Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2017, 05:31 PM

8,665 posts, read 5,844,099 times

Advertisements

President Donald Trump‘s administration has agreed to settle the first lawsuit filed against the so-called “Muslim ban,” according to a statement issued by the ACLU.
“The settlement ensures that all travelers who were barred from the country on the basis of the ban and have not since returned to the United States are informed of their right to reapply for a visa and provided with a list of free legal services organizations that can help them do so,” the statement said.

The first lawsuit filed was Darweesh v. Trump, and was filed on January 28, 2017 shorty after the ban went into effect. As part of the settlement, the government will reportedly provide a list of pro bono immigration attorneys who can aid foreigners applying for visas, and will provide notice in three different languages. The DOJ must also coordinate and aid in processing new applications for those wanting to come back to the United States in the next three months.
BREAKING: Trump Administration Agrees to Settle in Travel Ban Case

Let's see he lost the case of his phony University, and now this....so the slime-ball who bragged
"I never settle", has in fact "settled" many, many ,many lawsuits over the years, ROTFLMBO!

Old 08-31-2017, 05:34 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,907,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
President Donald Trump‘s administration has agreed to settle the first lawsuit filed against the so-called “Muslim ban,” according to a statement issued by the ACLU.
“The settlement ensures that all travelers who were barred from the country on the basis of the ban and have not since returned to the United States are informed of their right to reapply for a visa and provided with a list of free legal services organizations that can help them do so,” the statement said.

The first lawsuit filed was Darweesh v. Trump, and was filed on January 28, 2017 shorty after the ban went into effect. As part of the settlement, the government will reportedly provide a list of pro bono immigration attorneys who can aid foreigners applying for visas, and will provide notice in three different languages. The DOJ must also coordinate and aid in processing new applications for those wanting to come back to the United States in the next three months.
BREAKING: Trump Administration Agrees to Settle in Travel Ban Case

Let's see he lost the case of his phony University, and now this....so the slime-ball who bragged
"I never settle", has in fact "settled" many, many ,many lawsuits over the years, ROTFLMBO!
Good to see.

Interesting result considering I thought it was all legal and within his power...

One wonders why he would settle? Especially since he "never settles"?

Old 08-31-2017, 05:49 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,528,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Good to see.

Interesting result considering I thought it was all legal and within his power...

One wonders why he would settle? Especially since he "never settles"?
He does when he knows he doesn't have a chance.

Didn't he check the vetting yet? It has been months and that is why he needed his the temporary ban, or so he says. We all know that his word means.

Old 08-31-2017, 06:14 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,907,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
He does when he knows he doesn't have a chance.

Didn't he check the vetting yet? It has been months and that is why he needed his the temporary ban, or so he says. We all know that his word means.
Yeah - I doubt his administration has bothered to look into the process. If they had, they'd know that most of what they want is actually being done already. Sad, really.

Listen to for more context: https://www.thisamericanlife.org/rad...ut-very-nicely

Transcript here: https://www.thisamericanlife.org/rad...609/transcript

Most damning:
Quote:
Bob
I find it personally offensive because it implies that those of us who vet refugees weren't doing extreme vetting before, that the work that I do as a refugee officer wasn't adequate to begin with.
Edit: removed comment to not violate TOS from Ira Glass about extensive screening practices already in place. Please go to the link.

Quote:
Kirk Johnson
Well, he campaigned by saying that we're not vetting these people. And the only way you can say that is if you don't know anything about how people are vetted.
Quote:
Kirk Johnson
...And I know for a fact that they did not go to the State Department's Refugee Processing people, the people that have been doing this for decades-- they never even got a basic briefing as to what currently exists.

Last edited by HockeyMac18; 08-31-2017 at 06:44 PM.. Reason: edit: TOS

Old 08-31-2017, 06:15 PM

262 posts, read 307,606 times
Who's tired of all the winning yet?

Old 08-31-2017, 08:38 PM

57,238 posts, read 26,182,129 times
Complete exercise in futility, just drop the "temporary ban" and put all that extreme vetting in to place that we heard so much about.

Old 08-31-2017, 08:40 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,000,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Complete exercise in futility, just drop the "temporary ban" and put all that extreme vetting in to place that we heard so much about.
Yes if in fact there are huge gaps in the vetting process (I suspect there aren't) then yes -- just fix it and move on.

Should have done that in February -- and any govt. really intent on fixing things and not on the show of it all would have.

Old 08-31-2017, 08:40 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,984,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Densi52 View Post
Who's tired of all the winning yet?
Darn it, you beat me to it!

Old 08-31-2017, 09:00 PM

8,390 posts, read 7,640,495 times
The cynic in me says this is just a precursor to ending DACA on Friday.

It'll go something like this:

Hey, yeah, I'm ending that DACA thing, but I'm letting the other guys in and people love me for it!

Old 08-31-2017, 09:03 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 24 days ago)

27,638 posts, read 16,120,970 times
So nice that foreigners get free American legal help. Retainers are very expensive for the rest of us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies