Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2017, 01:28 PM

45,598 posts, read 27,230,182 times

Advertisements

If I break the law, I will either get fined or go to jail.

I don't understand people's preference to break the law for illegals and dreamers.

If you want to change the law, then put the proper legislators in Congress and do it legally. Then nobody can say anything.

I think the hidden truth is most people don't want DACA. All of this publicity is a sell job to influence others, mask the facts, and keep Obama's regulation that defies existing law and hacks the legislative process.

These are people who are here against the law. If you don't like it - the change the law the right way. Obama short circuited the process with his regulation, which allows Trump to do his re-wiring of that regulation. ObamaCare is the law of the law BECAUSE it was passed through the proper legislative procedure. The majority doesn't like it - too bad. It's here now until it is changed the proper way. That's the way DACA should be.

This whole fiasco is due to a president who choose to short cut the process to get what he wants, and a sizable portion of the population who are willing to cheat and skirt the law to get what they want. These same people will get mad when someone they don't like is able to skirt the law.

It's actually pretty childish...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2017, 01:38 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,643,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post

I don't understand people's preference to break the law for illegals and dreamers.

If you want to change the law, then put the proper legislators in Congress and do it legally. Then nobody can say anything.

I think the hidden truth is most people don't want DACA. All of this publicity is a sell job to influence others, mask the facts, and keep Obama's regulation that defies existing law and hacks the legislative process.

These are people who are here against the law. If you don't like it - the change the law the right way. Obama short circuited the process with his regulation, which allows Trump to do his re-wiring of that regulation. ObamaCare is the law of the law BECAUSE it was passed through the proper legislative procedure. The majority doesn't like it - too bad. It's here now until it is changed the proper way. That's the way DACA should be.

This whole fiasco is due to a president who choose to short cut the process to get what he wants, and a sizable portion of the population who are willing to cheat and skirt the law to get what they want. These same people will get mad when someone they don't like is able to skirt the law.

so you think there is a big conspiracy to con americans into thinking the majority support daca... hmmm, have you considered that it is more likely you are just an outlier who happens to have difficulty accepting that reality?

it is much more likely you are wrong than right, it would require vast resources and cooperation to "trick" the majority into thinking they are just 10% of the pop.... you need to stop and think mate.

Old 09-06-2017, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
so you think there is a big conspiracy to con americans into thinking the majority support daca... hmmm, have you considered that it is more likely you are just an outlier who happens to have difficulty accepting that reality?

it is much more likely you are wrong than right, it would require vast resources and cooperation to "trick" the majority into thinking they are just 10% of the pop.... you need to stop and think mate.
Yes and no...

Yes... in that it's a con job to make others forget how DACA came to be and to forget existing illegal immigration laws.

No... in that we all should be adult enough to follow the laws in place regardless of whether we like them or not.

Old 09-06-2017, 02:05 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,872,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post

i think there is a conspiracy to push americans into accepting DACA, and i think there are a majority of americans that dont support DACA, but i also think that is a small majority. i also think that if congress puts a bill through congress making DACA legal that the majority will accept it without issue.

i also think the biggest reason the majority opposes DACA is not the program itself, but rather they way it was instituted. had obama gone through congress like he should have, and had he pushed it earlier when the democrats could have pushed through just about anything they wanted, i think that now it would have been the rule of law and while people would be grumbling about it, no one would have tried to change it.

as for needing huge resources to trick the people into thinking they are only a small part of the population, that might be right, but then consider the resources that are being used by the left in try and get that message across, all the news agencies out there pushing that agenda, including, but not limited to cnn, msnbc, nbc, abc. cnhn, new york times, huffington post, etc. and all these agencies have their local outlets so you here all this nationally, as well as at the local level.

Old 09-06-2017, 02:09 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,692,373 times
Quote:

So, give us a figure.

Out of X times that you exceed the speed limit, jaywalk, smoke a joint (or someone you know does so), drive buzzed or the thousands of other such breaking of laws and codes.....

How many days of jail have you served or fines paid?

I'm interested because, frankly, I've never met anyone who hasn't broken many laws many times.

(Gambling, etc.)

Old 09-06-2017, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post

i also think the biggest reason the majority opposes DACA is not the program itself, but rather they way it was instituted. had obama gone through congress like he should have, and had he pushed it earlier when the democrats could have pushed through just about anything they wanted, i think that now it would have been the rule of law and while people would be grumbling about it, no one would have tried to change it.
Here is another theory....

The vast "Hate Obama Corporations and Conspiracies" put out so much hate and propaganda that they created false opposition to it.

Old 09-06-2017, 02:16 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,872,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
So, give us a figure.

Out of X times that you exceed the speed limit, jaywalk, smoke a joint (or someone you know does so), drive buzzed or the thousands of other such breaking of laws and codes.....

I'm interested because, frankly, I've never met anyone who hasn't broken many laws many times.

(Gambling, etc.)
this is apples and oranges here. when we citizens break a law, it affects few people, when a president breaks a law, or breaches the constitution, it affects ALL americans.

reality check here though, we are not talking about minor civil laws, we are talking about actually breaching the constitution. what obama did in creating DACA by executive order was to take power he doesnt have. now the left is trying to portray trump as a wannabe dictator, and he may very well be that, but lets be fair here, obama proved BY HIS ACTIONS that is IS a wannabe dictator.

congress makes the laws not the president. that power was given to congress by the founders because they did not want a dictatorship for this country.

Old 09-06-2017, 02:22 PM

Quote:
So, give us a figure.

(Gambling, etc.)
If you want to make it about me - no jailtime, no drugs, no alcohol, no smoking... fined for speeding, running a red light camera. I have gotten two warnings.

The point is that there are laws on the books, and when I am caught it's because I am guilty - BECAUSE there is a book that spells out how I should govern my behavior (supposedly) for the safety of others.

There is a book spelling out how this country is to deal with illegals in the country. If you want to change that procedure - work to elect like minded individuals to serve and change the laws. That's all. Don't support people that want to cheat the system - because in the end, those cheats will come back and bite us.

Quote:
Here is another theory....

The vast "Hate Obama Corporations and Conspiracies" put out so much hate and propaganda that they created false opposition to it.
That's a whole different discussion.... just ask House Rep. Saclise.

Old 09-06-2017, 02:25 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,279,369 times
Quote:

Are you referring to the Muslim travel ban? Or the military transgender ejection?

Old 09-06-2017, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
this is apples and oranges here. when we citizens break a law, it affects few people, when a president breaks a law, or breaches the constitution, it affects ALL americans.

reality check here though, we are not talking about minor civil laws, we are talking about actually breaching the constitution. what obama did in creating DACA by executive order was to take power he doesnt have. now the left is trying to portray trump as a wannabe dictator, and he may very well be that, but lets be fair here, obama proved BY HIS ACTIONS that is IS a wannabe dictator.

congress makes the laws not the president. that power was given to congress by the founders because they did not want a dictatorship for this country.
Oh, now it's about YOUR PERSONAL interpretation of the Constitution?
Reality Check, We don't each get to do that.

Funny - all the constitutional scholars I listened to yesterday said Obama could do it, Trump could undo it - and Trump could redo it. That's consistent.

I suppose you have the SCOTUS case on this to prove your statement...or, again, are you on the court and in the Majority who made the decisions (or lack of)...

Just because you think or "feel" or are told something is unconstitutional doesn't mean you are correct. Remember - the SCOTUS determined the following:

1. That Blacks, Free or Slave, were not Americans (Dred Scott)
2. That forced sterilization was constitutional.
3. That segregation was constitutional
4. That things you and your wife, GF or boyfriend do in your bedroom are unconstitutional.
5. That Child Labor was constitutonal
6. That counting the votes of the people was unconstitutional (Gore v Bush)
7. That Corporations are People and unlimited corporate money, power and influence in politics is constitutional.

Do you believe in all these laws?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies