Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2017, 07:25 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,558,302 times

Advertisements

A new poll from Quinnipiac University found that most Americans believe that President Donald Trump is doing more to divide the country than to unite it.
Fifty-nine percent of voters said they believe Trump is encouraging white supremacist groups, and 64% believe such groups pose a threat to the country, according to the poll.

More than half of voters, 55%, said that there is too much prejudice in American society, while 40% said there is too much “political correctness.” Eighty-one percent responded that prejudice against minority groups is either “very serious” or “somewhat serious,” and 62% said the same of prejudice toward Jews.
Half of voters oppose removing Confederate statues from public spaces, while 39% support it, Quinnipiac reports, with support much higher (67%) among black voters.

Poll: Most Americans Believe Donald Trump Is Dividing the Country

I have to agree for no other reason then what I see here on this forum. I've seen more discourse in this part of the forum then I have when Obama was in office. Same with Clinton I've seen my share of poo throwing but this is just plain crazy.

And let's be honest it's just getting worse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2017, 07:28 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,111,806 times
Division in the country is not Trumps fault

It is the rioting liberals and their excuse and support of groups like BLM and Antifa

Old 08-23-2017, 07:33 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,101,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Do idiom in the country is lot Trumps fault

It is the rioting liberals and their excuse and support of groups like BLM and Antifa
Donald Trump literally just held a rally in Arizona so he could complain about the senators from Arizona.

Believing Trump is dividing the country does not mean you believe he's the only one dividing the country. But this deflection suggests that you're unwilling to admit that a man who calls his political opponents "haters and losers" is doing little to bring people together. Which is odd. It's kind of like denying the sky exists.

Old 08-23-2017, 07:34 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,685,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
A new poll from Quinnipiac University found that most Americans believe that President Donald Trump is doing more to divide the country than to unite it.
Fifty-nine percent of voters said they believe Trump is encouraging white supremacist groups, and 64% believe such groups pose a threat to the country, according to the poll.

More than half of voters, 55%, said that there is too much prejudice in American society, while 40% said there is too much “political correctness.” Eighty-one percent responded that prejudice against minority groups is either “very serious” or “somewhat serious,” and 62% said the same of prejudice toward Jews.
Half of voters oppose removing Confederate statues from public spaces, while 39% support it, Quinnipiac reports, with support much higher (67%) among black voters.

I have to agree for no other reason then what I see here on this forum. I've seen more discourse in this part of the forum then I have when Obama was in office. Same with Clinton I've seen my share of poo throwing but this is just plain crazy.

Lets be honest its just more :c rying:

Old 08-23-2017, 07:36 PM

27,218 posts, read 46,796,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post

More than half of voters, 55%, said that there is too much prejudice in American society, while 40% said there is too much “political correctness.†Eighty-one percent responded that prejudice against minority groups is either “very serious†or “somewhat serious,†and 62% said the same of prejudice toward Jews.

Another poll

Thanks for sharing this funny thread.

14,489 posts, read 6,111,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
Donald Trump literally just held a rally in Arizona so he could complain about the senators from Arizona.

Believing Trump is dividing the country does not mean you believe he's the only one dividing the country. But this deflection suggests that you're unwilling to admit that a man who calls his political opponents "haters and losers" is doing little to bring people together. Which is odd. It's kind of like denying the sky exists.

Complaining about establishment politicians like McCain is why Trump won his nomination and the presidency

121 posts, read 133,000 times
Doing daily things to provoke a whole party and part of the party he is part of... That is not presidential. He is targeting the american citizens and the elected politicians. It'd be one thing if Trump was very calm in his attacks towards his enemies, but he goes at them relentlessly. That is, point blank, non presidential. None of the other candidates from the republican party would have divided this country like Trump is, even though some of them are even more conservative than Trump.

Old 08-23-2017, 07:38 PM

1,207 posts, read 1,284,654 times
Quote:

No point in reasoning with individuals that point the blame at Antifa while ignoring the fact that Trump spent over an hour lambasting both Arizona senators in Arizona, calling himself the victim of Charlottesville when a woman actually died, childishly calling out people who he's smarter than for, and promising to pardon a man in the very state that the voters kicked him out of.

Trump is clearly dividing the country. You're either on his side or you're not. Look at all the people who were once his friends. Sad!

Old 08-23-2017, 07:38 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,352,714 times
Quote:

Fake news! It's all Obama and the lefts fault!

Old 08-23-2017, 07:39 PM

21,170 posts, read 19,774,934 times
Donald Trump has condemned white supremacy more than Barrack Obama did.

...so Barrack Obama must be racist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies