Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: TRUMP SUPPORTERS ONLY - Do you want Congress to include funding to build the wall?
YES 81 62.79%
NO 48 37.21%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2017, 04:51 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,957,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
This poll is meant for TRUMP SUPPORTERS ONLY, but I know all the Liberals here will vote no, so just be aware of that...

Double the YES VOTE to get a more accurate picture because we know Liberals here will vote no.

---

I personally want Congress to act and provide funding, it's a small percentage of the overall budget, it will help secure our border, help lessen drugs flowing into our country, help lessen illegal immigration... all of which we spend a ton of money on... the savings would pay for it alone in time.
You could have put in that we can see who voted, would that have been too easy? Oh, maybe someone should Define the wall before too many vote. Are you talking about one continuous wall from Texas to California, or one where there is a wall is some areas and fencing and security in others? Makes a Huge difference in cost, which obviously would ALL have to pay for hence why your limiting those that can vote is not actually fair or balanced. Just saying. Not a trumping, so not voting, so do not assume you can double a vote on my behalf.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2017, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
Walls are like deadbolts on a house... If someone wants in bad enough they will find a way in... Its what we do with them once they get in that matters more.
Correct. I am not against security but a border long wall is ludicrous and massively expensive. Go after those that hire them, and do not supply services other than emergency medical needs, if charities want to that is their business.

Old 08-24-2017, 05:07 PM

63,001 posts, read 29,203,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
I didn't vote Trump in 2016, but will in 2020. I don't want them to fund the wall. Illegal immigration is down 87% since Trump took office, why bother?

Because who knows what the future holds. If the Democrats get back in office they will promise again amnesty and the flow will pick up again. They aren't likely to tear down a wall already built.

Old 08-24-2017, 05:08 PM

63,001 posts, read 29,203,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
You guys believe in your leader then let him fund it. No need to get the money from average working people. He knows a lot of big political donors. They can come up with some money I'm sure. I wonder how much this man has ever done for anyone but himself.

And you anti-wall people can fund the $113 billion a year that illegals cost us. Deal?

Old 08-24-2017, 05:11 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,780,473 times
I don't care about the wall, but I want employers and schools to check for immigration status. Plus ICE to do more reinforcement, unlike under Obama administration.

Old 08-24-2017, 05:13 PM

15,651 posts, read 10,410,318 times
Estimated total cost to build the wall: $10 billion.

10 years ago, the estimated annual cost to taxpayers for illegal aliens: 100 billion

Illegal Immigrants Cost U.S. $100 Billion per Year, Conservative Group Says About Illegal Immigration - ABC News

Wall sounds like a taxpayer bargain.

Old 08-24-2017, 05:16 PM

5,731 posts, read 2,198,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
I don't care about the wall, but I want employers and schools to check for immigration status. Plus ICE to do more reinforcement, unlike under Obama administration.
The problem with that is once a dem like obama gets back in it can all be undone. A border barrier is more permanent. Bc once it's up, the Dems can't take it down bc it will have support

Old 08-24-2017, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Estimated total cost to build the wall: $10 billion.

10 years ago, the estimated annual cost to taxpayers for illegal aliens: 100 billion

Illegal Immigrants Cost U.S. $100 Billion per Year, Conservative Group Says About Illegal Immigration - ABC News

Wall sounds like a taxpayer bargain.
Actually there are no real hard numbers on what they cost, there are a lot of variables most do not come any where near your figure above:
Cost of Illegal Immigrants - FactCheck.org

Or

The Fiscal Cost of Unlawful Immigrants and Amnesty to the U.S. Taxpayer | The Heritage Foundation

As you see the numbers vary dramatically and about every "study" has a different set of numbers. That said they do cost the US tax payers lots of money, and why getting a green card should be a vetting system and once vetted renewal should be simple, cheap, and quick and more should be issued, which is obvious since most are working here. Then they pay into the system for what they take, instead of just paying sales and other various taxes which do not in themselves cover those costs. Face it folks we need immigrants working here, Americans do not even want the jobs many of them do so the taking away our jobs is nonsense for the most part. Just get them Documented and the problems is solved for the most part.

Old 08-24-2017, 06:09 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,244,182 times
Build it with my tax dollars.

Obama tried to get me to pay for other people's healthcare which I so far have avoided.

Old 08-24-2017, 06:27 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,449,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
I actually want the Mexican Drug Cartels to pay for the wall (since they have plenty of drug money )... ...but if the U.S. wants to pay for it, then pay for it and send a bill to Mexico.
I really don't think the majority of people in this country want to pay tens of billions for a wall. A wall that our President said would cost us nothing.

Now he wants to shut down the govt.? Not that he can, of course. He does not have that power--and if some in congress try..they'll get shot down. I kinda hope they try..because every time the extreme right fails..it's a nail in their political coffin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies