Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2017, 12:25 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,037,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
L

The SJWs aren't going to like this one. L'Oreal fires a transgendered woman who says all white people are violent. Wonder if they'll boycott the company?
Why should we care?

It's a private company and they are entitled to fire stupid troublemakers, regardless of their sex, gender, etc.

You know, just like how the company that handled the website for Stormfront was entitled to shut them down for being a bunch of bigoted hate-mongers a week or so ago. That was a hilarious event that sparked such stupid, two-faced outrage around here from the "business should be allowed do whatever they want - provided it hurts liberals" mob. Suck it up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2017, 12:29 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,114,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
BLM, (not)antifa, sanctuary cities, tearing down monuments, etc are not the work of one isolated person.
Okay...a few hundred? A fee thousand? Hell, I'll give you ten thousand.

I believe there were 70-80 million registered democrats.

Come on, Colorado. Let's he reasonable here. The actions of 10,000 extremist liberals DO NOT represent the views and opinions of tens of millions of more level-headed liberals/democrats. You 100% agree with that, right?????

the extremist crazy conservative idiot who murdered a woman in VA does NOT reflect all conservatives. I am well aware of that.

Surely you know that goes for extremist liberals...surely you do...right?

Old 09-02-2017, 12:33 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,037,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
A very high percentage of SJW's would make a HUGE deal out of it and the media would pick that up as news.

So yes, the media and social media would be on a witch hunt.

No surprise there.
And a "very high percentage of SJW's" still sums up to be a tiny minority in the grand scheme of things - far fewer than the number of right-wing extremists out there.

Look, the reality is that not everyone who opposes Trump, the Klan, bigots, religious nuts, and so forth is a "SJW" who thinks silly things like "all whites are evil" or "gays are better than straights" or some other nonsense. Those on the far-right live in angry terror of the "SJW" or "communist liberal loon" under every rock and around every corner, but these people are so rare that they almost don't exist. I've lived in hard blue states my whole life, and I've met TWO borderline SJW's - I've met over TWO DOZEN far more dangerous and hate-filled right-wingers. Now, imagine how bad those numbers would look in a red state.

I'm very tired of these strawman "proofs" from the far-right about "what liberals are really like." They can't counter the facts and righteous anger leveled against the numerous extremists in their own party, so they dredge up fringe-case, powerless crazies like this woman and prop them up as laughable strawmen to represent "real liberals." It's BS. "Real liberals" - progressives - don't hate whites, straights, Christians, or really any other such group. What we hate are HATERS. We hate people who USE their race, religious, sexual orientation, or wealth as weapons to use against those weaker than them. THAT is what we hate.

As for the case in question, as I said before, the company has the right to fire her. One could argue about the level of freedom of speech people really have in our current world, but that is not a partisan debate since companies can fire people for anything these days.

Old 09-02-2017, 01:22 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,591,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
BLM, (not)antifa, sanctuary cities, tearing down monuments, etc are not the work of one isolated person.
This thread is about one person, though.

Old 09-02-2017, 01:25 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,959,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
Ok, they fired a racist - so what. I honestly don't care who it is.
Oh, you care. You'd be giddy with glee if she had said something about blacks or latinos and then been fired.

Old 09-02-2017, 01:26 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,959,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
It looks like you right wingers have a really, really messed up idea of the left. You really think more than handful people 1) actually care that she got fired and 2) agree with her position?
You don't agree with her position, but you're disappointed it wasn't someone saying something about blacks or latinos. You can't smear all conservatives with this story.

Old 09-02-2017, 01:31 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,958,896 times
L‘Oreal fires transgender model who said all white people are racist .

Damn good!!

Old 09-02-2017, 01:32 PM

78,433 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Lib media like Huffpost already rushing to defend this racist
If you make claims like that, you should link to an example.

Old 09-02-2017, 01:33 PM

34,235 posts, read 18,594,984 times
But, the real question is, was she wearing high heals or not? Oh I mean HE, errrr SHE......Or whatever!

Old 09-02-2017, 01:34 PM

78,433 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Okay...a few hundred? A fee thousand? Hell, I'll give you ten thousand.

I believe there were 70-80 million registered democrats.

Come on, Colorado. Let's he reasonable here. The actions of 10,000 extremist liberals DO NOT represent the views and opinions of tens of millions of more level-headed liberals/democrats. You 100% agree with that, right?????

the extremist crazy conservative idiot who murdered a woman in VA does NOT reflect all conservatives. I am well aware of that.

Surely you know that goes for extremist liberals...surely you do...right?
I didn't know you had it in you. Great post. Nutjobs on both sides do not define the entirety of R or D or left or right.

Thanks. +1
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies