Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2017, 09:13 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,087,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Are you paid by the Kochs or Waltons?

It's really hard for me to imagine a regular citizen pushing for more debt and deficit at the expense of the working person...and that is certainly what you are doing.

Why not, on the other hand, eliminate ALL taxes on working Americans and raise them on Corporations? This would be more in keeping with the ideals of our founders (who didn't believe in BS theories they read on web sites, etc.).

You are making up your "unbeatable" BS from thin air. Vast numbers of corporations pay ZERO in tax and they are not "unbeatable" and somehow making our debt and deficit disappear. 40% of the Fortune 500 had at least one year recently when they paid ZERO in tax.

C'mon - at least put forward a reasonable argument. I think I'd have to end my life if I honestly thought the working man was so brainwashed as to push for Corporations to benefit while he suffers. Where the heck did this come from? What normal person wakes up in the morning and thinks "If only Apple paid zero in taxes that would make things better for me and everyone else"?

The US is already "unbeatable" in certain places - for example, Boston (life sciences), Silicon Valley (everything), S. Cal (entertainment, aerospace) and MANY other areas. Surprise - ALL of these areas are highly taxed. Evidence shows just the opposite of what you claim...
All corporate taxes are passed on to their customers through prices of the products they produce. This means it is the people paying those taxes, not the corporations. If you tax only the people, then the prices of products would represent the true value of their production costs. The prices would be lower and because the costs of production is lower means the corporation can more easily afford to expand production when the demand increases. You have just been provided a simplified explanation of how lower corporate taxes stimulate the economy. But you probably won't believe me. Hopefully other readers might.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2017, 09:13 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,361,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Why is a good thing for the govt to have an extra $71 billion?
You think armies, warships, missiles, fighter planes, and bombers grow on trees?

You peaceniks know nothing.

Old 09-06-2017, 09:16 PM

45,229 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
You think armies, warships, missiles, fighter planes, and bombers grow on trees?

You peaceniks know nothing.
Neocons are funny...and always wrong.

Old 09-07-2017, 08:50 AM

18,022 posts, read 27,468,060 times
So Scientology is under the category of religion. Got it.

Old 09-07-2017, 08:53 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,254,101 times
and in ten years...liberals will need something else to tax because they will outspend that money.
Churches do more good for the poor than any government social program.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyweight View Post
Our economy could sure use the money and religion is a lucrative business.

I'd love to see a revenue (gross donations) threshold established where larger churches become taxable entities. The presumption is that these organizations are charitable. However, these mega churches are about lining the pockets of their leadership.

If you want to add an extra $71 billion to the economy, start taxing churches

Old 09-07-2017, 10:50 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
People in Osteen's position pay taxes on their salaries, but the church owns the jets and houses they live in, etc. Guess who gets to use those perks. Not the average parishioner.
A minister pays taxes on the use of a home and any other incidentals that they would use for personal use.

Old 09-07-2017, 11:54 AM

5,461 posts, read 3,235,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Trust in the Lord for what? He sure as hell ain't done a damn thing for me.

Why does the lord let pastors buy jets and mansions with tithes?

Please. Miss me with all that.
God owes you nothing. And perhaps you'd know what He has done for you if you would open your eyes and your heart. Being ungrateful keeps you blind.

Old 09-07-2017, 11:58 AM

5,461 posts, read 3,235,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
All corporate taxes are passed on to their customers through prices of the products they produce. This means it is the people paying those taxes, not the corporations. If you tax only the people, then the prices of products would represent the true value of their production costs. The prices would be lower and because the costs of production is lower means the corporation can more easily afford to expand production when the demand increases. You have just been provided a simplified explanation of how lower corporate taxes stimulate the economy. But you probably won't believe me. Hopefully other readers might.
Exactly. ALL taxes are paid by individuals. ALL of them. Businesses simply factor the cost of their taxes into the prices of their products. WE pay that tax.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies