Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2017, 09:06 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,505,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Of course there is a law. Restrict gun ownership to some reasonable number, like 3. He was only able to finish off so many people because he was able to hop from gun to gun. Outlaw gun sales over the internet. Outlaw magazines or cartridges or whatever they are called, that allow someone to shoot 30 bullets in a few seconds.
Outlaw gun sales over the Internet? Have you ever bought one from the Internet? You have to give an FFL holders address and copy of FFL license holders license in order to have a background check performed. You think they ship guns to your house? Pfft. Nope.

According to the news he didn't hop from gun to gun...

30 round magazines are standard capacity magazines for certain weapons.

He was only able to do what he did because he was firing from defilade...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2017, 09:08 PM

33,567 posts, read 37,179,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by First24 View Post
Maybe you’re right.. It’s been over a year since the U.S.’ last mass shooting.

I’m really not into the gloom of the UK or cold of Canada anyways.

OMG!! Man made islands in the ocean specifically for gun totters. Dude, coolest idea EVERRR!!
Don't watch the news much? According to data from the Gun Violence Archive, a total of 273 mass shooting incidents have occurred so far this year, as of October 2. That's compared to 483 mass shootings in all of 2016.

Mass shootings in the U.S.: Over 270 mass shootings have occurred in 2017 - ABC15 Arizona

Old 10-02-2017, 09:09 PM

10,507 posts, read 4,066,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
And then you fall down the stairs or in the tub or whatever......

Live and let live.
Or someone could shoot up a mall, then run to the suburbs, break into your house while you are sleeping and kill you while he plans his getaway...

Can't live your life in fear.

Old 10-02-2017, 09:09 PM

17,461 posts, read 14,697,920 times
Quote:
Of course there is a law. Restrict gun ownership to some reasonable number, like 3. He was only able to finish off so many people because he was able to hop from gun to gun. Outlaw gun sales over the internet. Outlaw magazines or cartridges or whatever they are called, that allow someone to shoot 30 bullets in a few seconds. Outlaw the sale of kits that allow someone to modify a semi-automatic into an automatic.
I have about 8 guns in my house right now. All are used for different things for the most part.

Are you saying I should have to give up 5 of my guns?

Old 10-02-2017, 09:11 PM

32,118 posts, read 15,107,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Sounds like what the left has been doing with devaluing the lives of unborn children. I suspect you're fine with that though.
Yeah, you want them to be born but don't want to take care of the hundreds of thousands in foster care after they are born But your post has nothing to do with this situation.

Old 10-02-2017, 09:12 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,094,953 times
Quote:
I guess we're just restricted to statements of "thoughts and prayers."
Pretty much. And we are getting so good at it because it's become commonplace. But that's as much of a discussion on gun violence in America as we're allowed to have.

Let's hold candlelight vigils and speak in sorrowful, hushed tones about today's victims of the gun culture.

And in two weeks, let's do it all over again.

And in two weeks, again.

And again.

And again.

Apparently this is what we have come to believe is acceptable life in America.

10,553 posts, read 9,660,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
I have about 8 guns in my house right now. All are used for different things for the most part.

Are you saying I should have to give up 5 of my guns?
What are the 8 different uses of your 8 different guns?

OK, maybe let's just keep the number of guns to below a dozen per person, just some attempt to begin to rein in this epidemic of gun violence. Why NOT try some gun control measures and see what happens? Think of all the lives that could be saved. Nearly one hundred people a day die from gun violence, and many more are injured. If gun violence is not reduced, then revoke the gun control measures.

12,638 posts, read 8,969,607 times
Quote:
Of course there is a law. Restrict gun ownership to some reasonable number, like 3. He was only able to finish off so many people because he was able to hop from gun to gun. Outlaw gun sales over the internet. Outlaw magazines or cartridges or whatever they are called, that allow someone to shoot 30 bullets in a few seconds. Outlaw the sale of kits that allow someone to modify a semi-automatic into an automatic.
Do you really believe this person would have limited himself to 3 guns? My sides.

The only set of laws that would prevent this would be laws enacting a police state. Of course, that's what the left ultimately wants, isn't it?

Old 10-02-2017, 09:16 PM

33,567 posts, read 37,179,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
Nearly 3 times more people are stabbed to death than are killed by firearms every year. Should we ban knives?
Where do you people dig up these falsehoods...

Murders by guns....8,583

Murders by knives and other cutting instruments.....1,694

Old 10-02-2017, 09:17 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,505,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Do you really believe this person would have limited himself to 3 guns? My sides.

The only set of laws that would prevent this would be laws enacting a police state. Of course, that's what the left ultimately wants, isn't it?
3? Only 3? Well crap. I have more than 25 pistols. More than 50 rifles. More than 30 shotguns. All in safes. And I can only have 3?

Shucks.

Okay...

I'll take...
Glock 18 for concealed carry.
MG42 for deer hunting.
M134 mini gun for house protection. Mount that in the hall outside my bedroom door.

If that last one doesn't wake the neighbors...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies