Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: TRUMP SUPPORTERS ONLY - Do you want Congress to include funding to build the wall?
YES 81 62.79%
NO 48 37.21%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2017, 08:33 AM

62,959 posts, read 29,141,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
What is the matter with you people? You are all immigrants, or descendants of immigrants....So many broken promises....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfxBs5y5eIo

The topic isn't "immigrants", it's illegal aliens. Learn to know the difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2017, 08:41 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
We need that wall in case in the far future democrats will ever be in charge again.

Just to safe our loved ones against enemies of all kinds. Enemies who steal and rob us and people who want to do more harm.

I'm from Europe and ever since there were open orders the disaster started to grow.
A friend of mine from Europe told me the same thing about 2 years ago. He said they used the same tactics as liberals are doing here. If anyone dare speak out against open borders you were called a Nazi. Obviously calling everyone racist here didn't work so now they are also calling anyone who disagrees a Nazi too.

Old 08-25-2017, 09:18 AM

4,668 posts, read 3,899,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Wrong! When it's proven that an employer "knowingly" hired illegal aliens they haven't just gotten a slap on the wrist. The problem is that since e-verify is not mandated across the board and illegal aliens produce such authentic looking fake documents it isn't easy to tell. It is usually the personnel dept. that hires them anyway and sometimes they know it and sometimes they don't.

It is a priority with Trump. E-verify is in his 2018 budget. Know what you are talking about before spouting off. Here, chomp on this for awhile.

https://amac.us/dems-block-gop-bills...al-immigrants/
That's not true. A restaurant near me got shut down earlier this year for using illegal labor. The owners are currently in court.

How will the government enforce E-verify?. Most illegal employees are already off the books or are self employed.

Old 08-25-2017, 09:42 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
A friend of mine from Europe told me the same thing about 2 years ago. He said they used the same tactics as liberals are doing here. If anyone dare speak out against open borders you were called a Nazi. Obviously calling everyone racist here didn't work so now they are also calling anyone who disagrees a Nazi too.
That is strange because Europe does not have open borders

And neither does the US of course.

Old 08-25-2017, 11:33 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,140,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattks View Post
That's not true. A restaurant near me got shut down earlier this year for using illegal labor. The owners are currently in court.

How will the government enforce E-verify?. Most illegal employees are already off the books or are self employed.
Back in 2007 ICE raided a company close to my house: 81 Illegal Immigrants Arrested in Monroe County - WFMZ. To the best of my knowledge nobody was ever fined or went to jail. Supposedly the company did not know they were illegal; they were brought in by an employment agency and I don't recall if that investigation went anyplace. I know that the feds were having a hard time locating the agency.

By the way; the company is still there. One of the local outrages was that the company was given nine million, of County funds, to retool and help create jobs in our area - then they went out and hired the illegals!

Old 08-25-2017, 02:36 PM

33,543 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
The topic isn't "immigrants", it's illegal aliens. Learn to know the difference.
No, the point is that you have, and continue to be lied to....Mexico is NOT paying for any wall, you are...It's a waste of money no matter who pays for that "beautiful wall".

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...dd7cb4f586.jpg

Old 08-25-2017, 02:56 PM

Quote:
No, the point is that you have, and continue to be lied to....Mexico is NOT paying for any wall, you are...It's a waste of money no matter who pays for that "beautiful wall".

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...dd7cb4f586.jpg

Oh stop with this! It's not a lie until it doesn't happen and even at that it wouldn't be a lie but an over reach on Trump's part. With his plan he thinks he can do it so where's the lie? I didn't vote for him based on him saying that Mexico will pay for the wall. It is needed and he is attempting to get it built.

How many times do I have to post the links denoting how the good walls already erected on our border in smaller sections are very effective before you guys stop repeating yourself over and over? "Polly wanna a cracker"? I don't mind paying for the wall if I have to as it's much cheaper than the $113 billion a year that illegals cost us. It's not Trump's wall anyway. Congress already approved it back in 2006. You rabid, foaming that the mouth, anti-Trumps need to get a grip!

Old 08-25-2017, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattks View Post

What's not true? You yourself just gave an example of when it's proven that an employer "knowingly" hired illegal aliens they are prosecuted for it. Look up for yourself how e-verify works and how it's enforced. The problem is that most businesses aren't using e-verify right now. Do you mind posting a link to back up your claims that most illegals are working off the books? It's a well known fact that many of them are working with fake or stolen SS numbers. E-verify across the board will force all employers to use it.

Old 08-25-2017, 03:08 PM

33,543 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Oh stop with this! It's not a lie until it doesn't happen and even at that it wouldn't be a lie but an over reach on Trump's part. With his plan he thinks he can do it so where's the lie? I didn't vote for him based on him saying that Mexico will pay for the wall. It is needed and he is attempting to get it built.

How many times do I have to post the links denoting how the good walls already erected on our border in smaller sections are very effective before you guys stop repeating yourself over and over? "Polly wanna a cracker"? I don't mind paying for the wall if I have to as it's much cheaper than the $113 billion a year that illegals cost us. It's not Trump's wall anyway. Congress already approved it back in 2006. You rabid, foaming that the mouth, anti-Trumps need to get a grip!
How in the hell is this NOT a lie?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nVLpEEy2uU

Old 08-25-2017, 03:15 PM

Quote:
How in the hell is this NOT a lie?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nVLpEEy2uU

It's not and I already explained why not in my prior post. Get off it already. You guys are getting more desperate and ridiculous all the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies