Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2017, 10:24 PM

6,228 posts, read 3,604,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Where are you getting the bolded above? I found numbers from college enrollment in 2013 that show a very different tale. I doubt it would have changed that much over four years but do you have more current information illustrating this?
I was wondering the same thing. In California, the state with the highest percentage of Hispanics, more than half do not finish at our public universities.

Old 09-03-2017, 10:47 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,753,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
Yes, of course it is.
OK. ... just thought I'd give you the benefit of the doubt.

Old 09-03-2017, 11:05 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
OK. ... just thought I'd give you the benefit of the doubt.
When Leftists openly admit things that are so completely insane I flashback to the scene from the movie A Few Good Men when Tom Cruise gets Jack Nicholson to blurt out that he ordered the code red.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6a5g8syaBk

You're amazed, shocked, and not prepared to even think about what to do next (like Cruise in the clip) after the revelation comes to light.

Old 09-03-2017, 11:27 PM

3,565 posts, read 1,920,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
When Leftists openly admit things that are so completely insane
So, you think it's insane to suggest that some factors facing African Americans are out of their control?

I mean, a woman whose father was born into slavery just died. Yes, it's an extreme case, but slavery wasn't THAT long ago.

I doubt you'd say that parenting doesn't have an impact on children. I'm more than sure you're aware of the problems with families in the African American community.

I'm 100% certain that you wouldn't suggest that racism doesn't exist.

So, I don't see what you find insane.

Old 09-04-2017, 06:22 AM

1,085 posts, read 2,232,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorafan5687 View Post
I'm actually not an SJW. White is a color if we want to get technical, however, the question was geared more or less about blacks and the plight of other minority ethnic groups. I'm the kind of person when something is on my mind, I tend to ask about it or research it and I just thought that it would be an interesting discussion.
You thought it would be an interesting discussion on this forum? Surely you jest.

Old 09-04-2017, 08:09 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,941,290 times
How would the blacks feel if native Americans rioted and demanded that the whites and blacks get out of their land (America)? The whites go back to Europe and the Blacks back to Africa. How would blacks feel about the native Americans' grievances?

Old 09-04-2017, 09:39 AM

3,852 posts, read 2,223,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorafan5687 View Post
Do you feel that it is selfish for blacks to only advocate for ourselves and not for other persons of color? Why or why not?
No. The other "People of Color" did not have our back in the pre-civil rights era.

Asians wanted nothing to do with black causes.

"Hispanics" were WHITE and were complicit in Jim Crow. In the south west people of Spanish origin were as racist as Anglo-Americans, especially in Texas and New Mexico.

Quote:
How do you as a person of color relate to the plight of other POC of another background?
I do not.

Old 09-04-2017, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
How would the blacks feel if native Americans rioted and demanded that the whites and blacks get out of their land (America)? The whites go back to Europe and the Blacks back to Africa. How would blacks feel about the native Americans' grievances?
We don't have to imagine that. Native Americans have already said plenty of things like that.

Native Americans owned slaves. Native Americans recently kicked decendents of freedman out of their communities.

Nobody cares about black people. Black people are often blind to the racism that comes from "people of color" because their attention is so focused on white bigotry.

Last edited by Tritone; 09-04-2017 at 10:01 AM..

Old 09-04-2017, 09:56 AM

7,713 posts, read 4,744,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Black people should do whatever the hell they feel like doing. We don't have to explain to anyone why we do or don't support anything or anyone.

That's my answer.
I agree. Just as Whites should do the same. Open dialogue and understanding one another is stupid.

Old 09-04-2017, 09:59 AM

If you really look at history, you'll find out that none of these "people of color" EVER historically had our back or supported our cause, especially in the pre-civil rights era.

Here's a quote from 'A People's History of the United States' (Howard Zinn, 1980)

Quote:
Mexican Americans did not object to the segregation of Blacks or challenge the assumptions of White supremacy. On the contrary, they supported strict segregation of Whites and Blacks in the schools and in public facilities. The basis for their claim for social equality was that they were also White...

A group of Mexican Americans, mostly urban and middle class, founded their own organization in 1929 in Corpus Cristi, the League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC)...LULAC sought to set the racial record strait. In a 1932 article in the LULAC News titled "Are Texas-Mexicans 'Americans'?" the author asserted that Mexican Americans were "the first white race to inhabit this vast empire of ours." Another member of LULAC boasted that Mexican Americans were "not only a part and parcel but as well the sum and substance of the white race."

As self-constituted Whites, LULAC members considered it "an insult" to be associated with Blacks or other "colored" races. In 1936 a LULAC official deplored the practice of hiring "Negro musicians" to play at Mexican bailes because it led to "illicit relations" between Black men and "ill-informed Mexican girls." He urged fellow LULAC memebers to "tell these Negroes that we are not going to permit our manhood and womanhood to mingle with them on an equal social basis".

Not surprisingly, LULAC turned its back on opportunities to forge ties with the NAACP during its own civil rights battles in the 1940s
My family is from Texas and they remember when Mexicans were white and racist.

Last edited by Tritone; 09-04-2017 at 10:23 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies