Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2017, 06:42 PM

3,594 posts, read 1,795,576 times

Advertisements

How can you still support the left? They've gone so far left that they're anti-working class. Trump is probably the most pro-union working class Republican candidate ever. The left is now trying to destroy the working class. They have opened our borders and signed these terrible trade deals. We need you guys to stand up to your party leadership and say NO, we aren't supporting this open border, anti-union, anti-constitution nonsense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2017, 07:50 PM

32,072 posts, read 15,077,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cttransplant85 View Post
How can you still support the left? They've gone so far left that they're anti-working class. Trump is probably the most pro-union working class Republican candidate ever. The left is now trying to destroy the working class. They have opened our borders and signed these terrible trade deals. We need you guys to stand up to your party leadership and say NO, we aren't supporting this open border, anti-union, anti-constitution nonsense.
Trump is a chameleon. You never know what his agenda is. So saying he's pro union is skeptical. Republicans have never been pro union.

Old 09-15-2017, 08:00 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,947,214 times
Quote:
If I were a Dem, I am a Texas Liberal though, I would still not trust Trump. I do disagree with the violence and some other things on the far left agenda, but that said I also know to not completely trust the Repubs and especially those that change their opinion based on what suits them best at the moment. No, this Liberal will never trust trump nor join his camp.

Old 09-15-2017, 08:02 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,554,711 times
Quote:

Who's "we?"

Old 09-15-2017, 09:06 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 26 days ago)

29,571 posts, read 16,556,695 times
Quote:
Trump isnt pro union or pro working class at leasnt not in the context you are using, and the Republcans have always been more pro free trade than Democrats.

Old 09-15-2017, 09:41 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,097,684 times
Quote:
"the left"

What a load of utter **** any post that starts by making an argument that the left as a whole believes something. Utter ****. Useless, vapid garbage. Lazy political theory, at best.

The assumption here is that the right wing supports the working class more than the left wing. Ok. This begs the question; what exactly is the difference between left wing and right wing? See, I have an answer prepared for that, but rather than sharing, I'm going to make you answer the question. You won't, and if you do, the answer will probably be about as good as your OP (which if you couldn't tell by my opening statements, isn't a good argument).

There's also the assumption here that the Democratic party is somehow "the left." The establishment of said party, you say, is anti-working class, therefore you reason that the left is anti-working class (an argument that hinges on what you mean by left and right; so you do have to explain for you argument to be considered of any use at all). But Bernie Sanders is likely pro-working class, and he's considered far left by most. So... how is the issue with the left?

Basically, I ask a question (what do you mean by left and right) already knowing your answer will be **** based on everything you've already posted. But I believe in debate, so I invite you to prove me wrong. Let's see if you have a sensible explanation for why "the left" is the issue here.

Old 09-15-2017, 09:44 PM

122 posts, read 65,076 times
But they said they were going to teach the "stupid coal miners" how to be computer programmers.

Old 09-15-2017, 10:18 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,946,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
If I were a Dem, I am a Texas Liberal though, I would still not trust Trump. I do disagree with the violence and some other things on the far left agenda, but that said I also know to not completely trust the Repubs and especially those that change their opinion based on what suits them best at the moment. No, this Liberal will never trust trump nor join his camp.
Same here. I said on the other thread, Dems need to extract as much as they can from Trump, then throw him under the proverbial bus. The time for Dems to "play nice" and "take the high road" is over.

Old 09-15-2017, 10:42 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,667,797 times
Quote:
Good God! Thanks for the heads up. When did the Dems open up the border? Can you give me more info on when that bill was passed and when Trump signed it into law?
Hallelujah, it's good to know the republicans are supporting the Unions now. They must be all for the 15.00 minimum wage too for non union.
I hear Trump will have all his family's products made in America now by union employees. Including Trump Ties, suits, shoes, luxury bar utensils and Trump steaks. He also promised to hire only Americans for his luxury properties by 2022. A real step forward for the American worker.
I heard Trump was going to put all 80 thousand coal miners who lost their jobs to natural gas and hydro power back to work any day now. Those carrier jobs he saved, what a miracle that was.
The better, cheaper, more comprehensive health care he promised and passed for the middle class worker is probably the jewel in the crown of his gold plated toilet seat.

Good to know all the good things Trump has done for the working class since election. How much has your paycheck gone up personally, since he's been in office? How many people do you personally know who have benefited directly from the actions of Donald John Trump?

Just curious.

Old 09-15-2017, 10:43 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,103,684 times
There is no such thing as a blue dog Dem anymore
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies