Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2017, 07:55 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,658,266 times

Advertisements

Oh FFS - are you people really this stupid???

Report: ESPN switches announcer named Robert Lee off of U.Va. football game | College Football | richmond.com

ESPN Pulls a Sports Reporter Named Robert Lee From Announcing a UVA Football Game | MRCTV

Former Siena radio announcer pulled off ESPN assignment — because of his name - Sports Media

You don't believe something? Get off your lazy asses and do an online search instead of denying its validity over and over. You look like dummies when you do that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2017, 07:58 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,409,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Oh FFS - are you people really this stupid???

Report: ESPN switches announcer named Robert Lee off of U.Va. football game | College Football | richmond.com

ESPN Pulls a Sports Reporter Named Robert Lee From Announcing a UVA Football Game | MRCTV

Former Siena radio announcer pulled off ESPN assignment — because of his name - Sports Media

You don't believe something? Get off your lazy asses and do an online search instead of denying its validity over and over. You look like dummies when you do that.
Yeah, us minorities are suppose to be the lazy ones!

Old 08-22-2017, 07:58 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
The statement was released directly to the person who inquired about the change of broadcasters. It was not made public.

Sure, he could have made it up but so many sources have picked up on it I doubt it.
Those 'so many sources' are pretty much exclusively right wing propaganda rags that peddle nonsense on a regular basis. And they're all referencing some blog that hasn't backed up its claims.

It might be true, but I'm going to be skeptical until I see either an official statement straight from ESPN or confirmation in media sources that have a reputation for checking their stories and providing factual information.

Old 08-22-2017, 08:00 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,409,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Those 'so many sources' are pretty much exclusively right wing propaganda rags that peddle nonsense on a regular basis. And they're all referencing some blog that hasn't backed up its claims.

It might be true, but I'm going to be skeptical until I see either an official statement straight from ESPN or confirmation in media sources that have a reputation for checking their stories and providing factual information.
Whatever floats your boat.

And if hell freezes over I'm guessing CNN may post a blurb about it.

Old 08-22-2017, 08:02 PM

587 posts, read 564,833 times
Quote:
No it isn't. The Times (the right wing junk rag, not the Post) just says it came from some blog called Outkick the Coverage. Where can I go to get the statement directly from the source, ESPN?

Here's another link for you, ESPN released the statement directly to the reporter

https://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/es.../22/id/809177/

Quote:
Travis said he spoke with a senior ESPN employee who said the changes was not a mandate or demand from the company, but "a people first decision and that assignments are switched all the time."

Old 08-22-2017, 08:06 PM

5,078 posts, read 2,290,349 times
Quote:

Sounds like ESPN will have to publicly confirm. I very much doubt that these organizations would have published the story without getting Clay Travis to verify the info he got from ESPN, but you never know. In any case, if you want to see a glorious compilation of facepalm gifs and other "Are you kidding me?" memes, check out Travis' Twitter. Hysterical.

Old 08-22-2017, 08:06 PM

17,478 posts, read 9,305,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Almost unbelievable but true story!

How To Know You’re In a Mass Hysteria Bubble

A mass hysteria happens when the public gets a wrong idea about something that has strong emotional content and it triggers cognitive dissonance that is often supported by confirmation bias. In other words, people spontaneously hallucinate a whole new (and usually crazy-sounding) reality and believe they see plenty of evidence for it.

There are no words anymore to explain how they have all gone totally bonkers.
The Mass Hysteria of the Left has consumed them.

These are the Nutters that think they can convince the American people to put them in charge of the US Government. It's gone beyond ridiculous.

Old 08-22-2017, 09:09 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,402,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
This has to be the last straw. It just has to be.

And they moved him to the Youngstown State - Piitsburgh game.

As an alumnus of YSU I'm going to protest. They put the racist Asian Civil War general on my game!
I'm guessing you'll be in a good mood after the game. I don't think Robert Lee will be the only one who is upset.

Old 08-22-2017, 09:28 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,402,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roevsspade View Post
Not the world, just the wacko United States.
No, it's far worse in the UK.

Old 08-22-2017, 09:34 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,287,761 times
I do believe we should get used to things like this. A lot more is coming in the years ahead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies