Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2017, 06:52 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,815,515 times

Advertisements

My thoughts? I do not care if there is a ladies night, but I also do not care if there are men and women only clubs and other one sex only things.

Old 08-29-2017, 08:44 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,496,850 times
Well the guy could have gone full Lib and put on a dress and wig and forget to shave and say it's ladies night right? I identify as a lady... did you just assume my gender!

Old 08-30-2017, 06:46 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Women have been waging these fights for years. Why is it "silly" for a man to do it?

Women have fought for equal rights to participate in male only establishments like memberships or entry to clubs and organizations, universities, the military. This is not the same situation. Men are not excluded they are only allowing one night where women do not pay the range fee.

Ladies night is actually a win/win/win, or thats the premise. Let the ladies in free, ladies attract gentlemen so enter gentlemen. Women get in free, men get women, business owner gets more business. I dont see the harm but perhaps the business should start a gentlemans night just to be equal and fair.

Old 08-30-2017, 07:06 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Seems like a good start to fight for actual gender equality. Maybe the person threatening the suit will expand it to include sexist establishments that only cater to women. Say women-only gyms/workout facilities https://www.curves.com/sign-up?Refer...ZOiBoCaF_w_wcB.

Old 08-30-2017, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Seems like a good start to fight for actual gender equality. Maybe the person threatening the suit will expand it to include sexist establishments that only cater to women. Say women-only gyms/workout facilities https://www.curves.com/sign-up?Refer...ZOiBoCaF_w_wcB.
Then whats the fuss with the bathrooms? We should have all neutral bathrooms, locker rooms, dorms sports teams, dress codes, etc.
Can we be grown up and practice equal rights and opportunities while maintaining our identities?

The truth is women are often still intimidated by men in certain areas. Perhaps we can be rid of physical and sexual intimidation, assault, rape? Truthfully I believe both men and women are more comfortable in some aspects of their lives being with their own gender and I believe we all need to man/woman up let each other have our spaces. We can do this and still maintain equality.

Old 08-30-2017, 08:45 AM

5,993 posts, read 3,733,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Women have fought for equal rights to participate in male only establishments like memberships or entry to clubs and organizations, universities, the military. This is not the same situation. Men are not excluded they are only allowing one night where women do not pay the range fee.

Ladies night is actually a win/win/win, or thats the premise. Let the ladies in free, ladies attract gentlemen so enter gentlemen. Women get in free, men get women, business owner gets more business. I dont see the harm but perhaps the business should start a gentlemans night just to be equal and fair.
Some guys go to bars, gun ranges, etc. to drink or shoot their guns. They have no interest in picking up women. How does it benefit those guys?

My problem with this whole thing is that if this were reversed and there was a "guy's night" or some other activity for men only the women would be raising a stink about it. They seem to have a huge problem with anything "men only" in the name and will fight it until the owner or whoever just surrenders an gives them what they want.

Some women seem to want equal rights but don't want to give up the "perks" that went along with being "the weaker sex". Essentially, they not only wish to be equal but superior to their male counterparts. They want to have their cake and eat it too. Life doesn't work that way so you get guys like this challenging it. I support his efforts.

If they are going to have this ladies night then they should have something that exclusively for the male customers as well.

Old 08-30-2017, 09:19 AM

122 posts, read 65,027 times
Funny how when it's women fightint to end discrimination based on sex its heroic but when a man does it its "silly."

Im sick of all these womens only groups and hope to see them meet the same fate as mens only groups. Either we are all equal or we are not. If we are not, acknowledge your inferiority and lets move on.

Old 08-30-2017, 09:32 AM

28,667 posts, read 18,784,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccabee 2A View Post
Nobody is barring ladies from carrying. His only comaint is the fact that they exclude men on ladies night. On it's face it's ridiculous for sueing, however feminists do it all the time. So don't throw bricks from a glass house.
I don't live in a glass house. It's ridiculous for feminists to do it--although if there has been a lawsuit for a "men's night" anyplace that otherwise equally welcomes women, I'd be interested in seeing where feminists are suing them "all the time."

I also doubt the guy actually retained legal counsel for two reasons:

His "counsel" suggested that he "reach out" instead of them sending a law office letterhead letter--which would have been likely if legal action were really feasible.

And he talked about merely starting a letter-writing campaign as his next step instead of going farther with legal action.

Last edited by Ralph_Kirk; 08-30-2017 at 09:49 AM..

Old 08-30-2017, 09:47 AM

28,667 posts, read 18,784,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Some guys go to bars, gun ranges, etc. to drink or shoot their guns. They have no interest in picking up women. How does it benefit those guys?.
it gets more of the people involved who are otherwise anti-gun.

Old 08-30-2017, 09:47 AM

[quote=ahzzie;49361423]
Quote:
Some guys go to bars, gun ranges, etc. to drink or shoot their guns. They have no interest in picking up women. How does it benefit those guys?
And many do. But if they dont they can go on that night too or any other night as well.
Quote:
My problem with this whole thing is that if this were reversed and there was a "guy's night" or some other activity for men only the women would be raising a stink about it. They seem to have a huge problem with anything "men only" in the name and will fight it until the owner or whoever just surrenders an gives them what they want.
Well we dont know women would be making a stink. For the ones that do I'd say the same. Whats the harm if one night a week is set aside for a special mens night. Again, men are permitted on ladies night. The issue is ladies dont pay for the range that particular night.

Quote:
Some women seem to want equal rights but don't want to give up the "perks" that went along with being "the weaker sex". Essentially, they not only wish to be equal but superior to their male counterparts. They want to have their cake and eat it too. Life doesn't work that way so you get guys like this challenging it. I support his efforts.
There is a difference in equal rights and being the same gender. I want to have the same civil right, be able to vote, own property, have credit, get the same pay for the same job, get the same education. I want the same legal protection. I also want to retain my gender and identity. Why is it one should have to trade something as humane as having equal civil and legal rights and social opportunities for their identities. Women in general are not asking men to give up their right to remain manly.
Anyway this is not about equal rights its more about comfort or a business trying to get business of a particular demographic.

Quote:
If they are going to have this ladies night then they should have something that exclusively for the male customers as well.
I agree. There is no reason they shouldn't. As I said both genders should have their own spaces as well as having the same rights and opportunities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies