Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2017, 08:47 AM

981 posts, read 899,886 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Red pill alert.

Respectability is not politics, but part of civilization. All persons seek it and need it to attain and maintain status in any given society.

Speaking as a male, vaccum sounds interesting and perhaps sort of fun, but it has little to do with history, let alone the topic at hand.

And speaking of the 'world view' of many race-obsessed individuals, those loathed white middle class Christian values you detest are actually mild and tolerant. When that so-called 'base' is gone, no one will put up with the Kaepernicks of the world; the I-am-a-millionaire-oh-I-am-oppressed, poor oppressed me won't be tolerated by the successors of the loathed white middle class. All humans have suffered historically and they don't want to hear the hysterics of some (yes, hysterics).

Many of us are of very poor, often recent, and typically uneducated immigrant stock, you know, persons who were "shut out" of education. We are here and don't want to hear hysterics.
I agree. I find it so frustrating to hear education, respectability, safety, having a career and family as associated with "white values". Aren't these values that are associated with the type of society that humans want, regardless of color and race? I know plenty of non - white people that have and want these things.

Old 08-27-2017, 09:38 AM

2,096 posts, read 2,326,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Sitting quiety is not distracting at all. Lots of people sit out the national anthem for various reasons. It is onlt a "distraction" because the media wants to point it out as radical behavior.

I think beating your wife / girlfriend is a distraction. Same with attempting murder. Sitting quietly - not something I'd notice.
Sitting out the national anthem is definitely something people notice, therefore a possible distraction. The guy isn't "participating" in "americas song" basically.

Old 08-27-2017, 12:22 PM

24,407 posts, read 26,956,157 times
He just wants attention because he is a horrible QB. If he never sat down Liberals wouldnt be screaming for a team to hire him for top dollar. Because he hates America liberals are rallying to support him to get a huge contract.

Old 08-27-2017, 12:28 PM

628 posts, read 695,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
A team would have to be a complete bunch of idiots to hire Kap. He cares more about being an activist than improving his spotty at best QB skills.

We do stupid things when we are young!

A team has hired him!
Moving on...

Old 08-27-2017, 12:39 PM

882 posts, read 688,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaJoy View Post

We do stupid things when we are young!

A team has hired him!
Moving on...
?

Who hired him?

I must have missed that sports headline.

Old 08-27-2017, 01:31 PM

629 posts, read 619,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Sitting quiety is not distracting at all. Lots of people sit out the national anthem for various reasons. It is onlt a "distraction" because the media wants to point it out as radical behavior.

I think beating your wife / girlfriend is a distraction. Same with attempting murder. Sitting quietly - not something I'd notice.
When people stopped paying attention he basically demanded it by wearing his pig-cop socks. The guy is an attention ***** and even if he played as an unpaid volunteer he would only have a negative impact on any team he is on. Stop making him out to be a saint that is trying to make a difference. You obviously have decided to believe something that simply isn't true. I'm sorry to say this, but some people can't be reasoned with...

Old 08-27-2017, 01:35 PM

1,803 posts, read 1,240,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSR13 View Post
And I agree 100%. Although Brown doesn't state it outright, it's strongly implied in his verbiage. Kaep is also somewhat immature. As a Niners fan, I didn't want him replacing Alex Smith because my first impression of Kaepernick was that he didn't have it between the ears to be a first-string NFL QB. He fooled me with his running ability until he kept trying ill-advised floaters to Crabtree in the corner of the end zone with the season on the line two years in a row.

Some choice comments from Brown:

"I'm going to give you the real deal: I'm an American. I don't desecrate my flag and my national anthem. I'm not gonna do anything against the flag and national anthem. I'm going to work within those situations. But this is my country, and I'll work out the problems, but I'll do it in an intelligent manner."

"Football is commercial. You have owners. You have fans. And you want to honor that if you're making that kind of money. ..."You have to understand there's intelligence that's involved, OK? I can't be two things at once that contradict each other. If I sign for money, then the people I sign with, they have rules and regulations."

Former NFL running back Jim Brown discusses Colin Kaepernick, civil rights activism

Yes, Colin, the cops are out of control. But it's not due to racism it's due to the training they get from the IDF over in Israel. And btw BLM is funded by George Soros, who doesn't give a damn about black people.

But this is what happens when you have a one-read QB with an identity crisis trying to change a world he doesn't understand: an ensuing of hilarity.
Yup , Brown is right.

I worry what this country will look like 40 years from now when voices of reason are gone and the snowflake generation and their offspring are the majority.

Old 08-27-2017, 05:33 PM

2,096 posts, read 2,326,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking View Post
?

Who hired him?

I must have missed that sports headline.
Nobody has, not sure what he's talking about

Old 08-27-2017, 06:39 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klaucka View Post
I agree. I find it so frustrating to hear education, respectability, safety, having a career and family as associated with "white values". Aren't these values that are associated with the type of society that humans want, regardless of color and race? I know plenty of non - white people that have and want these things.
That is not what is meant by the phrase "respectability politics." https://www.theroot.com/the-definiti...-po-1790854699

Respectability politics means that the only people who can be at the front lines of protests / civil rights movements / etc have to be "respectable" aka perfect or their voice doesn't matter. The faces of the Civil Rights movement were specifically chosen so if someone decided to dig up their past nothing would show up. This meant silencing poorer, less educated, gay and all other voices that didn't present as attractive, well dressed (according to the norms of middle class white people) well educated, and middle class.

So basically, Kaep doesn't get to talk because he is the wrong "face."

Old 08-27-2017, 06:44 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alliance View Post
When people stopped paying attention he basically demanded it by wearing his pig-cop socks. The guy is an attention ***** and even if he played as an unpaid volunteer he would only have a negative impact on any team he is on. Stop making him out to be a saint that is trying to make a difference. You obviously have decided to believe something that simply isn't true. I'm sorry to say this, but some people can't be reasoned with...
I don't think Kaep is a "saint" but I do think the NFL is being hypocritical and should be called on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies