Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2017, 08:58 AM

16,565 posts, read 10,669,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
OK - explain what you think "Dems" want. Please include whatever border protection you believe Dems would accept,
They are prepared to accept the planting of a hedge on the border, provided that it is kept trimmed to a height of no more than 3 feet, and includes gaps of at least 3 feet wide, spaced no greater than every 20 feet.

Quote:
their Sanctuary City policy and deportation policy.
Sanctuary jurisdictions shall be strictly limited to those whose official legal names include the words "City" or "County" or "Township" or "State" or "Commonwealth."

Voting Republican, or attending a Trump rally, shall be the only grounds for deportment.

Quote:
Don't forget about the de-facto Leader of the "Dreamers" and his threats to "Shut Down the Government" if he doesn't get exactly what he wants.

House Democrats are prepared to threaten a government shutdown in December unless Congress adopts protections for Dreamers, a senior member of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus said Friday.|Politico

Old 09-20-2017, 09:51 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,279,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
What people need to take notice of is the people shouting her down were DEMANDING not just the DACA people be taken care of, oh no no no, they DEMANDED all Illegals get amnesty.
You always demand everything. That's the way it works.

Old 09-20-2017, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
And you know that you can be ticketed for driving 5 mph over the speed limit. And yet, you do it anyway. Why? Because you know that the odds of being pulled over are so remote that it's worth it to you to accept the minuscule risk in order to shave some time off your trip.

Same with the illegals. They know that the soft-on-crime liberals have their back, so they can move about with impunity in their sanctuary cities and flaunt our immigration laws, with very little risk of consequences.
Things were no different when Bush was president.

Old 09-20-2017, 07:43 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,043,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
You always demand everything. That's the way it works.
I know right? I'm more of the opinion that DACA people should be more reflective of the position they were given by Obama and show their worth to the country instead of how nasty and loud/disrespectful they can get. If I really wanted something from somebody who really doesn't HAVE to give it to me and IN fact is doing me a BIG favor the last thing I'm going to do is insult,yell and demand things that I've got no right to get (all while waving a Mexican Flag).

But hey, that's just me...

Old 09-20-2017, 07:46 PM

Quote:
I know right? I'm more of the opinion that DACA people should be more reflective of the position they were given by Obama and show their worth to the country instead of how nasty and loud/disrespectful they can get.
I don't think Pelosi deserves respect from anyone.

Quote:
If I really wanted something from somebody who really doesn't HAVE to give it to me and IN fact is doing me a BIG favor the last thing I'm going to do is insult,yell and demand things that I've got no right to get (all while waving a Mexican Flag).

In general I wouldn't disagree. Pelosi is untrustworthy and I have to give it to people who are willing to point that out even if it hurt them.

We need new leadership badly.

Old 09-21-2017, 07:43 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,043,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I don't think Pelosi deserves respect from anyone.

In general I wouldn't disagree. Pelosi is untrustworthy and I have to give it to people who are willing to point that out even if it hurt them.

We need new leadership badly.
We've needed that for years. The problem is, given how nasty,down and dirty and two faced as well as expensive it is to even run for local office nowadays why would good people who aren't all of that want to bother?
Term limits for all would be a good start.

Old 09-21-2017, 11:13 AM

17,455 posts, read 9,288,681 times
Quote:
I know right? I'm more of the opinion that DACA people should be more reflective of the position they were given by Obama and show their worth to the country instead of how nasty and loud/disrespectful they can get. If I really wanted something from somebody who really doesn't HAVE to give it to me and IN fact is doing me a BIG favor the last thing I'm going to do is insult,yell and demand things that I've got no right to get (all while waving a Mexican Flag).

I think many of the DACA people are grateful, not all of course, as there are certainly many who have an inflated sense of Entitlement. You have to remember that the Leftists have LIED to these people for decades on the premise that IF they could convince them that ONLY the Left could give them anything they have wished for, and many things they never considered ...... THEN the entire Hispanic/Latino population would be OWNED by the LEFT. This worked (and is still working today) for the vast majority of the Black Population.

Now the radicals within the Hispanic/Latino population believe they are "untouchable" and will actually get all this stuff they Leftists have been promising them forever. Add to that toxic mess - the Narcoficante and Gangs from Central America have steadily been moving in to get their "cut".

That's exactly why they are now protesting for all 11 Million and all their family that is still in Mexico.
They actually believe the Hype that the Leftists keep spouting - that Demographics will soon make THEM the majority int he USA and THEY will control the USA.

LA RAZA - ReConquista

Old 09-21-2017, 11:26 AM

Quote:
We've needed that for years. The problem is, given how nasty,down and dirty and two faced as well as expensive it is to even run for local office nowadays why would good people who aren't all of that want to bother?
Term limits for all would be a good start.
Good people do not need a ton of money to win. Many good people do not want to put their families through the attacks though.

Old 09-21-2017, 12:01 PM

6,160 posts, read 5,725,394 times
The main problem I see with DACA is that it further encourages illegals to bring their children here. Why bother going the legal route when your child will be able to apply for DACA status after some time?

Old 09-21-2017, 12:05 PM

21,487 posts, read 10,600,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I feel like they are shouting down the wrong person.
Not really. Seems like someone has realized that they had a super majority in 2009 and 2010, and didn't bother passing amnesty. It was pretty stupid on their part because the Dema have lost so much power since then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies