Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2017, 03:12 PM

3,071 posts, read 3,223,441 times

Advertisements

After a couple of recent threads, one that made it really big before being locked, I wanted to created a similar thread to hear from black people and other POC.

Do you feel that it is selfish for blacks to only advocate for ourselves and not for other persons of color? Why or why not?
How do you as a person of color relate to the plight of other POC of another background?

I realize that every person of color does not have your best interest either, however sometimes I wonder if black people should advocate for them more than we do? On the other hand, you have other persons of color who make the same accusations of "self segregation" that many persons of Anglo-Saxon descent make.

As a black person, how do you feel about things such as Black History Month? How about Hispanic Heritage Month. Asian/Pacific American Heritage Month?

How do you feel about the accusation of "race-bating" and "playing the race card"?

NOTE: I will accept commentary from any race of people as long as it's of value.

Old 09-03-2017, 06:32 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,755,581 times
Tell me, pandorafan, how can advocating for POC be justified while advocating for white people is not? How can you expect to create a POC interest group in America without also producing a white population that thinks of itself in racial terms? Why would you want that kind of future for the country?

Old 09-03-2017, 06:44 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,746,015 times
I see the SJW Blacks using "People of color" when convenient in an attempt to garner more support and/or divert from their own racist agendas.

The truth is, Hispanics, Asians, East Indians and other "People of color" want nothing to do with poor Black culture, anymore than Whites or Blacks living above the poverty line do. Poor Black culture is a failure and no amount of name calling, rationalization or glorification will ever make it successful.

The only path to success for most people is conforming to mainstream society, at least to the point of being able to pass standardized tests, get through job interviews & speak on the telephone without people instantly knowing you're Black. If you move to Spain, you learn to speak Spanish the way they do. You learn to eat the same foods. You learn to dress the same way. Or you choose not to and will always be an outsider to their culture. No different in the United States.

Old 09-03-2017, 07:25 PM

4,659 posts, read 4,117,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
I see the SJW Blacks using "People of color" when convenient in an attempt to garner more support and/or divert from their own racist agendas.

The truth is, Hispanics, Asians, East Indians and other "People of color" want nothing to do with poor Black culture, anymore than Whites or Blacks living above the poverty line do. Poor Black culture is a failure and no amount of name calling, rationalization or glorification will ever make it successful.

The only path to success for most people is conforming to mainstream society, at least to the point of being able to pass standardized tests, get through job interviews & speak on the telephone without people instantly knowing you're Black. If you move to Spain, you learn to speak Spanish the way they do. You learn to eat the same foods. You learn to dress the same way. Or you choose not to and will always be an outsider to their culture. No different in the United States.
Asians are far surpassing whites, and whereas Hispanics still lag behind in most metrics, they have surpassed whites in overall college attendence. Also, about half of Hispanics consider themselves white and are intermarrying whites in vast numbers.

It is sad blacks are behind even people who come to this country with no roots, often with poor language skills, sometimes with questionable legal status and often with nothing but the shirts on their backs. But all that most people need in America is an opportunity--the same opportunity that every black person gets by virtue of being born here.

Nor will the other minorities take it for long. Trump, despite the rhetoric, did better with minorites than McCain or Romney. He set back the trend from the "red tide" elections a bit, where Republicand did well with Asians and Hispanics in key areas, but even he could not reverse the trend. They are coming around to leaving the plantation party--all except blacks.

I love my black brothers and sisters, but sometimes love has to be tough love. When white guilt is gone, the old ways of racial shakedowns, excessive claims of oppression, and the constant rationalization of bad behavior based on events of 150 years ago will be gone forever. And how will that white guilt be sustained when the country becomes majority-minority, most of those minorites are mixed white, and the whites that are left are voting massively republican? Like Hillary's delusional "blue wall," the minority voting block is a wall with massive cracks in in. When if breaks, never mind "black lives matter," they will be held accountable for the fact that their 13% of the population commits 35% of the crime.

People of color? Forgetaboutit.

Last edited by cachibatches; 09-03-2017 at 07:55 PM..

Old 09-03-2017, 07:31 PM

30,351 posts, read 19,138,862 times
Quote:

It's really about power and toppling white male and Western Civilization (as if there's any better elsewhere). I've lived and worked in South America, Asia, and now the Middle East and "other person's of color" have no great love or respect for 'blacks."

p.s. SJW's, do you think that white is not a color?

Old 09-03-2017, 07:39 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,644,356 times
When the white genocide is over who will the black people demonize ? Answer : The brown people.

That is what happens in So. America. It is the light skin brown people against the darker skin brown people. The lighter skin people are preferred in government, business, media etc.......
They have shade privilege and are born with it. They will be ripe for the next genocide.
Even thought they are the same race they see it as racism within the race.

Old 09-03-2017, 07:54 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,746,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Asians are far surpassing whites, and whereas Hispanics still lag behind in most metrics, they have surpassed whites in overall college attendence. Also, about half of Hispanics consider themselves white and are intermarrying whites in vast numbers.

It is sad blacks are behind even people who come to this country with no roots, often with poor language skills, sometimes with questionable legal status and often with nothing but the shirts on their backs. But all that most people need in America is an opportunity--the same opportunity that every black person gets by virtue of being born here.

Nor will the other monorities take it for long. Trump, despite the rhetoric, did better with minorites than McCain or Romney. He set back the trend from the "red tide" elections a bit, where Republicand did well with Asians and Hispanics in key areas, but even he could not reverse the trend. They are coming around to leaving the plantation party--all except blacks.

I love my black brothers and sisters, but sometimes love has to be tough love. When white guilt is gone, the old ways of racial shakedowns, excessive claims of oppression, and the constant rationalization of bad behavior based on events of 150 years ago will be gone forever. And how will that white guilt be sustained when the country becomes majority-minority, most of those minorites are mixed white, and the whites that are left are voting massively republican? Like illary's issusional "blue wall," the minority voting block it is a wall with massive cracks in in. When if breaks, never mind "black lives matter," they will be held accountable for the fact that their 13% of the population commits 35% of the crime.

The Black SJW's don't seem to have any love for Asians or East Indians, for obvious reasons. Mainly because they've leapfrogged them (and Whites!). They also go back and forth with Hispanics depending on whether it's convenient. One thing I've never understood is how Blacks can be in favor of illegal immigration, or any immigration really, when all it does is cut down their voting power? As the Hispanic population continues to grow, the Black vote decreases in importance. The majority of the resources for minority communities will soon be headed the way of the Hispanics. Same with seats on school boards, city councils, state senates, etc. As Hispanic populations grow and grow, so does their voting power. Blacks, poor Black specifically, need to embrace mainstream society & become part of it, or they will end up similar to Native Americans culturally. I don't wish that on Black people, but if you look at the demographic shifts and do the math, that is where this is headed.

Old 09-03-2017, 08:46 PM

4,659 posts, read 4,117,691 times
Quote:
The Black SJW's don't seem to have any love for Asians or East Indians, for obvious reasons. Mainly because they've leapfrogged them (and Whites!). They also go back and forth with Hispanics depending on whether it's convenient. One thing I've never understood is how Blacks can be in favor of illegal immigration, or any immigration really, when all it does is cut down their voting power? As the Hispanic population continues to grow, the Black vote decreases in importance. The majority of the resources for minority communities will soon be headed the way of the Hispanics. Same with seats on school boards, city councils, state senates, etc. As Hispanic populations grow and grow, so does their voting power. Blacks, poor Black specifically, need to embrace mainstream society & become part of it, or they will end up similar to Native Americans culturally. I don't wish that on Black people, but if you look at the demographic shifts and do the math, that is where this is headed.
The answer is that there isn't that much rational thought behind it. They want America to be majority non-white because it feels good, not realizing that every other group is jumping in line ahead of them, and taking jobs, resources and public monies that would benefit them.

It is why the left always loses in the end- cannibalism and self-destruction.

Old 09-03-2017, 08:48 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,446,033 times
Ibtl

Old 09-03-2017, 08:59 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,600,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post

Nor will the other minorities take it for long. Trump, despite the rhetoric, did better with minorites than McCain or Romney. He set back the trend from the "red tide" elections a bit, where Republicand did well with Asians and Hispanics in key areas, but even he could not reverse the trend. They are coming around to leaving the plantation party--all except blacks.

I love my black brothers and sisters, but sometimes love has to be tough love. When white guilt is gone, the old ways of racial shakedowns, excessive claims of oppression, and the constant rationalization of bad behavior based on events of 150 years ago will be gone forever. And how will that white guilt be sustained when the country becomes majority-minority, most of those minorites are mixed white, and the whites that are left are voting massively republican? Like Hillary's delusional "blue wall," the minority voting block is a wall with massive cracks in in. When if breaks, never mind "black lives matter," they will be held accountable for the fact that their 13% of the population commits 35% of the crime.

Where are you getting the bolded above? I found numbers from college enrollment in 2013 that show a very different tale. I doubt it would have changed that much over four years but do you have more current information illustrating this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies