Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2017, 08:45 AM

3,338 posts, read 2,142,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Her position...

“When I stated that ‘all white people are racist,’ I was addressing that fact that western society as a whole, is a SYSTEM rooted in white supremacy — designed to benefit, prioritize and protect white people before anyone of any other race,”

...is very mainstream left, the same thing you might hear from any race activist or ______-studies prof on any college campus.
Indeed, the CNN crowd appears to believe themselves stuck in time somewhere between the end of slavery and the end of Jim Crow. One cannot help but wonder whether such a belief is perhaps worthy of professional diagnosis and subsequent treatment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2017, 08:48 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,836,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
Not everybody is out to get you, sweetie.
I believe it was the anti-white/racist trans model who believes that. How else do you explain her position that "all white people are racist"?

Old 09-02-2017, 10:00 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,114,351 times
Nothing funnier than watching conservatives rage over the actions of ONE person on the left, and then pretending that EVERY democrat/liberal shares the same views they do.

That idiot that ran over and killed a woman in Virginia a few weeks ago was a crazy, hateful conservative. Do liberals create 10 new posts a day about how the actions of ONE conservative represents the mindset of ALL conservatives? Absolutely not, because it's ridiculous.

Yet every single time ONE liberal or democrat does or says something crazy, we get flooded from posts from the right about how ALL liberals are represented by the actions of a single person. I am reminded that common sense isn't always so common.

Old 09-02-2017, 10:20 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
L

The SJWs aren't going to like this one. L'Oreal fires a transgendered woman who says all white people are violent. Wonder if they'll boycott the company?
Sounds like a business decision to me. How can you alienate half your customer base and keep sales up?

I don't know why you try and make this into some huge political issue when COMMON SENSE tells me it's a wise business decision.

Of course, I do realize that common sense isn't everyone's forte.

Old 09-02-2017, 10:26 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,591,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Nothing funnier than watching conservatives rage over the actions of ONE person on the left, and then pretending that EVERY democrat/liberal shares the same views they do.

That idiot that ran over and killed a woman in Virginia a few weeks ago was a crazy, hateful conservative. Do liberals create 10 new posts a day about how the actions of ONE conservative represents the mindset of ALL conservatives? Absolutely not, because it's ridiculous.

Yet every single time ONE liberal or democrat does or says something crazy, we get flooded from posts from the right about how ALL liberals are represented by the actions of a single person. I am reminded that common sense isn't always so common.
Ha. It's a freakin' trace element, is what it is.

Old 09-02-2017, 10:31 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,266,619 times
eh, just another has been before they were ever anything.
Opinions are available to everyone but many are smart enough not to post it on social media.

Old 09-02-2017, 10:39 AM

2,609 posts, read 2,192,224 times
Wow. How is this stupid racist model getting so much(too much) attention for being so stupid. A smart person, even if racist, would keep it to themselves. Best to just ignore her.

Ding... Popcorn is ready... YUM

Love listening to peoples opinions, you know everybody has one.

Old 09-02-2017, 10:39 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,836,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post

BLM, (not)antifa, sanctuary cities, tearing down monuments, etc are not the work of one isolated person.

Old 09-02-2017, 10:46 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,567,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
L

The SJWs aren't going to like this one. L'Oreal fires a transgendered woman who says all white people are violent. Wonder if they'll boycott the company?
So?

Old 09-02-2017, 12:22 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,279,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Her position...

“When I stated that ‘all white people are racist,’ I was addressing that fact that western society as a whole, is a SYSTEM rooted in white supremacy — designed to benefit, prioritize and protect white people before anyone of any other race,”

...is very mainstream left, the same thing you might hear from any race activist or ______-studies prof on any college campus.
Yes. The original statement and the clarification are similar to sentiments you can read on Everyday Feminism, The Root, Slate, HuffPost, Salon, and a wide range of others, not to mention Reddit, Tumblr, and a number of college papers and sites. I've been predicting for a year or so that the vanguard of this thought was going to become more bold in its pronouncements, and it is happening. It's mostly about *how* you say something, and very similar things are being said in a less direct, more "diplomatic" way elsewhere. The world isn't *quite* ready for how the original FB post looked, but we'll get there. A whole lot of people have come to her defense in terms of the firing, the clarification, and the original post.
------------------------------------------
I am of two minds about the firing. On the one hand, these were just words after all. She didn't actually DO anything, she only expressed an opinion.

Someone has a thought, mostly fueled by post-modern relativistic horsesh|t, social constructivism, and irrational emotion. They turn the thought into words. So as a matter of course those words must be shared with the world because this is 2017 -----> social media. Now it's seen by the world, including their employer. Since there is no separation between private opinions, public persona, and your job role anymore, the employer is obligated to take an action (that action could be "inaction" but they will have to actively state they aren't acting regardless).

The makeup firm is within their rights to take the action they did, as we all know, but I don't necessarily like this paradigm we've entered where all thoughts must be shared and all shared thoughts are observed and potentially acted upon by employers and other organizations. Few people keep things private, and few organizations ignore what is said publicly by their members. My company has a whole department, 20+ people, that does nothing all day but monitor the social media presence of all employees.

On the other hand... it is a little heartening that we're not yet to the place where the original statement is considered truth or politically correct or the accepted view. I mean, it is in some realms (multitudinous online articles and op-eds, Evergreen State College, etc.), and we're headed there to be sure, but we're not there yet. I take a little solace in that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies