Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Were Trump's Tweets Attacking Puerto Rico Justified?
YES. San Juan Mayor Carmen Cruz's comments against Trump were exaggerated and she deserved a harsh reply. 105 36.71%
NO. Trump's tweets were heartless and mean, given that many PR residents have no water, food, gas, cell phone service, and no medical supplies. 181 63.29%
Voters: 286. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2017, 03:49 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,282,368 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
This has nothing to do with the left but rather Trump being an immature idiot
Actually you’re wrong. The attacks have been non stop, from having one extra scoop of ice cream to the shoes the First Lady wore in one of the disasters.

I’ll be the first to say Trump has serious issues but when every single thing is attacked, it just makes it apparent that the left just wants to criticize and undermine.

There’s blame on both sides and the mayor calling it genocide is a bit over the top. Some news agencies are reporting that the destroyed infrastructure is making the transportation of relief supplies difficult. How is that Trump’s fault?

Old 09-30-2017, 03:51 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,633,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
What a crock this thread is and the biased thread title. Notice the word attributed to Trump is "attacks" while the OP downplays what the San Juan Mayor does as being only "mean."

The truth is that the San Juan Mayor is the one that attacked Trump first. Trump is responding back at her attacks. Every bit of what Trump said is true. The democrat mayor failed her city and now they try to blame Trump, the easy scapegoat. Trump has every right to point this out.

You haters are such a joke. Everyone that's not a hater can see right through your chicanery.
I am not surprised in the least that the left wing loons are feigning outrage over lies. Using distorted and misleading and downright LIES to promote their hatred. They have been doing it for the last 2 years:

Example 1: Mr Kahn, while speaking at the DNC convention, makes several accusations against Trump. And when Trump responds to the accusation, the dopey media reports "TRUMP ATTACKS GOLD STAR FAMILY!!!!"

Example 2: Trump, while speaking to a group of veterans, answers a question about PTSD, Trump says that many soldiers have seen a lot of terrible things in combat, things that some PEOPLE (not soldiers, PEOPLE) cannot handle. And what does the fake news media report? "TRUMP "APPEARS TO SUGGEST" THAT SOLDIERS ARE WEAK AND CANT HANDLE IT!!!" A total lie. Take a look at this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xy02Dy4SybA

Old 09-30-2017, 03:53 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,544,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Go find it yourself. There are plenty.
I couldn't find the link to all your alternative facts!

Old 09-30-2017, 03:55 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,499,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
I couldn't find the link to all your alternative facts!
I couldn't find links either.

Old 09-30-2017, 03:56 PM

33,587 posts, read 18,177,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
I am not surprised in the least that the left wing loons are feigning outrage over lies. Using distorted and misleading and downright LIES to promote their hatred. They have been doing it for the last 2 years:

Example 1: Mr Kahn, while speaking at the DNC convention, makes several accusations against Trump. And when Trump responds to the accusation, the dopey media reports "TRUMP ATTACKS GOLD STAR FAMILY!!!!"

Example 2: Trump, while speaking to a group of veterans, answers a question about PTSD, Trump says that many soldiers have seen a lot of terrible things in combat, things that some PEOPLE (not soldiers, PEOPLE) cannot handle. And what does the fake news media report? "TRUMP "APPEARS TO SUGGEST" THAT SOLDIERS ARE WEAK AND CANT HANDLE IT!!!" A total lie. Take a look at this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xy02Dy4SybA
They know there arguments are for the weak minded. Only the dumb believe CNN.

Old 09-30-2017, 03:57 PM

51,655 posts, read 25,850,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
I couldn't find links either.
Me neither.

I couldn't even find any Breitbart, InfoWars, Gateway Pundit, Zero Hedge links.

Zip.

Nada.

Please post links so we can all be enlightened.

Old 09-30-2017, 03:59 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,706,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Are you saying in Puerto Rico there are no CDL drivers with a class A,B,or C endorsement ? I am not dumb. Over three million and no CDL drivers? I had the eye of Irma over my area. I saw how to get things done!
I said no such thing. Someone suggested that reporters drive the containers to the villages. I was responding to that when you inserted yourself with your accusations. I told you that it is unlikely that a reporter & his or her crew would have a commercial trucking license between them. So, apparently, it seems to me that you just don't have a clue or you're trying to pick a fight.

Old 09-30-2017, 04:01 PM

5,004 posts, read 15,358,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
People need to read ALL the tweets not just one. Here ya go!

Puerto Ricans generally have a bad reputation on the East Coast of the US according to friends and relatives who live there. They are used to being taken care of by government, which is probably one reason their country has gone bankrupt, as well as corrupt officials like this mayor. I wonder how much money she is skimming off the top?
This is just too much.

My husband and I were in Puerto Rico last May. The people are very friendly, more so than any i met on travels throughout Mainland. They didn't know is but we're very accomendating. They are hard workers.

You need to keep quiet about things you know nothing about.

I realize people who are on this thread find it very easy to dehumanize people like your leader does.

Old 09-30-2017, 04:01 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,544,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Me neither.

I couldn't even find any Breitbart, InfoWars, Gateway Pundit, Zero Hedge links.

Zip.

Nada.

Please post links so we can all be enlightened.
Taratova must be Kellyanne.

Old 09-30-2017, 04:05 PM

5,004 posts, read 15,358,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats Grobnick View Post
Make sure you tell that to your new Puerto Rican neighbors in the next few years.

Let's see if you sing the same tune in person
What a sad comment. If it weren't for the hurricanes i would have loved to have lived there. Would love them for neighbors.

Last edited by Mattie Jo; 09-30-2017 at 04:29 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies