Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2017, 01:51 PM

24,409 posts, read 26,980,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
I have yet to meet a liberal who thought the country was in "ruins."

There are, however, many liberals who think the Presidency is in ruin. The presidency is not synonymous with the country.
I've certainly met them. I also met a lot who think Trump brought the rise of the KKK, he didn't, you can google all their previous marches in 2016, 2015, 2014 etc. Some even had violent clashes with death tolls. The media doesn't want you to know that though. They want you to think they came out of decades of hiding now that Trump is in power.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2017, 01:52 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,030,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
A really good thing that came out of it was Trump showed his base still loves him. He put on a pedestal local politicians who still support Trump and made his base love them too, while mentioning many times they would have passed healthcare if it wasn't for that 1 person (McCain)... that sends a powerful message.

A republican doesn't care if a popular democrat slams him because their supporters aren't going to vote for him or her anyways. However, when a popular republican slams another republican, you better believe that is going to come into effect next election.

More Republicans slamming Trump.

Trump has been rude to McCain before and called him a loser. If that's what the base needs to get their kicks -- have it. Will do NOTHING to sway the independent voters.

Old 08-23-2017, 01:52 PM

20,872 posts, read 9,550,882 times
Quote:
I've certainly met them. I also met a lot who think Trump brought the rise of the KKK, he didn't, you can google all their previous marches in 2016, 2015, 2014 etc. Some even had violent clashes with death tolls. The media doesn't want you to know that though. They want you to think they came out of decades of hiding now that Trump is in power.
Please, spare me. Everybody knows there have been KKK rallies going back more than a hundred years. You're making that up just to try to support your point, but you're only deluding yourself.

Old 08-23-2017, 01:56 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,030,238 times
Quote:
The kkk and other white supremacist groups have said a number of times that Trump being voted in has given them a bigger voice.

David Duke: Trump win a great victory for 'our people' - POLITICO

Old 08-23-2017, 01:56 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times
A see a Harvard study showing a president performing poorly during his first 100 days in office.

Old 08-23-2017, 01:57 PM

24,409 posts, read 26,980,377 times
A bigger voice because before Trump the liberal media didnt care to cover groups like the KKK

Old 08-23-2017, 03:09 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,022,039 times
Quote:
I think things are slightly better than when Obama was in office, but nonetheless, I didn't think there was anything really wrong during Obama either.

Yet if you watch the mainstream news, you'd think our country is...

-Experiencing the aftermath of nuclear war
-The economy has collapsed
-The stock market has collapsed
-It's not safe to interact with someone of a different race

...honestly, nothing has got worse since Trump took over in everyday life, some things are even doing better like our economy and stock market and consumer confidence. The fact that Liberals who watch CNN think our country is now in ruins, is proof enough that the mainstream media is so manipulative, deceiving, fake and just out right disgusting!

They make it act like the KKK has never held a rally until Trump, just look on google, they have had multiple rallies, some turning violent every year. It didn't just start with Trump, but oh boy does the media want to make you think it has!
it sounds like you're falling for exactly what you're trying to be against.

I don't subscribe to this fake news bonanza. Maybe I don't watch enough of it, but I don't see the world is falling anywhere. I don't know any crying liberals, people who think the KKK is back in full force or any of that crap. People on the left who are the opposite of the Tea Party is for conservatives are usually the minority, but often the minority screams the loudest.

if you recognize that you tend to just not acknowledge that non-sense.

i mean, you posted a link claiming it was about media bias and it wasn't.

Old 08-23-2017, 03:12 PM

2,940 posts, read 1,814,255 times
Quote:
During Trump's first 100 days...

Fox News had 52% negative / 48% positive coverage of Trump

CNN / NBC had 93% negative / 7% positive coverage of Trump

---

Trump's accusation about the mainstream media seems to be true #FakeNews

In my opinion, it is delegitimizing the mainstream media, specifically CNN/NBC

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/05/19/trum...ity-study.html
So the obvious question is... where does Trump's political positions lie on the actual political spectrum? He's just about as conservative as Cruz or Paul.

You think he's centrist? You'd be kidding yourself. That's when I call your post, political bias.

Old 08-23-2017, 03:16 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,446,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
The kkk and other white supremacist groups have said a number of times that Trump being voted in has given them a bigger voice.

David Duke: Trump win a great victory for 'our people' - POLITICO
They may think they have a bigger voice, but that doesn't mean more people are listening to them.

Old 08-23-2017, 03:17 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,446,248 times
Quote:
A bigger voice because before Trump the liberal media didnt care to cover groups like the KKK
Right, and the only reason the media cares now is they see it as just another tool to delegitimize Trump's administration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies