Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2017, 03:10 AM

7,184 posts, read 4,770,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Every day you show us that you have no appreciation for diverse lifestyles, climates or other facets of life beyond what you're told is "ok".

Most of my highschool educated redneck cousins are wayyy more open minded than you are.
The OP has a long history of bashing large cities while extolling the virtues of a dump like Gilbert, AZ.

If the OP is going to dish it out he should be ready to receive in kind
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2017, 12:30 PM

51,655 posts, read 25,843,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
The OP has a long history of bashing large cities while extolling the virtues of a dump like Gilbert, AZ.

If the OP is going to dish it out he should be ready to receive in kind
Thread after thread about the glories of South Dakota, but occasionally branches out.

Sometimes ties it to politics by pointing out the Rs are in charge in these gawdforsaken spots.

Old 10-05-2017, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamsack View Post
I live a bit north of Fargo...from my understanding as of this time it is still designated as level 2. The new Sanford Hospital opened in late July, but trauma is still level 2 there. The hope is level 1 someday with further advances.
You are correct.

Emergency Medicine | Sanford Health

"our Sioux Falls, Fargo and Bismarck Emergency Centers offer Level II Trauma Careā€”the highest level in our regions equipped with advanced, life-saving technology."

Old 10-05-2017, 12:41 PM

https://www.umcsn.com/Medical-Servic...&intPageID=227

"Nevada's Only LEVEL I and Only Pediatric LEVEL II Trauma Center"

Nevada has only one Level 1 Trauma Center and Fargo does not have a single Level 1 Trauma Center.

Old 10-05-2017, 12:42 PM

If your dream is to live in the middle of nowhere near a Level 1 Trauma Center, I would suggest looking into Rochester, MN.

Old 10-05-2017, 12:45 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,836,240 times
Just a bizarre thread lol

Old 10-05-2017, 12:53 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,867,540 times
Upon further review, I guess it is seeking level 1 status.

The fact of the matter remains though that Las Vegas was not ready to handle crisis situations with it's lackluster medical resources compared to most cities.

They certainly did the best they could, but the fact the matter remains they are way, way, way behind for a metropolitan area of it's size.

http://www.kstrauma.org/locations.htm

Two level 1 trauma centers in Wichita with less 1/5th of the population of Clark County.

http://dhhs.ne.gov/publichealth/Nebr...0Hospitals.pdf

Omaha has about 1/5th of the population of Clark County has two level 1 trauma centers.

Old 10-05-2017, 12:54 PM

14,483 posts, read 11,289,544 times
To be strictly technical Boston has five level 1 trauma centers and two level 1 pediatric trauma centers.

But yes, this is the first thing that concerned me when I heard of the massacre and that there was only one L1 in the Las Vegas area. That a lot of people that could be saved may not be.

Old 10-05-2017, 01:00 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,718,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Upon further review, I guess it is seeking level 1 status.

The fact of the matter remains though that Las Vegas was not ready to handle crisis situations with it's lackluster medical resources compared to most cities.

They certainly did the best they could, but the fact the matter remains they are way, way, way behind for a metropolitan area of it's size.

Kansas Department of Health and Environment: Trauma

Two level 1 trauma centers in Wichita with less 1/5th of the population of Clark County.

http://dhhs.ne.gov/publichealth/Nebr...0Hospitals.pdf

Omaha has about 1/5th of the population of Clark County has two level 1 trauma centers.
Can you point to lives or limbs which would have been saved if there had been another Level 1 trauma center in Las Vegas?

By all accounts I've heard they handled the number of victims remarkably well.

Old 10-05-2017, 01:44 PM

On to Wichita and Omaha.

Don't know about Omaha, but if this is the Wichita that has Chief of Police Gordon Ramsay, I'm all for moving there. Ramsey is an outstanding Chief of Police.

When a BLM protest march was being set up, he suggested that they also have a BBQ and a dance. The BBQ and dance went well. There are videos floating around. They are pretty sweet. I don't believe they ever got to the protesting part.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies