Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2017, 08:05 PM

3,458 posts, read 1,455,322 times

Advertisements

Ignoring him is our only option really. Despite the hoopla he's right next to SK, and Japan. Nobody can touch him. That's why this war is still going on. It's like a terrorist sitting right next to your mother and sister strapped and ready. Sure, he can tickle them, pinch them, do whatever to them but kill them. He's just a terrorist. He terrorises several countries and U.S. is a favorite.

He sort of has us over a barrel. China plays the largest roll here as the terrorists mom. We should ignore him because China will slap him down if he goes too far. That's what we've always done, and will continue to do because we have no real choice.

I personally wish we could snipe him but we don't have that option.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2017, 08:06 PM

21,023 posts, read 27,249,611 times
North Korea's increased testing, frequency, and distances of its missiles and bombs are scary. If any of their weapons strikes the United States, a military response would follow. A fear would be North Korea having allies to respond to a counterattack.

Old 09-03-2017, 09:27 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,537,016 times
This is my fear. SKorea will get blasted if the U.S does anything. I've said it before Steve even brought it up. I believe just ignore Kim Jong Un. Just ignore his belligerent talk. He won't do anything else if we just ignore him.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/s...212515113.html

Steve Bannon was right.

Before leaving his job as a strategic adviser to President Donald Trump on Aug. 18, Bannon said in a defiant interview that “there’s no military solution [to North Korea]. Until somebody solves the part of the equation that shows me that 10 million people in Seoul don’t die in the first 30 minutes … there’s no military solution here, they got us.”

Old 09-03-2017, 09:32 PM

574 posts, read 382,791 times
For many years now we've ignored North Korea, and all of the sudden it's an issue.. It was an issue before, but we just chose to be ignorant with the issue. Now it's time to solve it, as it can't go on much longer obviously

Old 09-03-2017, 10:00 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,227,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSeligman View Post
For many years now we've ignored North Korea, and all of the sudden it's an issue.. It was an issue before, but we just chose to be ignorant with the issue. Now it's time to solve it, as it can't go on much longer obviously
Pah-lease....don't you think if people wanted something to be done, they would have done it already?

It's nothing more than a pissing contest. To start a war with NK is senseless and would become a quagmire, just like crap in the ME.

Old 09-03-2017, 10:35 PM

2,956 posts, read 2,342,936 times
There is nothing to be done. Let them attack someone first or leave them alone.

Our allies have far more to lose than anyone else out of confrontation. There is no reason what so ever to get involved over there militarily unless NK actually attacks. Shooting test missiles into the ocean isn't a reason to start a war in Korea. Much less with a nuclear capable nation.

We need to get over the idea that we can control what other nations do and that we can force other countries to do our bidding. We act like we are under attack, that we've been suffering from constant invasions and occupations. You folks are nuts with how quickly you'd send other people's kids to die in Asia, yet again.

Old 09-04-2017, 04:01 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I think our option will be to bomb that missile site. The problem will be NK's response.
If it was just one missile site bombed and the problem is over sure but there would be other missile sites that would target our allies in the area,that would be the response,tens of millions dead.

Old 09-04-2017, 04:51 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,265,634 times
Here's what I fear about the entire situation. Fat boy continues his tests. One of the tests goes wrong and sends a missile crashing into S Korea or Japan or Guam.

Now what?

Old 09-04-2017, 05:52 AM

30,433 posts, read 21,255,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Here's what I fear about the entire situation. Fat boy continues his tests. One of the tests goes wrong and sends a missile crashing into S Korea or Japan or Guam.

Now what?
He F's up and bombs a country we turn em to glass or gas the whole country. We would be well rid of them and remove a few million people from the planet.

Old 09-04-2017, 07:48 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I think our option will be to bomb that missile site. The problem will be NK's response.
There is not "a" missile" site, there are several and they are spread out in hidden, no way to really hit them all and that would be all it would take for Millions to die. NK does not need the ICB's to destroy Soul, they have enough Arty to lay waste to the Capital and there would not be much we could do to prevent that. Fighting in Korea is an ugly business, the terrain itself makes it a killing zone, and the arms on both sides are well armed and trained, it would be nothing like what went down in the ME, not a place one wants to fight, and then there are the Chinese to consider. Better to come up with a diplomatic solution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies