Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2017, 09:59 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
Don't really understand your point, but I'm happily married to a calm and rational man who would never publically melt down like that, and wouldn't support my doing it, either. We call it "decorum". Only crass and classless people confront their problems that way.
The only time to leave a loved one is when you're leaving for good. That's my point. A situation like that and the man leaves? He isn't a man. You don't bail on your wife in a situation like that. You don't leave.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2017, 10:05 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,508,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
The only time to leave a loved one is when you're leaving for good. That's my point. A situation like that and the man leaves? He isn't a man. You don't bail on your wife in a situation like that. You don't leave.
Lulz. I read your post in Wilford Brimley's voice. I couldn't help it. Sorry.

Old 09-21-2017, 10:08 AM

6,915 posts, read 3,953,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idr591 View Post
People ordering "emotional support animal" vests online are ruining it for people who genuinely need service dogs. Personally, I get a pit peed off when I see people walking around with their "service dogs" in hospitals and restaurants.
THIS!!! I never remember this topic being such a bone of contention before ESAs started becoming more common. I told off one woman on Facebook, in the comment thread of an article about this very incident, because she admitted that she had gotten her cat certified as an ESA "to avoid paying the pet fee" at her apartment complex. Not a valid reason!

Old 09-21-2017, 10:16 AM

7,736 posts, read 4,990,052 times
Here is the woman's information ...... Apparently she is pulling the race card now and saying the dogs butt was in her face. The owner is stating that the dog is trained to stay on the ground.

Looks like she probably gonna have to move now... since her info is out.. I would not expect long before she becomes a target

https://everipedia.org/wiki/ciara-miller/

Old 09-21-2017, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
I think the woman has a point, he not blind.
Blindness is not the ONLY disability that a service dog can alleviate. Deafness, balance issues, there are dogs that can sense when a person is having blood sugar issues or is about to have an epileptic seizure. I used to work with a woman in a wheel chair who had a service dog as well, and the place where we worked fell over themselves to make sure she was accommodated - there was a bed for him so he could relax while she was working (we were doing data entry on computers), and there was someone to walk the dog for her so she wouldn't have to clock out in order to do it herself.

Read and learn:

PTSD Service Dogs

Old 09-21-2017, 10:20 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,653,986 times
she must really like their food.

I'm not a fan of animals in food establishments but I would just leave if I saw a dog in a restaurant

Old 09-21-2017, 10:22 AM

Quote:
When she is acting like a raving idiot in public in a situation where FEDERAL LAW is not on her side, you certainly do leave her. Walk away and let her walk home. Maybe by the time she gets home she will have reflected and realized that she was acting completely out of bounds. She embarrassed both of them.

Old 09-21-2017, 10:22 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,353,683 times
The woman has apparent issues, it was nothing to freak out over, she seems to have no self control over her emotions.

Old 09-21-2017, 10:28 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
she must really like their food.

I'm not a fan of animals in food establishments but I would just leave if I saw a dog in a restaurant
I'm not a fan either but I would have sat as far away as possible. If that still felt too close, I would have left, like you would have done.

These vets aren't being taken care of properly. Many of them are having to do tour after tour and by the time they return they're a wreck. Many have drug problems. This is one dog. I'd rather be me than the guy in need of a support dog.

This woman could use some compassion which shouldn't fly out the window because people are abusing a different system that allows every self-entitled dog owner to take their dogs everywhere. I saw an article a few months ago about the number of dogs being taken on planes and one of the people commenting under it said he was guilty of getting a vest online but added, 'it's because my wife and I wouldn't be able to travel half as much if we had to pay to fly our dog'. So rather than do the right thing, this idiot acts like he has an issue and takes the dog on every monthly flight he says they take.

Everything is about me me me with some people.

Old 09-21-2017, 10:34 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
Quote:
thhh...
you take them by the arm and gently and lovingly help them separate from the situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies