Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Texas get federal clean-up funds?
Yes, it's the right thing to do 126 87.50%
No, they should practice what they preach 18 12.50%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2017, 09:22 AM

39,083 posts, read 51,266,875 times

Advertisements

I am seeing few reports of damage, a couple street signs down, some power lines but that is all CNN can find, it seems. No flooding of consequence. It's coming, it's coming! Sure it is. This looks like another weather event over-hyped by the media.

Old 08-26-2017, 09:24 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,633,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I am seeing few reports of damage, a couple street signs down, some power lines but that is all CNN can find, it seems. No flooding of consequence. It's coming, it's coming! Sure it is. This looks like another weather event over-hyped by the media.
The national weather service has thankfully downgraded it to cat 1

Old 08-26-2017, 09:42 AM

30,459 posts, read 21,309,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
Just be glad you have a job? If Houston is anything like Dallas employers cant find enough employees to fill the needs of the economy.

Lets not attempt to turn this political.
What does having a job have to do with politics mick?

Old 08-26-2017, 09:47 AM

4,851 posts, read 2,288,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
What does having a job have to do with politics mick?

What does making a comment about be thankful you have a job have to do with a thread talking about a hurricane? Especially one in a political forum ?

Now, maybe you are currently unemployed and are just expressing a personal opinion about your own situation, and if so my statement was in error. Many here in the political forum take every opportunity to gig the other side even in non political threads.

Old 08-26-2017, 09:52 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,817,470 times
This storm has created a nearly biblical flood in south Texas. Let us hope that the Donald just lets the local and Federal relief agencies do their jobs. Anything else would just increase the damage.

Old 08-26-2017, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
What does making a comment about be thankful you have a job have to do with a thread talking about a hurricane? Especially one in a political forum ?
I don't ever think Politics mick, i never even voted in my life. Just that some cry about working weekends so i said he should be happy he has a job bob. Not sure why you are harping about it. I am a weather person and can't care less about politics since it is a joke anyways. I don't need to work kirk, as i was left with a few million.

Old 08-26-2017, 09:53 AM
JRR

8,166 posts, read 5,672,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Originally Posted by job bluth
My thoughts and prayers are with everyone in Texas who isn't a Trump supporter.

Well?

Is this what the left are proud of?

You created a sociopath monster... own it!

Sorry, "Troll" is like a reward! This person is disgusting! IT should crawl back under the rock called home!

Not sure you're correct this time. Hurricanes NEED water to feed their power. I would wage a years earnings (not much (sigh)) this one will fizzle out in 24-36 hours.

By tomorrow night it'll be called a "tropical storm
"
I hope you are right about fizzling out. Official forecast is for wind gusts of 60 mph 24 hours out and gusts of 50 mph 36 hours out, as it drifts around the same area. From my experience of living in Florida for many years, tropical storm winds can take down trees when the ground is saturated; doesn't take hurricane force winds to do it.

Old 08-26-2017, 09:53 AM

4,851 posts, read 2,288,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
I don't ever think Politics mick, i never even voted in my life. Just that some cry about working weekends so i said he should be happy he has a job bob. Not sure why you are harping about it. I am a weather person and can't care less about politics since it is a joke anyways.

You are posting in a political forum. But as I amended my last post to say, maybe it was just a personal opinion not intended to be a political jab. If so, then I acknowledge my mistake.

Old 08-26-2017, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
I hope you are right about fizzling out. Official forecast is for wind gusts of 60 mph 24 hours out and gusts of 50 mph 36 hours out, as it drifts around the same area. From my experience of living in Florida for many years, tropical storm winds can take down trees when the ground is saturated; doesn't take hurricane force winds to do it.
When a stronger storm weakens the core winds spread out more. This was a small core system with the strongest winds close to the center of the storm like Charlie was in 04.

Old 08-26-2017, 09:56 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,178,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Oh man, that has to have her rattled. Is she alone? Hopefully not.

So after the hurricane heads out you're still looking at heavy rain and flooding? I would be freaking out having to live in areas that had that kind of weather - but I suppose you just buck up and do what you have to do to get through it.

Glad it's been light for you, though. Maybe Mom should have headed to your house!
Her and her sister are together. Just saw on the news that the neighborhood near her got hit really hard.

She's Texas tough, she's not intimidated by anything.

Yes, parts of Houston are flooded, but for the most part, we're ok. The worst, supposededly, is yet to come.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies