 12 hours today mowing lawns and doing landscaping ? NO, you are NOT ! Those illegals are not taking your job, they are taking jobs YOU and I do not want to do. THAT, my friend, is the reality of the illegal situation, not your made up fantasy.
Trump will make more money even with all the liberals that hate him and call him Hitler 2.0 boycotting his products? We will see . He'll be about 78 when he is done with his second term so maybe he'll want to settle down a bit .

The wealthy did a lot better than the working poor under Obama.
Also things are cyclical in the economy . A lot of people did lose their homes too and are making a lot less now than they did previously.

Illegals do more jobs than picking in fields and mowing lawns etc . Many of them in la actually run their own businesses too. Whether you or I would want or need to do the job is irrelevant but their are Americans that do want and need those jobs .
I'd rather have an American doing such jobs versus them being on welfare, wouldn't you ?

Old 08-22-2017, 07:31 AM

1,137 posts, read 1,345,506 times
She crossed the line with her fashion hashtags. When you are on a government trip it's not about advertising private companies.
Her response makes me think she is a stuck up snob.
People like her are clueless about the working class.

Old 08-22-2017, 07:35 AM

192 posts, read 131,106 times
Who cares what Obama did or did not do. What is Trump doing for you?

Old 08-22-2017, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuartGotts View Post
She crossed the line with her fashion hashtags. When you are on a government trip it's not about advertising private companies.
Her response makes me think she is a stuck up snob.
People like her are clueless about the working class.
If Michelle Obama posted the same exact thing all Dems would say what great taste she has . wow how glamorous!
"America's most beautiful woman !"

She wore designer clothing too . Does that mean she is clueless about the working class too ?

She should of worn hand me downs and Kmart clearance dresses ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies