Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Texas get federal clean-up funds?
Yes, it's the right thing to do 126 87.50%
No, they should practice what they preach 18 12.50%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2017, 11:22 PM

21,478 posts, read 10,579,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
It's going to impact the area horribly. God have mercy. They just saying there was no mandatory evacuation. My nephew and his 8 mo pg wife in Houston. He's north west of the DT area, hope they will be ok. She has lots of family there so, that makes me feel little better. But the next few days. Man,,,
Hopefully she doesn't have her baby early and you end up with a little Harvey in the family. That would suck being pregnant in the storm. I saw some Facebook posts on a story about the 34th anniversary of Hurricane Alicia a few days ago, and there was a woman named Alicia talking to her mom about being born during the hurricane and her mom was already going to name her Alicia after her grandmother. Kind of funny, but the mom was talking about how there was no power in the hospital except a few lights from generators, and how scared and miserable she was. I'm sure it was a skeleton crew too.

Old 08-25-2017, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Thanks for revealing you have no heart

You do not represent American values, not a bit!

Anyone proud of this poster?
He has 16 posts. I'd say he is a troll.

Old 08-25-2017, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Reputable link? One that supports what I bolded?
I lived in TX at the time and there was much discussion about it, I don't recall anything like the above.
That's the cynic in me that believes politicians are calculating, and I could see someone who rode in on the Tea Party wave believing that this would help in his bid for president. He miscalculated, badly.

Old 08-26-2017, 12:11 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,626,569 times
Warning to the people of Texas! If the Clintons come around and promise to help with hurricane relief..JUST SAY NO!!

Old 08-26-2017, 12:14 AM

1,235 posts, read 732,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
How can we stop those dam congressmen from voting or voting the way we don' like.
There must be a way and there is, vote them out.
Did YOU cast a ballot for them?

Old 08-26-2017, 12:14 AM
JRR

8,166 posts, read 5,662,692 times
Quote:
Fortunately, when these hurricanes hit land they die... usually within 12-24 hours.
This one is a horse of a different color. The projection is wind gusts of 75 mph 24 hours out and 60 mph 72 hours out.

Old 08-26-2017, 12:19 AM

3,615 posts, read 2,331,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Texas has always been a political joke. Texans always talk big but their economic fate ebbs and flows on oil. Without that they would be irrelevant
Quote:
Originally Posted by job bluth View Post
Without crude oil, they'd be the desert version of Alabama.
The intellectuals are out tonight, texas has the 10th largest economy in the world, usually second or third largest number of fortune 500 companies in the country and not all energy, At&t, American airlines, Southwest airlines,dell, texas instruments etc.

If anything this storm could devastate you guys, half the countries refineries are on the gulf coast and many of them in the path of the storm. Gas prices have already gone up 15 cents around here, can you imagine catastrophic damage to refineries. if gas prices went up your profits from jobs delivering pizzas. or driving uber or the ice cream truck would be devastated.

Any dreams your parents had of you leaving the basement and getting your own place would be shattered

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Texas has declared more disasters than any other state over that past 65 years.
That a pretty pointless stat unless it mentions the amount of money received by the federal governmet from texas. I just looked up this stat and all I found was a rather stupid article blasting rick perry by the far left mother jones magazine stating texas received all of $3.45 billion to Texas during 8 years of rick perrys rule, that is just a little over 1% of tax money Texas citizens and corporation pay in revenue to the federal government each year. The writer didnt even mention the enormous amount of revenue the federal government gets from Texas

Personally I pay taxes in texas and I dont want to see large disaster relief without fundamental changes in zoning cities to prevent alot of this flooding and damage, texas is the only state with a completely independent power grid, it shouldnt have to rely on the federal government disaster relief and keep more if its money at home to deal with hurricanes etc

Last edited by floridanative10; 08-26-2017 at 01:30 AM..

Old 08-26-2017, 01:04 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Originally Posted by job bluth
My thoughts and prayers are with everyone in Texas who isn't a Trump supporter.

Quote:
Thanks for revealing you have no heart

You do not represent American values, not a bit!

Anyone proud of this poster?

Well?

Is this what the left are proud of?

You created a sociopath monster... own it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
He has 16 posts. I'd say he is a troll.
Sorry, "Troll" is like a reward! This person is disgusting! IT should crawl back under the rock called home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
This one is a horse of a different color. The projection is wind gusts of 75 mph 24 hours out and 60 mph 72 hours out.
Not sure you're correct this time. Hurricanes NEED water to feed their power. I would wage a years earnings (not much (sigh)) this one will fizzle out in 24-36 hours.

By tomorrow night it'll be called a "tropical storm"

Last edited by steven_h; 08-26-2017 at 01:14 AM..

Old 08-26-2017, 01:05 AM

3,615 posts, read 2,331,782 times
Alot of these poster create new accounts every day, total cowards

Old 08-26-2017, 01:28 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,668,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
How can we stop those dam congressmen from voting or voting the way we don' like.
There must be a way and there is, vote them out.
What do you mean we???I like the way they vote .Sometimes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies