Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2017, 07:57 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,720,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Just how many firearms do you think one person can fire at a time? Do you actually think swapping firearms is faster than a mag swap?

BTW a bull barrel won't heat nearly as fast as a pencil barrel and AKs will literally catch the stock on fire from barrel heat and still fire.
That doesn't matter if one has 23 guns in a 32nd floor hotel room. Solves that problem easily.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2017, 07:57 AM

1,700 posts, read 1,046,123 times
Perhaps a sort of middle of the ground approach based on the original post. Have the concert/large event pay the local police to be on STAND BY. So at least the local swat/heavy weapons/terrorist reaction/etc team is on location and ready, location I mean at the local PD station.

Not sure if that would reduce the cost of it, but that is what I was thinking about, reducing the cost.

Old 10-04-2017, 07:58 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,720,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Well, if we have crisis then the options available are amend the Constitution, hold a Constitutional Convention, ............................ or hold a coup.

Myself, I do not believe with have a constitutional crisis.
Most gun owners don't. Apparently a mentally ill person is a fine gun customer and after all, gun sellers must have made a nice $100K off of Paddock so it's just the "cost of freedom".

Old 10-04-2017, 07:59 AM

23,652 posts, read 14,003,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Most gun owners don't. They think a mentally ill person is a fine gun customer and after all, gun sellers must have made a nice $100K off of Paddock so it's just the "cost of freedom".
Opinion noted.

28,353 posts, read 16,389,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellob View Post
I think it'd cost way more than $1250 to employ a sniper team for 6 hours for an event in a major city. Put some zeros on the end.

I'm certain you are correct.

13,511 posts, read 17,040,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Great. So we have two unworkable solutions - one involving heavily-armed cops literally everywhere and the other involving large social gathering only occurring in the absence of man-made structures. But no solution that says it's maybe a bad idea to make it easy for any guy to own 60 assault rifles that can be converted easily enough to automatic fire?
Powerless anti-government right wing nut jobs 2nd amendment rights supersede your right to a reasonable level of safety..it's right there in that there constitution ya pinko. Alex Jones says this is another false flag to take RWNJ guns.

Old 10-04-2017, 08:01 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,040,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
How are you going to do that with criminals that won't turn them in? The person, not the gun is the problem. The likelihood of anyone being killed in a "mass shooting" like this one, or a terrorist attack is so small that it is ridiculous. Worry about something that can really kill you. People overreact with emotion, and demand we just do stupid things that only make things more difficult for the law abiding.
It's not just the "likelihood". It's the fear that it instills and the cost and inconvenience it causes to try to prevent this kind of thing.

All to make sure a RWNJ can have a garage full of weapons for his anti-government fantasy camp.

Old 10-04-2017, 08:02 AM

50,320 posts, read 47,069,940 times
Our local concert area is set up properly. Flat ground, dug into the dirt and sufficient armed security to stop such a thing if it happened. There is no sniper hide from any distance where someone could shoot.

This is something we'll need to adapt to, sad as it is. Huge gatherings of unarmed people are just targets.

Old 10-04-2017, 08:04 AM

50,320 posts, read 47,069,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
That doesn't matter if one has 23 guns in a 32nd floor hotel room. Solves that problem easily.
Again,, how many guns can someone fire at a time? Is a gun swap faster than a mag swap?

BTW ALL of this guy's guns were bought legally.

Old 10-04-2017, 08:04 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,899,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Powerless anti-government right wing nut jobs 2nd amendment rights supersede your right to a reasonable level of safety..it's right there in that there constitution ya pinko. Alex Jones says this is another false flag to take RWNJ guns.
*sigh* the above wasn't directed to me I know...

but How I hate trying to discuss a topic intelligently in this forum. One guy discussing movies for some reason, another with technical incorrect info about silencers, and then the above.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies