Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 09:47 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,553,886 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Style View Post
America is a good country, but it isn't better than most other modern nations. In fact, in some ways it lags behind in certain aspects. It boils down to ones own personal opinion.
I agree. That's why we hardly have anybody willing to come here illegally...who would WANT to? And the few who DO come, are mainly just looking for 'adventure'. It's obvious that our oppressive racism, our abysmal level of human rights, and our violent reprisals against anyone who's seen as 'different' has kept most 'thinking' people away.

We should be ashamed of ourselves, lagging so far behind the world's norm, as we do. No WONDER they all hate us....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2008, 10:00 AM

13,607 posts, read 21,389,656 times
What makes me a patriot????????Rock n Roll baby!American made Fenders and Gibsons are still the best electric guitars around the world!

https://www.city-data.com/forum/other...road-trip.html

https://www.city-data.com/forum/other...y-time-my.html

Old 03-15-2008, 10:06 AM

1,031 posts, read 1,314,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truthhurts View Post
Although, i disagree with many of you on this board, i have to say, this is simply the greatest country on the face of this earth. For all the things, that we disagree on, i'm simply glad we can all disagree and freely express our opinions. I actually appreciate all the racist, bigots, sexist, jerks, morons, white people, black people, hispanics, asians, women, men, gays, straights, geeks, dorks, jocks, intelligent, stupid, rude, un-informed, very well informed, patriotic, anti-patriotic, douche bags, anti douche bags, confederate, yankees, and all the various groups of people in America, we all make this country GREAT!

Only here in the GREAT UNITED STATES OF AMERICA CAN WE ALL DISAGREE AND CIVILY LIVE NEXT TO EACH OTHER WITHOUT KILLING ONE ANOTHER OR BEING CENSORED BY THE GOVERNMENT!!!!!!

What makes this coutnry great to you?????????
Oh yes, flag waving. The truest form of patriotism.

Old 03-15-2008, 10:07 AM

2,839 posts, read 9,981,691 times
The food, the diversity, and the relative freedom. In that order.

Old 03-15-2008, 10:09 AM

1,031 posts, read 1,314,142 times
Quote:
KevK, well, for once, i'm not attempting to critize US Policy, big government, racism, entitlement programs, and a host of other issues,
Then you have no desire whatsoever to discuss what it means to be a patriot. What a waste of a thread.

Resume your nonsensical flag waving.

Old 03-15-2008, 01:36 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,647,809 times
Quote:
Although, i disagree with many of you on this board, i have to say, this is simply the greatest country on the face of this earth. For all the things, that we disagree on, i'm simply glad we can all disagree and freely express our opinions. I actually appreciate all the racist, bigots, sexist, jerks, morons, white people, black people, hispanics, asians, women, men, gays, straights, geeks, dorks, jocks, intelligent, stupid, rude, un-informed, very well informed, patriotic, anti-patriotic, douche bags, anti douche bags, confederate, yankees, and all the various groups of people in America, we all make this country GREAT!

Only here in the GREAT UNITED STATES OF AMERICA CAN WE ALL DISAGREE AND CIVILY LIVE NEXT TO EACH OTHER WITHOUT KILLING ONE ANOTHER OR BEING CENSORED BY THE GOVERNMENT!!!!!!

The country itself is great, I was born here. I'd love ANY country I was born in. The only thing I have a problem with is the government that is purported to be OF the people, and isn't.

Old 03-15-2008, 03:25 PM

39 posts, read 177,250 times
Default America , really so great ?

Quote:

Depends on where you live in America. There are places where you can be killed for disagreeing with someone in America.
There are places in America where young highschool will slaughter as many fellow students as possible because of a disagreement.
There are places in America where you can be shot, killed, etc for being in a loving relationship with a person not of your immediate culture.
There are places in America where you are functionally murdered for being born into a poor family
------
etc etc etc

Old 03-15-2008, 04:32 PM

6,993 posts, read 17,362,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I agree. That's why we hardly have anybody willing to come here illegally...who would WANT to? And the few who DO come, are mainly just looking for 'adventure'. It's obvious that our oppressive racism, our abysmal level of human rights, and our violent reprisals against anyone who's seen as 'different' has kept most 'thinking' people away.

We should be ashamed of ourselves, lagging so far behind the world's norm, as we do. No WONDER they all hate us....
I have absolutely no idea what this has to do with the price of rice in china. Maybe you can fill me in?

Old 03-15-2008, 09:11 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,553,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Style View Post
I have absolutely no idea what this has to do with the price of rice in china. Maybe you can fill me in?
Only demonstrating some of the many reasons that America "isn't better than most modern nations".

Old 03-15-2008, 11:02 PM

44 posts, read 75,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post

I guess to you Mexico is the example of advanced first world country. When is the last time you saw people from Denemark, Sweden,Switzerland, Finland,Spain,France... trust me the list goes on and on, racing to get through our borders. America is a good country for its citizens, as much as most developed places are for their own citizens. the reason most people rush through American borders, is because the US is the greatest place to make money, so it is purely economics. All that blabbing about rights,freedoms,being welcomed, nothing special about America there, Although i would say that we have the best judicial system and the best bill of rights ever, sadly a lot of that we might lose, if we keep voting for leaders who are willing to take that aways fom us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies