Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2017, 08:20 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,832,289 times

Advertisements

I hear Amazon is running a special on long black trench coats and wraparound sunglasses. Now you too can be "The One"!

Revel in the adoration of the masses as they are awestruck by your deep, impressive philosophical ideas derived from a 90's action movie! Now you can finally be the coolest kid.. erm.. guy at your Friday night cyberpunk roleplaying tabletop game session!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2017, 08:21 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 26 days ago)

27,645 posts, read 16,125,463 times
Yet the left will continue to resort to name calling and identity politics.

Old 09-13-2017, 08:25 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,588,356 times
I know some hippie generation liberals that dont "get" the younger ones on things like safe spaces and limiting free speech. Some things are in common like gay marriage and progressive taxes.

Anarchist thugs dont fit the mindset either but they never have.

Old 09-13-2017, 08:44 AM

1,348 posts, read 792,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
I talk to Millennials, and read about some of their plight, many on here. The ones that aren't running around pretending to be Antifa, or Occupy Whatever say their priorities are:

1. Jobs where they can utilize their college degrees with better pay, and benefits,
2. Lower cost of living, lower taxes, etc..
3. Opportunity for advancement.
4. Good quality of life, standard of living, and recreational opportunities.

Things many of us want, and strived for out of school. If they are serious, they will have to stop pretending to be SJW at ALL COST, stop obsessing over race, sexism, LGBT, Global Warming, etc, and work for a better life, and that means supporting more conservative VALUES.
Nailed it again, Pilot. When you can get young liberals to calm down from their near constant state of reactionary hysteria, they often are reasonable and grasp the primary priorities of most people.

But, their whacked-out Party of today (they were not such hyper-ventilating lunatics in the Bill Clinton era) very much understands how to psychologically manipulate them and they do so constantly. I guess their life experience is just still too limited to recognize that they are being played. But, it is maddening to watch, especially when people try to clue them in to what is actually happening and they refuse to see it. It's exactly like engaging with the acolytes of a religious cult.

Hey, I was an inexperienced 20-something once too. But, the difference for myself/peers is we were open-minded and understood that we were learning about the world so we didn't have the hard-core, intractable views of things. Pretty bizarre that many young people today seem to think they have it all figured out. Not even close.

Old 09-13-2017, 08:57 AM

85 posts, read 56,753 times
If the left wants to win again then they need to dump black lives matter and the alt left antifa terrorist groups. This crap about white people owe blacks a home because of some imaginary slavery myth that people who never owned slaves owe people who were never slaves money needs to be put in the dumpster where it belongs. If you want a home you can do what I did, work 7 days a week for 20 years. I was given nothing. And I owe blacks nothing. So one of the big reasons Hillary lost was because of her and the left pending to the BLM BS and calling the middle of the country racists.

Old 09-13-2017, 09:46 AM

1,348 posts, read 792,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicojack View Post
If the left wants to win again then they need to dump black lives matter and the alt left antifa terrorist groups. This crap about white people owe blacks a home because of some imaginary slavery myth that people who never owned slaves owe people who were never slaves money needs to be put in the dumpster where it belongs. If you want a home you can do what I did, work 7 days a week for 20 years. I was given nothing. And I owe blacks nothing. So one of the big reasons Hillary lost was because of her and the left pending to the BLM BS and calling the middle of the country racists.
calicojack - you're absolutely right but, here's the thing I ask quite seriously: when you strip away all of that ridiculous radical garbage that is so prevalent on the Left today, what is the platform and the values of that Party?

I'm left to deduce that they engage in that stuff because the DNC, in fact, does not have a solid platform. It's like a waterbed...it rolls around all over the place trying to find solidity and stability but it can't because they aren't anchored to anything substantial, like principles, facts and reason.

I'm thinking that Party is either swirling the drain or they are going to have to do a massive re-vamp with fresh, realistic people in the Party who develop a set of fundamental values that make sense to most Americans. And ditch Pelosi, Schumer, Sanders, etc. who are stuck in old ruts.

Old 09-13-2017, 09:55 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,833,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
there are at least a couple of these types here. good on them.
Yep, this election was a real eye opener. No honest person can stand by and accept what the dems want to do to this great country.

Their lies (AA, racism, illegal immigration, wealth redistribution, healthcare etc) are just so blatantly obvious, that one cannot just stand on the sidelines any more.

We are not a communist country, but soon will headed in that direction if the dems have their way (importing votes).

Old 09-13-2017, 09:59 AM

16,215 posts, read 11,331,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel Crazy View Post
I'm left to deduce that they engage in that stuff because the DNC, in fact, does not have a solid platform. It's like a waterbed...it rolls around all over the place trying to find solidity and stability but it can't because they aren't anchored to anything substantial, like principles, facts and reason.
There's a parallel here in the origins of the Libertarian movement/Party, which traces most of its origins to campus conservative groups alienated from the traditional conservative mainstream by unquestioning nationalism, the Vietnam debacle and the draft. The social liberalism inherent in the young mixed with an ideological perspective heavily influenced by Ayn Rand and the Objectivists, but an embrace of "soft" superficially-attractive issues such as marijuana legalization and the treatment of an expanding collection of "sexual minorities" has diminished its consistency -- as "real world" issues are prone to do.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 09-13-2017 at 10:17 AM..

Old 09-13-2017, 03:55 PM

24,484 posts, read 17,220,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
I can only assume that most conservatives are basically reformed liberals. The vast-majority of young people are liberal.

The hippies of the 60's, are now the old conservatives that young liberals wish would die.

I don't think any of this is "new". As you get older, and as get more experience/knowledge, you tend to become more conservative. There has never been any place or any time in history where people generally become more liberal as they got older.

Why? Did they get red-pilled? Who cares?

Many Liberals are actually Conservatives that haven't been mugged yet.

Old 09-13-2017, 04:15 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,573,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
As you get older, and as get more experience/knowledge, you tend to become more conservative. There has never been any place or any time in history where people generally become more liberal as they got older.
Hence the saying, "When you are young, if you aren't a liberal you have no heart. When you are old, if you aren't conservative you have no brain."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies