Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2017, 11:40 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,054,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
L

The SJWs aren't going to like this one. L'Oreal fires a transgendered woman who says all white people are violent. Wonder if they'll boycott the company?
Free Speech is getting everyone and anyone fired these days. From Colin Kaperanick to Charlottesville alt right protesters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2017, 11:57 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,369,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I can only imagine what it says. She didn't mean 'all' and it was just a figure of speech and this was just a reason to dump her - never considering the company didn't have to sign her in the first place if they were anti-LGBTQ.
So instead of actually reading an article, you make up what you imagine it says to fit into your narrative?

Don't get me wrong, this story stinks and I have very low regard for Huffpo, but jeez, Orwell could write you right into one of his cautionary tales.

Old 09-02-2017, 12:16 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,630,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Hey, I'm a Democrat. Not everyone on the left is an SJW exhibiting outrage about everything. Just the loons on the far left.
But contrast the minimal to no response to this from the media. Now think what would happen if the model was a white woman saying "ALL blacks are racist..ALL OF THEM!"

Old 09-02-2017, 12:21 AM

4,750 posts, read 3,569,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
L'Oreal.

They fired a trans woman for making anti-white remarks.
You Republicans are so sensitive/paranoid. Not everybody is out to get you, sweetie.

Old 09-02-2017, 01:40 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,592,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
You Republicans are so sensitive/paranoid. Not everybody is out to get you, sweetie.
Well, this should be interesting.

*checks popcorn supply*

Old 09-02-2017, 02:40 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,765,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
It looks like you right wingers have a really, really messed up idea of the left. You really think more than handful people 1) actually care that she got fired and 2) agree with her position?
Her position...

“When I stated that ‘all white people are racist,’ I was addressing that fact that western society as a whole, is a SYSTEM rooted in white supremacy — designed to benefit, prioritize and protect white people before anyone of any other race,”

...is very mainstream left, the same thing you might hear from any race activist or ______-studies prof on any college campus.

Old 09-02-2017, 02:57 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,377,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Her position...

“When I stated that ‘all white people are racist,’ I was addressing that fact that western society as a whole, is a SYSTEM rooted in white supremacy — designed to benefit, prioritize and protect white people before anyone of any other race,”

...is very mainstream left, the same thing you might hear from any race activist or ______-studies prof on any college campus.
That's a good point. When she clarified her remarks she gave the "white culture of oppression" angle which has been mainstreamed for a long time.

Old 09-02-2017, 08:27 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
So instead of actually reading an article, you make up what you imagine it says to fit into your narrative?

Don't get me wrong, this story stinks and I have very low regard for Huffpo, but jeez, Orwell could write you right into one of his cautionary tales.

1) I have no interest in reading it
2) stating what I'm guessing it entails isn't the same as making something up about what it really says

It sounds like I struck a nerve and you took something personally based on your narrative.

Don't care.

Old 09-02-2017, 08:32 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
But contrast the minimal to no response to this from the media. Now think what would happen if the model was a white woman saying "ALL blacks are racist..ALL OF THEM!"

A very high percentage of SJW's would make a HUGE deal out of it and the media would pick that up as news.

So yes, the media and social media would be on a witch hunt.

No surprise there.

Old 09-02-2017, 08:33 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,878,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
You're the only one thinking that sweetie. But then again when one doesn't have a leg to stand on the thing to do is deflect and ignore the issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies