Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 12:46 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times

Advertisements

Every time I close CD I run across a news item that sends me right back to share the joy, lol.
SEOUL (Reuters) - North Korea accused the United States on Thursday of planning a nuclear attack in a report which came as Secretary of State Hillary Clinton flew to Seoul for talks on defusing Pyongyang's military threat.

It was the latest in increasingly angry rhetoric by the reclusive state, which earlier in the day said it was ready for war with South Korea.

"The U.S. bellicose quarters are pushing ahead with the moves for rounding off the preparations ... in a bid to make a pre-emptive nuclear strike," the North's official media said.
The prickly North, which has repeatedly threatened in recent weeks to reduce the South to ashes, is thought to be readying its longest-range missile -- which could reach U.S. territory -- for launch in what analysts say is a bid to grab the new U.S. administration's attention and put pressure on Seoul.
Are they serious, or just looking for attention (money)? Can Hillary calm these crazy folks down?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2009, 12:49 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
Time to call in a few favors from Peking. I hope the Kim Ill Madman is only looking for equal attention.

Old 02-19-2009, 12:51 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,607,468 times
North Korea is ready for war? So what else is new?

Old 02-19-2009, 12:51 PM

In related news that may shed a little light on Hillary's style of diplomatic speaking,

Clinton sees possible North Korea power struggle | International | Reuters

Old 02-19-2009, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
North Korea is ready for war? So what else is new?
Cant believe in this day and age they still spend their money on space programs and long-range missiles while their people starve - then bang on their high chair for more money to keep doing the same thing. Crazy man crazy.

Old 02-19-2009, 12:55 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,863,294 times
Wow, all these serious world events going on and prancy legs boy wonder obama is jetting around the U.S. and Canada making speeches and needing cheers. Maybe he could get to work?????

Old 02-19-2009, 12:56 PM

2,370 posts, read 7,761,797 times
He needs resources that South Korea offers, like...oh...food for his people. We look to be in a weakened state with a 2 front war and an economy in the dumps. We look pretty obviously in no condition to really threaten NK with anything BUT a nuclear strike. Makes sense to me that if I was a crazy dictator needing new resources, this would be the time to make a move and SK is the only target worth looking at. China won't do anything. They only stand to gain in global terms if we cannot contain this threat to our ally. China will give some lip service but in the end I expect only token measures from them.

Old 02-19-2009, 12:56 PM

773 posts, read 1,215,434 times
Dr no strikes again, it's just another attempt to extort money out of Americans in order for him to behave. Don't put to much emphasis on North Korea bizarre antics. Behind the scenes, China has made it very clear that they won't tolerate aggressive action against its largest trading partner.
the U.S.
Hillary is there speaking with South Korean and and Chinese officials just to make sure that forced economic reunification in this down cycle won't send millions of North Koreans flooding into South Korea which couldn't cope with a refugee crisis on this scale, anymore than California and the border states in the U.S could handle a massive influx of Mexican refugees in a civil war.

Old 02-19-2009, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Wow, all these serious world events going on and prancy legs boy wonder obama is jetting around the U.S. and Canada making speeches and needing cheers. Maybe he could get to work?????
What a peculiar point of view.

Old 02-19-2009, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
I dont see a current thread echoing this same sentiment so I'll put this reminder here. From the Christian Science Monitor, "In office 30 days and President Obama has already devised a stimulus package, a bank bailout, and now a mortgage rescue. Like Franklin D. Roosevelt, he has put government's shoulder into a falling economy."

So...he has been showing up for work, and yet you all continue to pretend he's slacking off, cruising around in Air Force One, partying wherever he can find a party (like Canada in February).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies