Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2017, 11:16 AM

6,928 posts, read 5,909,844 times

Advertisements

If you're a principled leftist, doesn't it bother you just a little bit that your side has suddenly swooned for the Deep State.......and defends it to the death?? I mean, your side has warned about the Deep State, and fought it tooth and nail, for over fifty years. Now, all of a sudden, you're BFFs.

(Preemptive strikes: "No we don't love it!"
"We were NEVER wary of it!"
"We're still opposed to it!"
etc. etc. etc.)

I mean, is there any one on the left who can think back a few years, and feels a bit discomfited by hopping into bed with people you used to consider the Enemy??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2017, 11:18 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,592,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
If you're a principled leftist, doesn't it bother you just a little bit that your side has suddenly swooned for the Deep State.......and defends it to the death?? I mean, your side has warned about the Deep State, and fought it tooth and nail, for over fifty years. Now, all of a sudden, you're BFFs.

etc. etc. etc.)

I mean, is there any one on the left who can think back a few years, and feels a bit discomfited by hopping into bed with people you used to consider the Enemy??
I never heard of the Deep State until a year or two ago. I still haven't heard a very good description of what it is supposed to be.

Old 08-31-2017, 11:20 AM

5,705 posts, read 3,674,025 times
If the left loves the deep state then how come the right invented it? The paranoids keep paranoiaing.

Old 08-31-2017, 11:23 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
I never heard of the Deep State until a year or two ago. I still haven't heard a very good description of what it is supposed to be.
That's because it's a fabrication of the right. There is no such thing. But the brain dead on the right will buy into anything, no matter how ridiculous, that fits their boogieman narrative. They're suckers that way.

Old 08-31-2017, 11:24 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,917,076 times
Quote:

etc. etc. etc.)

I read your post and have no idea what you're talking about. I guess I'm not a "principled leftist" (whatever that is...).

Old 08-31-2017, 11:25 AM

221 posts, read 187,464 times
Quote:

I dunno, is there anyone on the right who feels a little slimy by hopping into bed with people you used to consider the enemy? (Russia)

Old 08-31-2017, 11:25 AM

11,988 posts, read 5,298,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
It's the latest boogyman that the right wing radio prophets have thought of the lather up the unwashed masses.

Old 08-31-2017, 11:27 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
It's the latest boogyman that the right wing radio prophets have thought of the lather up the unwashed masses.
And we see right here on C-D how the easily led fall for it every single time.

Old 08-31-2017, 11:28 AM

11,988 posts, read 5,298,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blingding View Post
I dunno, is there anyone on the right who feels a little slimy by hopping into bed with people you used to consider the enemy? (Russia)
True. I would say the same about the Neo-Nazis or the Klan, but they probably think that's just Uncle Clyde or Cousin Scooter and nothing to be ashamed of.

Old 08-31-2017, 11:34 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,450,477 times
Look at all the Statists here trying to play dumb.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies