Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2017, 12:55 PM

67,650 posts, read 61,077,988 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Cajuns love Texans. Texans love Cajuns.

The Trumps can wear whatever hat is available. It'll probably be an LSU hat.
True dat. Laissez les bon temps rouler!

Old 09-02-2017, 12:56 PM

67,650 posts, read 61,077,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
The more I look at this thread, the more I realize it's just a bunch of right-wingers standing around, making up nonsense and pretending to understand the "mind of liberals" while missing the point entirely.

We progressives don't care about any of this crap.

Now, get your worthless president back in line and try - just try - to have him do something useful before this thread degenerates completely into "I voted for Trump because his wife is hotter than Bill Clinton!"
Has anyone ever told you that you don't have much of a sense of humor? Clearly the thread is tongue in cheek.

Old 09-02-2017, 01:01 PM

5,544 posts, read 8,327,144 times
true dat

Old 09-02-2017, 01:34 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,689,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
You don't seem to realize that YOU are the person who predicted what you think liberals will say when Melania arrives in LA in your OP post. If you really cared about the FLOTUS you wouldn't be trolling this topic in a guise to bash liberals.
I qualified the prediction on a condition. If I'm right or wrong about it being a story, I can live with it.

No where did I mention liberals in the OP. Exposing the facts isn't trolling.

The fact is the media has spent time on the topic of foot and head gear. Its the new hoof and mouth disease effecting real journalism.

Old 09-02-2017, 01:37 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,065,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
FLOTUS got off the plane in Tx. wearing a Tx. hat. Will she change it to a La. hat later. These are the important issues of our time.

Later when she visits La. if she is wearing the Tx hat it will be front page news.

Foot ware is taking a backseat today. Its head to toe outrage and one of the most important issues for America. Stop the presses. There is a lead story in the making.
She is looking good.

So glad to see them in Houston today -- just have seen pics (game day people --- that's the priority)...but it is exactly what is expected of a President and his wife.

Old 09-02-2017, 02:05 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,042,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Has anyone ever told you that you don't have much of a sense of humor? Clearly the thread is tongue in cheek.
Eh, sorry, not buying it. "I was only joking" is a tired, overused way to back-pedal after making trouble and being called out on it.

Maybe the OP was joking, and maybe not, but there's so much utterly insane trash being posted on this forum regularly - and so many fact-free caricatures of "what liberals really are" being posted by right-wingers - that threads like this just look like more of the same nonsense.

You want to call out lousy excuses for news and reporting? Be my guest - most "news" in this nation from both sides stinks. But when the topic is clearly targeting one side, it's hard not to consider it partisan. Let's have a comparable thread bashing FOX for their drivel, and watch what happens around here...

Old 09-02-2017, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Eh, sorry, not buying it. "I was only joking" is a tired, overused way to back-pedal after making trouble and being called out on it.

Maybe the OP was joking, and maybe not, but there's so much utterly insane trash being posted on this forum regularly - and so many fact-free caricatures of "what liberals really are" being posted by right-wingers - that threads like this just look like more of the same nonsense.

You want to call out lousy excuses for news and reporting? Be my guest - most "news" in this nation from both sides stinks. But when the topic is clearly targeting one side, it's hard not to consider it partisan. Let's have a comparable thread bashing FOX for their drivel, and watch what happens around here...
Your assumptions are incorrect.

I have been holding off stating where I heard the comment on the FLOTUS head gear.

In fact it was Leland Vitter on Fox that brought it up today and made mention of what a mistake it would be if she wore the Tx. hat when she deplanes in La.

Lets see if it is mentioned when she lands in La. If she has the correct head gear it might get a mention. If she doesn't it very well could be a story lasting several days.

People need to know this stuff because it directly effects their lives and no journalist can ignore it.

Old 09-02-2017, 02:40 PM

Quote:
The more I look at this thread, the more I realize it's just a bunch of right-wingers standing around, making up nonsense and pretending to understand the "mind of liberals" while missing the point entirely.

We progressives don't care about any of this crap.

Now, get your worthless president back in line and try - just try - to have him do something useful before this thread degenerates completely into "I voted for Trump because his wife is hotter than Bill Clinton!"
You do care. We know you care. You have posted more than once because you care.

Are you a shoe salesman ? Hat salesman ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLgHY0SU42Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5ZM0-f5_CU

Old 09-02-2017, 02:42 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,387,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern man View Post
She looked good as usual, unlike the previous first lady.
Melania has had more plastic surgery!

Old 09-02-2017, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Melania has had more plastic surgery!

In her shoes or in her hat ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies