Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2017, 09:58 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,611,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
The service animals and the support animal situations have gotten out of hand. It's become too much of a "I" is more important than "they" are. In all my years in the military we never had the K-9 units bring their dogs to the tables to eat with the people. If people want to bring animals with them into restaurants then IMO give them what was at one time the smoking sections.
well, in all fairness, when you were in the military, you were not disabled.

Not many dogs are qualified to be "service dogs". You don't see them on daily basis either. My brother's restaurant is run by veterans, even we don't see service dogs all the time. If we see one, it is not a big deal. They are very quiet and well behaved. None is dirty.

One of my friends is 80% disabled, no arm, half of the face is black. Even he cannot get a service dog. (in all fairness, he perhaps doesn't want one) Many of the dogs are not service dogs. This is the problem.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 09-20-2017 at 10:09 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2017, 10:12 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
People are crazy. Once you realize that, stuff like this makes sense.

Yeah, pretty much.

Old 09-20-2017, 10:13 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,753,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well, in all fairness, when you were in the military, you were not disabled.

Not many dogs are qualified to be "service dogs". You don't see them on daily basis either. My brother's restaurant is run by veterans, even we don't see service dogs all the time. If we see one, it is not a big deal. They are very quiet and well behaved. None is dirty.
First of all, how do know if I'm disabled or not? The only items I've posted in relation to my military career is that I was a US Marine, I was in Lebanon, I was at the barracks bombing and that I learned how to fly but the sudden stop wasn't too enjoyable. You figure it out.

As to service animals, I've made my statement and that's it. I've owned dogs for decades and its never entered my mind to take a dog with me into a eating establishment.

Old 09-20-2017, 10:14 PM

Quote:
First of all, how do know if I'm disabled or not? The only items I've posted in relation to my military career is that I was a US Marine, I was in Lebanon, I was at the barracks bombing and that I learned how to fly but the sudden stop wasn't too enjoyable. You figure it out.

As to service animals, I've made my statement and that's it. I've owned dogs for decades and its never entered my mind to take a dog with me into a eating establishment.
I said, "When you were in the military, you were not disabled."

When you were IN THE MILITARY. Are you saying you were disabled when you were in the military? please.

Service dogs are for the disabled people. Nobody should take their pets to the restaurants.

You posted, "In all my years in the military we never had the K-9 units bring their dogs to the tables to eat with the people." and you guys are not supposed to, those K-9 unit dogs are not service dogs for the disabled people. Let's not compare apples to oranges here.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 09-20-2017 at 10:23 PM..

Old 09-20-2017, 10:23 PM

30,639 posts, read 18,235,725 times
What a loon. She clearly has mental problems.

Old 09-20-2017, 10:26 PM

Quote:
I said, "When you were in the military, you were not disabled."

When you were IN THE MILITARY. Are you saying you were disabled when you were in the military? please.

Service dogs are for disabled people. Nobody should take their pets in the restaurants.
Now think real hard... Ready? If a person is in a explosion and their body is shot at a high angle into the air with a lot of force and land with a sudden stop are they going to be injured. So does that translate in your narrow view that I was no longer in the military a second after it occurred? If I became disabled or not is really none of yours and anyone's business.

Old 09-20-2017, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Now think real hard... Ready? If a person is in a explosion and their body is shot at a high angle into the air with a lot of force and land with a sudden stop are they going to be injured. So does that translate in your narrow view that I was no longer in the military a second after it occurred? If I became disabled or not is really none of yours and anyone's business.
dude, you posted

"In all my years in the military we never had the K-9 units bring their dogs to the tables to eat with the people."

don't compare apples to oranges, those k-9 units are not service dogs for the disabled.

We are talking about service dogs for the disabled people here. The bottom line is people get a service dog (not a comfort dog or a pet) for a reason. It is not like they have an astonishing sense of entitlement.

Old 09-20-2017, 10:45 PM

Quote:
dude, you posted

"In all my years in the military we never had the K-9 units bring their dogs to the tables to eat with the people."

don't compare apples to oranges, those k-9 units are not service dogs for the disabled.

We are talking about service dogs for the disabled people here. The bottom line is people get a service dog (not a comfort dog or a pet) for a reason. It is not like they have an astonishing sense of entitlement.
When it comes to where humans eat in an enclosed area, IMPOV animals do not belong there. I know many people from the military from numerous generations and not one one has ever brought an animal when we've met at an enclosed eating establishment. And I can tell you many of us have been through numerous bloody situations that would make nearly any civilian have involuntary convulsions by simply hearing it.

Old 09-20-2017, 10:48 PM

Quote:
When it comes to where humans eat in an enclosed area, IMPOV animals do not belong there. I know many people from the military from numerous generations and not one one has ever brought an animal when we've met at an enclosed eating establishment. And I can tell you many of us have been through numerous bloody situations that would make nearly any civilian have involuntary convulsions by simply hearing it.
well, if one is qualified to get a service dog, in my opinion, they should get a service dog.

It has nothing to do with civilian vs military, you vs me.

This veteran has a service dog, I can tell how this service dog helped him. Who am I to tell him "you shouldn't take this dog to the restaurant?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0y_a_V1QD3U

Getting a service dog is an individual choice. Seeking help takes a lot of courage. Just because somebody have been through "bloody situations" doesn't mean he or she knows how to seek help, just saying. (not implying anything here. )

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 09-20-2017 at 11:08 PM..

Old 09-20-2017, 10:56 PM

25,848 posts, read 16,532,741 times
I would take the 4 legged animal over the 2 legged one who won't shut up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies