Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2017, 05:12 PM

15,637 posts, read 10,393,078 times

Advertisements

Sarsour is an anti-Semitic, Muslim terrorists supporting, vile person. Did Colin convert to Islam?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2017, 05:12 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,300,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
He sucks, that is why he is not playing. There are many players kneeling, and they are playing.

No one is going to sign a player that sucks. I assure everyone if Brady was doing the same thing, he will still be playing.

Sarsour? She is a joke, and the Dems and everyone would be best to distant themselves from her.
He is not being signed at this point because some owners feel he is not good enough to chance a distraction. Kap is still better then the starters for at least six teams.

NFL execs admit Kaepernick is better than these 6 starters | New York Post

As far as current players protesting that are on rosters, the owners have no choice. Since there are no specific rules pertaining to National Anthems in the leagues "Collective Bargaining Agreement", owners can not discipline or cut players for doing so.

Speaking of Brady, it is rumored in the Boston area that if the Pats trade Jimmy Garoppolo, Kap may very well become Bradys back-up. Also rumors now floating in Philly the Eagles being interested in Kap. His unemployment status may or may not end very soon.

Old 08-27-2017, 05:15 PM

1,532 posts, read 1,061,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The problem is people are NOT going to quit watching. They will claim they will on Facebook but they will still be in front of their televisions every Sunday.
I beg your pardon, but this person quit. I find it difficult to believe I am alone in this. Whether or not enough people write in and/or quit to make a difference, I don't know. I do know that some people mean what they say.

Old 08-27-2017, 05:28 PM

52,268 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusano View Post
I beg your pardon, but this person quit. I find it difficult to believe I am alone in this. Whether or not enough people write in and/or quit to make a difference, I don't know. I do know that some people mean what they say.
Agreed. This guy decided to exercise his option.

You know what, the owners of the other teams can exercise their option to not pick up him.

Some dumbass from the NAACP was on Tuckers show basically crying racism because CK doesn't have a job. Tucker was trying to tell him that 70 percent of the league is black. He was hired as a black man.

I'm struggling to find the reason why the NAACP is mouthing off on this issue.

Old 08-27-2017, 06:01 PM

1,532 posts, read 1,061,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Agreed. This guy decided to exercise his option.

You know what, the owners of the other teams can exercise their option to not pick up him.

Some dumbass from the NAACP was on Tuckers show basically crying racism because CK doesn't have a job. Tucker was trying to tell him that 70 percent of the league is black. He was hired as a black man.

I'm struggling to find the reason why the NAACP is mouthing off on this issue.
If Mr Kaepernick is hired just to shut all these different groups up, it will be a rather hollow "victory" I would think.

Old 08-27-2017, 06:09 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,121,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Donald Trump being elected proves core partisan voters don't have a problem electing someone on the fringe. Case in point, we have a known racist occupying the white house..

Personally, I stand with Kaepernick. As a pro athlete Kaepernick is using his platform to highlight injustices...
Everyone's a racist----you people wore the word out. And you made a mistake. Kaepernick isn't a pro athlete.
He'll be working the drive-thru window at Popeye's.

Old 08-27-2017, 07:06 PM

3,615 posts, read 2,331,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Everyone's a racist----you people wore the word out. And you made a mistake. Kaepernick isn't a pro athlete.
Probably should be chick- fil -a . Kaepernick and chick- fil- a employees have a lot in common this year , neither will be working on Sundays.

Old 08-27-2017, 08:11 PM

11,252 posts, read 11,028,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
He is not being signed at this point because some owners feel he is not good enough to chance a distraction. Kap is still better then the starters for at least six teams.
LOL! I didn't realize most of those players were starters! I was thinking Tyrod Taylor would be one of the six in the article. Once again, LOL!

Old 08-27-2017, 09:52 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,134,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Not with 30 plus million in earnings. I'm pretty sure he'll be just fine financially. That said, the biggest critics of Kaepernick are the white supremacists and their supporters. He defiantly ruffled some feathers..

Old 08-27-2017, 10:22 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,822,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post

NFL execs admit Kaepernick is better than these 6 starters | New York Post

As far as current players protesting that are on rosters, the owners have no choice. Since there are no specific rules pertaining to National Anthems in the leagues "Collective Bargaining Agreement", owners can not discipline or cut players for doing so.

Speaking of Brady, it is rumored in the Boston area that if the Pats trade Jimmy Garoppolo, Kap may very well become Bradys back-up. Also rumors now floating in Philly the Eagles being interested in Kap. His unemployment status may or may not end very soon.
No, that is going by soft stats, and by "execs", and taking into his account his league stats, not recent. Hell, Peyton looks great going by that, despite having one of the worst years in QB history his last year at Denver, and a championship ring at that.

He though certainly not the worse, is not the best, and it is more than stats, it is also team fit as in does his style fit what the HC and OC have in mind. Even the best QB will not be wanted if he does not fit the offensive style.

All in all, his 2016 season was a disaster, it was his Ryan Leak year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Not with 30 plus million in earnings. I'm pretty sure he'll be just fine financially. That said, the biggest critics of Kaepernick are the white supremacists and their supporters. He defiantly ruffled some feathers..
I criticize him because bringing advocacy and politics into sports is stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies