Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2017, 08:37 AM

34,286 posts, read 18,667,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Agreed.

You like an actor for their roles in the movies, or a singer for their voice or musical talent. They seem like a really nice, friendly person on the Late Night talk shows. Then they show up at an awards show to collect their entertainment trophy, and... gone was this nice person you thought you knew, and the real person turns out to be this petty, mean spirited, spiteful, hate-filled partisan political hack, spewing venom.

The sad thing is, they are usually spewing old, ignorant false assumptions, or conspiracy kook talking points, that had be discounted as completely false months ago, and yet these idiots fully believe them.

^^^^This. It is disappointing, and I find myself rarely watching anything on the mainstream media, especially newer movies, or TV shows. Hollywood is shooting themselves in the foot, and alienating a LARGE part of their potential audience. They lost me a long time ago, and I am sure many others. Their ratings, and ultimately their income will reflect this fact. I am not going to pay people to tell me how bad my country is, and how horrible we are as a society/country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2017, 08:42 AM
JRR

8,187 posts, read 5,702,971 times
Dang, Colbert really got under the skin of some people. I almost feel that I need to get a cloth and wipe some of the spittle off of my screen. Gee whiz, it is a TV show; why not just ignore it if you don't like it and get on with other things instead of getting so worked up.

Old 09-18-2017, 08:42 AM

25,877 posts, read 16,591,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
^^^^This. It is disappointing, and I find myself rarely watching anything on the mainstream media, especially newer movies, or TV shows. Hollywood is shooting themselves in the foot, and alienating a LARGE part of their potential audience. They lost me a long time ago, and I am sure many others. Their ratings, and ultimately their income will reflect this fact. I am not going to pay people to tell me how bad my country is, and how horrible we are as a society/country.
No kidding. Actors on twitter saying they are hoping for "all black actors to win" They are so clueless they do not realize just how racist that is. They are so caught up in their group lunacy they have forgotten any values they ever had. Maybe it's the casting couch sex they peform or the group orgies that damages their brains, I have no idea.

Old 09-18-2017, 08:44 AM

25,877 posts, read 16,591,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
Dang, Colbert really got under the skin of some people. I almost feel that I need to get a cloth and wipe some of the spittle off of my screen. Gee whiz, it is a TV show; why not just ignore it if you don't like it and get on with other things instead of getting so worked up.
If I run into someone who actually watched it I'll let you know if he actually "got under their skin"

Old 09-18-2017, 08:47 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,067,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycaller23 View Post
I thought it was quite funny that headlines about the Emmy awards mentioned Trump more than any of the names that won anything.

Looks like "Trump won" yet again on another front
All the headlines I've seen have been about the winners, Trump was barely mentioned last night.

Old 09-18-2017, 08:54 AM
JRR

8,187 posts, read 5,702,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
If I run into someone who actually watched it I'll let you know if he actually "got under their skin"
Apparently he didn't even need for you to watch it to get under yours

Old 09-18-2017, 08:57 AM

38,197 posts, read 22,280,614 times
Quote:
No kidding. Actors on twitter saying they are hoping for "all black actors to win" They are so clueless they do not realize just how racist that is. They are so caught up in their group lunacy they have forgotten any values they ever had. Maybe it's the casting couch sex they perform or the group orgies that damages their brains, I have no idea.
Hollywood is run by these liberal Democrats, and yet they are saying they are so racist that they are not presenting awards to people of color because they are racist bigots.

It's also highly insulting, as if people of color can't get performance awards unless the mean old white people give them to them as a sign of contrition.

Old 09-18-2017, 09:02 AM

45,675 posts, read 24,097,122 times
Quote:
It was under the skin of some of my conservative friends even before it aired. Look at this thread -- this started before it aired.

Oh it irked the conservative crowd big time......

And therein lies the irony. If it really doesn't matter about these celebrities why are so many posts on this board, so many tweets, articles done about how irrelevant celebrities are.......

Talk about stuff that's relevant then. Look at the list on this board -- Robert Deniro, Stephen Colbert, Anthony Bourdain, etc. etc. Sure obsessed with what the celebrities have to say.

3,100 posts, read 3,309,096 times
Well, most people in entertainment are liberal, barring maybe some country music singers and a handful of actors. Everything else in regards to movies, tv shows, video games, and music....pretty much liberal. And there's a reason for that, you have to have a semblance of creativity meshed with open mindedness.

2,212 posts, read 1,077,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Agreed.

You like an actor for their roles in the movies, or a singer for their voice or musical talent. They seem like a really nice, friendly person on the Late Night talk shows. Then they show up at an awards show to collect their entertainment trophy, and... gone was this nice person you thought you knew, and the real person turns out to be this petty, mean spirited, spiteful, hate-filled partisan political hack, spewing venom.

The sad thing is, they are usually spewing old, ignorant false assumptions, or conspiracy kook talking points, that had been discounted as completely false months ago, and yet these idiots fully believe them.
Rosie O'Donnell comes to mind when I read your post.
When she first came on the air she was such a nice person up until politics started coming out of her mouth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies