Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2017, 05:50 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,620,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Really? This from the people who said he had no chance of ever being elected?
Trump won the election. He isn't winning anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2017, 06:02 PM

956 posts, read 1,207,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
And this is the thought process of the Right.

The example was Obama could do something good, and Trump would undo it, out of spite. Your response is Trump could do something good but won't, out of spite.

This is why Conservatives haven't been able to turn their legislative wins into actual policy wins. Liberals have already staked out all the best positions, and Conservatives would rather suffer than support the Left by passing liberal policies.
Exactly. The right thinks I don't care if I continue to suffer, but if I can make those liberals in the cities suffer it's a huge WIN.

Old 08-26-2017, 06:23 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,638,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
It's going to backfire on him. As more and more people are negatively affected by the undoing, they are viewing Obama in a far more positive light than they did when he was in office. Trump may be the greatest thing that ever happened to Obama's legacy.
ageed. Obama is looking better everyday Chump is in office. Even Bush looks better, sure he two massive mistakes, but it least he was not spreading hate internally. I even voted for bush.

Old 08-26-2017, 06:49 PM

8,695 posts, read 11,084,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
You Trumpers are consistent when talking about the left. Wash, rinse and repeat.

It amazes me a lot of you voted for Trump just to see liberal's heads spin. Who cares about policies and the betterment of the country as long as liberals are angry and crying.
FYI, I voted democrat more than republican in the past.

The system is messed up. The Dems need to get their act together. As they said, they need some serious soul searching after last November. Instead, they double down on the old guards like Warren. Wrong move to get the next generation of voters.

Old 08-26-2017, 09:22 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,334,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Then again Trump could cure cancer and the left would give Obama credit for it. Then claim the cure was racist.
Trump couldn't cure ham, let alone cancer.
Trump is a moron.
On the other hand he IS smarter than the deplorables who voted for him - which isn't saying much.

Ken

Old 08-26-2017, 09:27 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,334,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I always consider the source when I see threads like this, and posts like yours.

Trump is doing just fine. Of course, you're an OFA volunteer, right? As for your comment about Trump being stupid, he is by no means stupid. Look where he is. Did he get there because he is stupid? Oh, wait ...stupid "rural" Americans put him there, right?

Did you vote for Obama ...twice? Who's stupid?

I consider people like you as "enemies of the State." You are anti-American.
Trump got where he is because he's blatantly dishonest and simply told idiot voters what they wanted to hear.

Ken

Old 08-26-2017, 10:08 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,229,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirtiger View Post
FYI, I voted democrat more than republican in the past.

The system is messed up. The Dems need to get their act together. As they said, they need some serious soul searching after last November. Instead, they double down on the old guards like Warren. Wrong move to get the next generation of voters.
The 2 party system needs to be broken, period. We have more choice for diet soda than we do a person to represent the populace.

Old 08-26-2017, 10:14 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,229,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Trump got where he is because he's blatantly dishonest and simply told idiot voters what they wanted to hear.

Ken
Exactly. He pandered to the lowest common denominator, used fear and scare tactics to appeal to people's emotions and some folks really bought into it, hook line and sinker.

Old 08-27-2017, 02:18 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,849,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
I've been suggesting this action by congress, ever since the election. The only roadblock is that the Republicans would have to act in a civil manner towards the Democrats and give them a reasonable number of concessions, for their cooperation. They don't need the arch-conservatives and groups like the "Freedom Caucus" to be involved at all, if they form a bi-partisan coalition. With the Democrats involved, all those extreme obstructionist elements can be kicked to the curb.

With the exception of Mitch McConnell, and without Trump, I believe the majority would work fine with the Dems.

Old 08-27-2017, 02:22 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,849,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Seeing an alleged adult so pathetically needy he made up phone calls praising himself was prime time comedy both funny and sad.

Sure is just one of HUNDREDS of examples of his mental AND character flaws!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies