Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2017, 05:47 PM

1,251 posts, read 1,078,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlinak View Post
Really?

What is cool about living in government or government-subsidized housing and having to use a SNAP card to buy your groceries?

Do enlighten us.
It must work fine for some people. Otherwise there wouldn't be 3-4 generations of the same families on it, right? Apparently there isn't much incentive for them to make better life choices.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2017, 05:49 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,956,097 times
Ask the folks in Venezuela who are starving to death under "full liberalism."

Old 10-02-2017, 05:57 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
No free speech. Speak against the liberal government and be killed. Totalitarianism liberalism kills off anyone who speaks against their one sided governing body. Or if they don't kill you,they jail you. No freedoms left. Today they are working for a one sided totalitarian media.

That pretty much sums it ups right! Good Post

Old 10-02-2017, 06:18 PM

18,496 posts, read 9,164,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
I respect what you are saying. I wish everyone who was on public assistance for a while felt like you did.

I had a guy who worked for me full time. Was overweight and diabetic. Otherwise able bodied. He told me he would work for me until he got approved for SSI. And that is exactly what happened. He got around fine and was able to work full time but SSI was so much easier. And there are doctors willing to stretch the truth a bit to help people get their SSI check. I could go on with so many examples.
It's actually not that easy to get disability. My significant other is a disability attorney, and she sees truly disabled people get rejected all the time. If your fat friend got on disability just for being overweight or something, shame on him.

Old 10-02-2017, 09:39 PM

2,359 posts, read 1,035,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post

Wanting to help regular people is greedy? You have just proven my point you value a few more dollars more than helping others.
By all means...if you want to help others, feel free to do it yourself, with your own resources. Nobody is stopping you, except yourself.

But you should remember that the people you are stealing from for the purpose of helping those you deem more deserving have a right to their property as well.

I guess using the government to steal from your neighbors somehow salves what little conscience you may otherwise claim to have.

Old 10-02-2017, 09:56 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,956,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton Miteybad View Post
By all means...if you want to help others, feel free to do it yourself, with your own resources. Nobody is stopping you, except yourself.

But you should remember that the people you are stealing from for the purpose of helping those you deem more deserving have a right to their property as well.

I guess using the government to steal from your neighbors somehow salves what little conscience you may otherwise claim to have.
The generosity of a liberal knows no bounds, so long as the liberal is giving away someone else's money.

Old 10-02-2017, 10:13 PM

385 posts, read 206,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpydove View Post
Who RAISED you like that?? How pathetic! I feel sorry for you wasting your life hating those who work hard and enjoy success and reward for making good decisions. You personify what scares me about this current state of affairs.
Who raises YOU like this? My husband and I work very hard and still live barely paycheck to paycheck, because the wealthy only care about getting richer and not giving others their fair share. You scare me and I am appalled at your ignorance! Plenty of hard working people who make good decisions get shafted every dann day.

Old 10-02-2017, 10:15 PM

385 posts, read 206,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
The generosity of a liberal knows no bounds, so long as the liberal is giving away someone else's money.
Or the selfishness and immorality of a conservative as long as they are taking money from the middle class and poor.

Old 10-02-2017, 10:40 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enduringwone View Post
Who raises YOU like this? My husband and I work very hard and still live barely paycheck to paycheck, because the wealthy only care about getting richer and not giving others their fair share. You scare me and I am appalled at your ignorance! Plenty of hard working people who make good decisions get shafted every dann day.
Fair share? How about YOU work for it instead of stealing from others? And no plenty of hard working people do not make good decisions only to get shafted. You get shafted when you support something that doesn't work. Progressivism is a known failure. Only fools and parasites support that philosophy.

Old 10-02-2017, 10:42 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enduringwone View Post
Or the selfishness and immorality of a conservative as long as they are taking money from the middle class and poor.
Conservatives don't take others money. The ethically and morally bankrupt progressive does that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies